Chapter 152. Yua’s Goodbye.
307 1 14
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

 

After what seemed like three hours of sleep, I immediately went on the move; the walk towards the next layer was super exhausting. It was around eighty steps of stairs before I finally reached the second layer where a large wave of goblins with thick armor awaited me.

 

“I swear… this dungeon really is hell to whoever comes inside. Who places a hundred mobs waiting for the player to arrive?!” I complained while also mocking myself inside since the person who actually caused that was practically me and Kaori who wanted to make it a hard dungeon to conquer, Silvia was against us placing waves of monsters waiting for the player, but we wanted to make it hard.

 

You could say I am receiving my end of karma from my actions… And as if noticing me, all their eyes stared at me as shivers ran through my spines. It was like I was being watched by a billion snakes which felt terrifying.

 

“This really is karma…” I chuckled inside before closing my eyes and taking a deep breath as I materialized my scythe, spinning it around a few times to get my hands a bit warmed up before dashing forward as all the goblins came running towards me, “It’s frenzy time~!”

 

After a second of running, I soon arrived in front of a goblin where I slashed my scythe upwards, slamming its body to the wall while kicking the goblin to its side as I spun my body around, dragging the scythe with me, creating a tiny tornado of slashes.

 

Ten seconds of spinning later, my body relaxed itself as all the goblins retreated a few steps back while staring at me with anger. My scythe was thirsty—or screaming for blood. It wanted to kill; my body wanted more battles, but these goblins were too weak to satisfy me.

 

“It’s better to end this quick,” I mumbled to myself before simultaneously casting ten fireballs around me, firing them straight towards the waves of goblins striking them as heat blasted throughout the cave. The air around the cave was decreasing which made me realize the bad move I had performed, “Yikes… I should have taken that into consideration…”

 

Time was quickly running out as I dashed forward as fast as I could. I needed to rush towards the second boss room before the oxygen around the cave would run out. My scythe kept on slashing forward at the goblins as my feet kept on running. It was like an endless tsunami of goblins, blood spilled all around me as I kept moving forward.

 

“GET OUT OF MY WAY!” I shouted while silently casting [Blood Magic: Destruction] which caused all the blood on the ground to float up and condense around me, creating swords of blood as they flew straight, making a way for me to move.

 

After what seemed like ten minutes of constant killing, the gigantic door that I was looking for was now standing in front of me. The door had the symbol of a knight which told me what boss was waiting for me inside—the headless knight, Yua.

 

“Ugh…” I gritted my teeth as my body started aching for the lack of oxygen, without wasting a single second, I kicked the door open before a knight around the same height as I stood there, cloaked in darkish purple armor and a great sword on his hand.

 

He stared at me as I entered inside the dungeon where the oxygen was at its normal levels, the door soon closed behind me as the knight’s eyes flashed red, causing all the alarms inside my mind to ring as I instinctively used my scythe to block.

 

CLANG! The sound of two metallic objects clashing echoed as the knight stood in front of me with sharp eyes. I tried to parry the sword but to no use which made me smile bitterly inside as I threw a kick straight towards the chest of the knight which ended up flinging him back to the wall.

 

“How dare you sneak attack me?!” I looked at the knight with my scythe down on the floor, my heart was fuming in anger from the mockery, “It’s my turn to attack…”

 

After declaring, I soon pointed my finger towards the knight before vines of blood appeared from the ground, immobilizing him like the Cerberus but unlike the one from the Cerberus, the vines had very sharp thorns that grew, piercing onto the armor of the knight.

 

Taking a step forward, vines grew from the ground around me, flying towards the knight as I took several more steps as more vines grew until I soon reached in front of the knight with the entire room covered in vines of blood.

 

All of the vines struck at every part of the knight except for one section which was the mana stone inside of him. I wanted to keep him alive for a bit since it would be boring to have the second boss die faster than the first book, wouldn’t it?

 

“Yua, is that all you got?”  I twirled my scythe a bit, pointing the non-sharp edge of the scythe on his helmet before slamming it on him several times with a mocking smirk, “Aren’t you too weak? Even the Cerberus lasted longer than you.”

 

“Hey, Yua! How about I go tell the Demon King the location of your family, wouldn’t it be fun if I told him about the location then bring you to the scene where you can enjoy the view as much as you want—the view of your people dying?”

 

Yua, a legendary royal knight who earned himself a grand title as a strong swordmaster. His backstory is super tragic, he was betrayed by his wife who was tired of waiting for someone like him to come home, during his joyous return back to the empire where he lived, he caught his wife having a nice bedtime with another man on their own mansion.

 

Brimming with anger, he killed the two along with his children before meeting the Succubus Queen who threw him into a dream of happiness. A false dream of happiness while she absorbed his powers, turning him into the devil he was now but even though he is no longer alive, he still has one consciousness that exists even today—his longing for a happy family.

“Aren’t you pathetic, Yua?” I mocked before laughing, “Having your own wife cheat on you because you were too ugly, your children looked down on you because of how pathetic you were… it’s almost amusing to see you in this state!”

 

Of course, this was an act for me. The only way I can get him to fight me seriously is by triggering that last consciousness he has. Silvia placed one setting on him which is more like an easter egg, if you triggered his last consciousness, he would then enter into rampage mode and if you manage to kill him, you will finish a secret quest called “Yua’s Goodbye” which would give you a nice reward depending on your class.

 

“Hey, Yua!” I smacked his helm with my scythe with a larger smile, “Your family is dead! You killed all of them, how do you feel?!”

 

And it was that last message that I sent that turned him wild as his eyes flashed purple, without waiting, I dashed back towards the door before all of the vines that immobilized him exploded just as I expected. His body was burning thick purple flames, his sword carried a scary aura that made me shook a bit.

 

“AAAAAAAAAAAA!” he growled super loud, causing the room to tremble before his body vanished, reappearing in front of me like how The Devil of Ashen did but unlike the Devil of Ashen, he swung down his sword almost immediately.

But way before the sword managed to touch me, my body had already reacted and parried the sword with the scythe, striking the center of the sword’s blade as his body took a few steps back which turned into a free attack for me.

 

Taking the opportunity, I closed the gap between us before throwing a kick to his side while catching his body with the scythe on his other side. His body flew straight towards my scythe, creating a deep slash on his armor as he narrowly escaped what should have been a sure kill.

 

“Impressive…” I smiled.

 

The attack was a sure kill since the kick would have pushed his body straight towards the scythe which would then slice his entire body in half but what had happened within the split second before his body was about to touch my scythe was him moving the sword between the scythe and his body which allowed the sword to take the full brunt of the force.

 

After ensuring there was no damage on my scythe, I then turned towards the direction of the knight where his entire body could be seen engulfed in thick purple flames. His sword was raised to the top as the shadow of a giant knight appeared behind him.

 

It was his ultimate skill—The Spirit of a Knight—which as cringey the name sounds is indeed the ultimate skill of only the strongest knights. It takes hundreds of years for a normal person to achieve such skill and the reason is because of one thing.

 

“AAERRRRRRRRRRRRRRR!” his scream echoed before he swung his sword straight towards my direction before the shadow behind him vanished reappearing in front of him with a giant sword that stretched to the roof came running down towards me.

 

There was nothing I could do since as the developer, I understood that physical objects wouldn’t be able to parry the attack since it was mainly a phantom attack. My body only stood still as the sword came crashing down towards me, breaking through my anti-magic defenses as the sword sliced down on my arm, ripping it apart.

 

“Amazing…” I chuckled while staring at my left arm which was no longer there. No blood was spilling off from it, the arm was just gone. I was confused since there was also no pain from the loss of the arm. My body was as if telling me to pick the arm up and place it back which sounded ridiculous.

 

But the body would never be wrong which is why I grabbed the ripped arm from the floor and literally attached it back to its place where veins of blood sprawled from my shoulder, attaching themselves onto the arm before the arm was now at its place.

 

“PFFT… overpowered!” I laughed while staring at the knight whose armor was crumbling basically. It seems like he had exhausted all his remaining mana on that last ultimate skill, to be honest, that kill would maybe damage me more if he targeted the center of my body but no… it seems like his consciousness was holding him back and in the last moment, changed the trajectory of the attack.

 

“You really are worthy of being called ‘The Saint of All Knights’, aren’t you?” I walked towards the crumbling knight with a smile. His true title was not that of a hero but of a saint. He loved people but just like the people, he was a human who led him to his current state of evil.

 

“To think that I would be meeting my creator this way, HAHAHAHA!” a manly voice echoed around the room as the darkish purple tint on the armor vanished, turning into a light-colored armor with golden accents. The face of a man could be seen from his broken helmet with a bright smile on his face, “You are indeed worthy of being called my creator… I am honored to meet you in my last moments.”

 

I was a bit surprised to hear him say ‘my creator’ which means he could tell who I really was… I had plenty of questions I wanted to ask but there was no time as his body was slowly turning transparent… I could only grit my teeth as I asked, “Were you happy with this result?”

 

“Mhm… at least I can meet my innocent children who I wrongfully killed. I want to apologize to them for taking their lives away… They weren’t the ones who should have died from my anger,” a bitter voice replied as I closed my eyes with a nod.

 

“Then—have a great time wherever you may be,” I said while opening my eyes before a bright, warm smile looked down on me as he nodded. After a few seconds more, his body completely vanished before a beautiful pure white bracelet laid on the floor together with the sound of a bell.

 

The Library

You have completed the secret quest: [Yua’s Goodbye] and as such have received the reward:

·         Yua’s Bracelet [applicable to only light element users]

Yua’s Bracelet [best used on Crystal Nonaka]

Yua’s bracelet is a simple, light-element bracelet that can increase the wearer’s affinity to Light Elements by 200%. The bracelet also gives the wearer the special skills: [Sword of Light] and [Saintess Heal] while also giving the wearer a unique passive skill that can only be known to the wearer.

 

The system recommends giving this bracelet to [Crystal Nonaka] for the best passive skill and effect.

 

14