Chapter 77. The Dimension of the Stars (2)
940 4 39
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

“To start, how about you try swinging this towards that direction,” she said while flinging the wooden dagger towards my direction, catching me by surprise as I hopped and caught the dagger on my right arm before turning back towards her direction as she stared into the north, flicking her finger before a tall tree started growing from where she stared.

 

I was speechless at what I had seen; the ability to create a tree from near nothingness simply by flicking a finger is something you would never hear about… there are spells dedicated to those but none of them could ever grow a tree this tall in an instant, at most, the best spells could only allow it to grow within a month or two and that is simply called Accelerated Growth according to both my knowledge on Solis VR and from what Aurora had taught me as a side class.

 

“How is the dagger, do you feel anything with it?” she looked at me and asked.

 

“The dagger feels light, there isn’t anything wrong at all?” I looked at her confused before swinging the dagger several times to the north of differing strength before all of a sudden, the dagger’s weight became equivalent to a boulder, stunning me as I fell to the floor.

 

“I take it back… it is super heavy, what’s up with this?” I said while looking up at her as she lent a hand towards me to which I took without hesitation, standing up before brushing off the dirt from the dress I wore.

 

“It’s a special dagger with magical properties that allow its weight to change depending on how much force is exerted towards it,” she answered while looking at me with a gentle and comforting smile.

 

A dagger that can change its weight depending on how much force is exerted towards it, that sounds kind of how should I say it… barbarian-like? There is definitely not much use to a dagger like that… well maybe you can use it to outpower a giant sword, but the advantage point of a dagger is its lightness which allows you to maneuver cleanly and this only breaks that advantage.

 

“Isn’t it useless then?” I asked before she nodded.

 

“The dagger isn’t really useless, it is good as a backup weapon to fight against enemies with weapons that requires another heavy weapon to defend against but still, the main purpose of that dagger is for training and not for battles,” she said while turning around as she pointed at the tree before looking at me with her head.

 

“I will explain the parts of this training session first, do you mind?” she asked before I shook my head as her face beamed before she continued, “The training session will be split into three different parts, the first part will be to train your ability to control the force you will be exerting; the second part will be to have your body be used to weapons of heavy degree.”

 

“Then the third part will be a test on your overall mastery of the two, this will be both a short battle against me.”

 

All of a sudden, shivers ran throughout my spine as I backed off a bit while saying, “But… aren’t you a billion times more powerful than me?” before she tilted her head with a confused smile.

 

“You won’t be fighting against me at full power, to be exact, you will be fighting against a limited me since I will be placing several dozens of seals on my power enough to be both equal and also not equal to yours,” she answered which allowed me to sigh in relief.

 

“Let me first demonstrate what you should be capable of after this first part of the test,” she continued before appearing in front of me as she swung her hand towards the tree, creating a gigantic mushroom cloud of dust throughout the area almost like a nuclear explosion.

 

Almost immediately after the dust cloud appeared, shockwaves blasted throughout the area followed by a super loud bang as all the dust cloud dissipated, revealing the tree that was still standing almost as nothing had happened.

 

A billion questions soon started popping off inside my head as I reimagined the scene from a few seconds ago, the scene was different from what I had expected mainly because of the tremendous power it looked to have carried, that was almost like a nuclear explosion, yet the tree wasn’t even scratched a single bit.

 

“Huh— what…?!” I looked at my hand and became even more surprised as the dagger that I held tightly had vanished, the dagger was now on her hand despite being gripped tightly by me. She had managed to steal it without letting me notice a single bit… is this the same weak Mom I had…?

 

“Are you confused?” she asked before I nodded as she continued, “What I did was simply controlling the amount of force to a certain, precise amount where it would exhaust itself before reaching the tree which in our original world would sound both scientifically and realistically impossible.”

 

“But the laws of this world and that world are both fundamentally different, the two laws cannot be compared with one another nor could it be used in either world. For example, the existence of mana makes the impossible possible, not to mention, this world lacks electrons,” she answered which confused me even more.

 

“Wha— how does that make sense?!” I shouted before she giggled.

 

“This world operates in a certain law called The Manasphere Law in which instead of electrons and several more atoms, a single mana particle replaces them. The true name of mana is basically ‘The Multi-purpose Element’ because of how much it can do,” she answered.

 

“I will explain this law in another time but first I also have to mention that I also stole the dagger from you through both control, power, and strategic planning. The reason why you couldn’t notice it was simply because of the perfect harmony between those three.”

 

“By utilizing a certain amount of force to move your hand strategically that it would feel natural to you, the dagger would be loose and fall off from your hand to which I would then create a fake swing to increase my chances of taking it from you,” she winked.

 

“Hu—wait… that swing was fake?!” I looked at her shocked before she giggled even more.

 

“The answer is both yes and no, the initial swing was indeed fake which was meant to distract you as I took the dagger from you, then after securing the dagger, I would then follow up with a second swing containing the same amount of force as the initial swing. It is a technique is that used a lot by the former heads of the Queenshelm back in the days,” she answered with a proud voice.

 

I was utterly speechless… I couldn’t see the second swing at all, it was almost like she never swung a second time which I would believe more but my unconditional trust with my mother forbids me to believe that she never swung a second time.

 

“Anyhow, a tree maybe a little bit too much for the first part… how about some scarecrows?” she said before flicking her finger once more as dozens of scarecrows appeared from the ground, almost like they came out from a portal somewhere.

 

After summoning the scarecrows, she then walked towards me, placing the dagger firmly onto my hand as she patted my head before whispering, “I wish you good luck, my daughter!” as she waved her hand before all of a sudden, shivers ran onto my spine as the scarecrows’ eyes turned red.

 

“I will be watching from this tree! The first test will be to defeat each scarecrow within ten minutes. The scarecrows can only be defeated by slicing through them with a certain, precise amount of force, that is the only tip I will give to you!” her voice echoed from behind, causing me to be surprised as I turned around before her figure sitting on a tree with a camera on her hand became crystal clear.

 

All of a sudden, alarms rang inside my head as I turned back around before a certain scarecrow came running towards my direction with its mouth wide open. The scarecrow had very sharp fangs that made me tremble as I quickly backed off while swinging the dagger unconsciously with as much force as I could muster.

 

The dagger suddenly turned super heavy that while backing off, my body rolled to the floor from the weight of the dagger. No words could describe the fear that I felt as the scarecrow looked at me with a bright, cheery smile while it ran towards me.

 

“Yikes…” I mumbled, sweating nervously as the scarecrow ran towards me with its sharp fangs became crystal clear. It was almost like a bulldog was coming after me, my body trembled as I tried to stand up only to be knocked back down by a rock.

 

I could only stare at the scarecrow coming at me, gripping the dagger on my hand as tight as I could only for the weight of the dagger to become that of a boulder, pinning me to the floor as sweat ran down on my back before.

 

“AAAAAAHH!”

 

“You can do it, my dear daughter!!!” the enthusiastic cries of my very own cruel mother echoed throughout the place, followed by my very own screams of agony.

 

39