Chapter 20
556 2 15
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

   And so, the crisis of the shrines has been averted. A few days later, Itoh-senpai came to find us at our usual spot to inform us that both her and Hiroto have went to see a therapist. I don’t know about Hiroto, but it definitely worked on Itoh-senpai. She looks much better than she was a few days ago, and her smile has become much more genuine.

   ‘You’re not planning to torment Hiroto-kun anymore, right?’ I ask her just in case.

   ‘Of course not. He’s not even wearing that collar anymore.’

   While we’re talking, Nagano and Suzu are just listening to us quietly. They’ve heard of what Itoh-senpai’s like at her house from me, and even the usually calm Suzu is putting on a slightly terrified expression right now.

   ‘Well, that’s all from me. My apologies for disturbing your meal time.’ she says to us right before leaving.

   Nagano lets out a huge sigh of relief once Itoh-senpai’s out of earshot.

   ‘Do you thinks she meant what she said? About her not torturing her step brother anymore?’ she asks me.

   ‘Her expression looks genuine enough. Well, unless she’s an excellent actress.’

   ‘Either way, let’s make sure that we don’t get under her nose. She really scares me~!’ Suzu tells us.

   ‘True. Just because we’ve helped her once it doesn’t mean that she’s not planning something to get rid of us like Shishido-senpai is.’

   ‘Speaking of which, we really need to find the fifth and last member fast, or they’ll have plenty of excuses to disband us.’ Nagano says.

   ‘And that’s a problem because why?’ I ask.

   Nagano merely rolls her eyes and didn’t bother to answer.

   ‘You also need to find a teacher as the club’s advisor, Aiai.’ Suzu reminds her.

   ‘Don’t you mean we, Suzu?’

   ‘Nope. Just you.’

   Nagano groans. ‘I’m surrounded by traitors.’

   There’s an appointment for consultation today, so Suzu I had to head to the club room after school’s over.

   ‘What do you think the request will be this time, Takkun?’ Suzu asks me while we’re on the way there.

   ‘Who knows? I just hope that it’s not something troublesome.’

   As we’re getting closer to the club room, we see a student standing right outside the entrance.

   ‘Why is that girl wearing a boy’s uniforms?’ Suzu asks me in a small voice.

   ‘Actually, that’s a guy.’ I tell her.

   ‘Takkun, if I barely know you, I would definitely accuse you of pulling my leg.’

   ‘I’m so glad that you know how I’m like by now.’

   Honestly, it’s no wonder Suzu mistaken the student who’s standing a few feet away from us as a girl. I mean, he has a petite frame, his skin is white and smooth, and he has a girlish look on his face.

   ‘Hey there, are you our client for today?’ I call out to him.

   The student flinches when he heard my voice. He then slowly looks over to me and slowly nods.

   ‘Okay then. Let’s all go in.’

   Nagano arrives slightly later than us. By the time she’s here, the rest of us have already settled down and has a cup of hot tea in front of us.

   ‘Hello. You’re Saotome Shota-kun from Class 1-6, right?’ Nagano asks the student.

   ‘Y-Yes, that’s right.’ he answers meekly.

   ‘You know, no matter how many times I look at you, you look like a girl through and through. Are you sure you’re really a boy?’

   ‘I am a boy! I swear it!’

   ‘To be honest, you’re not really convincing anyone. You look too much like a girl.’

   Saotome starts to sniffle. I see tears coming out from the corners of his eyes.

   ‘But, I really am a boy…’ he whimpers.

   Nagano gasps loudly. ‘I’m sorry! I really am! Please don’t cry!’

   She looks at us for help.

   ‘Oh, you made him cry, you made him cry~!’ I chant.

   ‘Aiai, you’re a huge bully~!’ Suzu joins in.

   ‘Well, don’t just fan the flame and help me to stop him from crying!’ she shouts.

   It took Saotome a while to stop crying.

   ‘I’m so sorry for my outburst.’ he sniffles.

   ‘No no, I’m the one who should apologize instead.’ Nagano apologizes.

   ‘More importantly, what’s your request?’ I ask him.

   ‘Well, I’ve been rejected by someone I like recently, and I want to seek advise from all of you before I try again.’

   ‘Alright then. Who’s your crush?’

   ‘Hanamura Miyabi-senpai from Class 3-3.’

   Hanamura Miyabi, 18 years-old. The captain of the girl’s Judo Club. She’s not only good in judo herself, she’s also very good at teaching. Ever since she joined the club back when she was still a freshman, the club has transformed into a near-invincible club that won multiple competitions. She’s the type of student who’s popular among both male and female students.

   ‘Hold on, she rejected you? That Hanamura-senpai did?’ I couldn’t believe my ears.

   He sniffles again. ‘Yes. She probably thinks I’m not a good match for her since I look too much like a girl and is not manly at all.’

   ‘Um, I’m pretty sure that’s not the reason.’

   ‘No, it definitely is! I beg of you! Please train me so that I can become a proper man!’ he begs.

   ‘Do you think you can do it, Bandou-kun?’ Nagano asks me. ‘I mean, you’re the only man here.’

   ‘Before that, I need to confirm something, so I have to get back to you, Saotome.’

   ‘Oh, okay. I’ll be counting on you.’

   He puts on a disappointed expression, as if someone took his favourite toy and lost it. Drat, he looks so cute I’m starting to question my sexuality. And for those of you who might think that Saotome is secretly a girl, prepare to get disappointed. I’ve heard of his classmates checking out his body after they had a gym class. According to them, he had zero resemblance to a female. Those that did the stripping got a severe beating from the girls who adore Saotome, but hey, at least they took one for the team.

   To make contacting him easier, we exchanged numbers.

   ‘Say Takkun, why were you surprised that Hanamura-senpai rejected Saotome-kun?’ Suzu asks me after he left.

   ‘Yeah, I was wondering about that too. Do you know Hanamura-senpai personally or something?’ Nagano asks as well.

   ‘I don’t blame Suzu for being ignorant since she’s still new here. But you’ve been a student here as long as I did, Nagano. Haven’t you heard about the rumor regarding Hanamura-senpai?’

   ‘No I haven’t. What kind of rumor have you heard about her?’

   ‘That she’s a shotacon.’

   ‘...What?’

   ‘And it’s probably not a baseless rumor. I think it was back in June. I saw her looking at a bunch of male grade school students who’s going off to somewhere. She was trying to be expressionless, but her eyes? Those belonged to a predator who was observing her prey.’

   ‘So you’re saying that since Hanamura-senpai likes young boys, there wasn’t any reason for her to reject Saotome-kun who’s totally her type.’

   ‘Exactly.’

   ‘But he got rejected anyway, so there must be something else.’

   ‘Maybe. Either way, we should find out more about her. If she’s dangerous, we have to tell Saotome to give up on her.’

   ‘I guess you’re right.’ Nagano agrees grudgingly.

   ‘Hey, don’t look so reluctant. How are you going to take responsibility if Hanamura-senpai ends up assaulting Saotome? He’ll get scarred for life.’

   ‘I want to deny the possibility, but I guess we can’t be too careful after the incident with Itoh-senpai. So, how are we doing this? You’re not going to ask her directly, are you? She’ll definitely deny it.’

   ‘For now, let’s go observe her.’ I tell the girls.

   Coincidentally, they’re having a break when we got to their club room. I see Hanamura-senpai coming out of there all by herself while wearing her judo uniforms.

   ‘Okay, here’s the plan. We’ll walk past her and talk about Saotome while pretending as if we didn’t see her. Try to keep up with the conversation, Nagano.’

   ‘Hey, I’m not that dim-witted, okay?’ she protests.

   ‘Whatever you say.’

   We walk by Hanamura-senpai while acting like we were too focused on our conversation we failed to see her. I’m painfully aware of the fact that Nagano’s acting all stiff and robotic.

   ‘So, you guys got any idea on how to help Saotome?’ I ask Suzu and Nagano in a tone loud enough to be heard by Hanamura-senpai.

   ‘O-Oh I don’t know, to be honest. It’s not, I mean, it’ll definitely be difficult since Hanamura-senpai looks like someone who has high standard.’ Nagano replies stiffly in an equally loud voice.

   Man, she’s so stiff it pains me to watch her. Thankfully, we didn’t have to continue this act for long.

   ‘Um, excuse me! You three over there!’ Hanamura-senpai calls out to us.

   I turn around and pretend to act surprised to see her there.

   ‘Oh no, we should have saved the discussion at our club room~.’ Suzu says in a monotone that’s a tad too overboard.

   ‘I know the three of you. You three belong to that Love Consultation Club, right?’ Hanamura-senpai asks us.

   ‘That we do.’

   ‘Why did you mention my name when you were discussing Saotome-kun just now?’

   ‘I’m sorry, senpai. Talking about our clients to a third party is strictly forbidden according to our club’s rules. Please forget the fact that you overheard us.’

   ‘Since when did we have a rule like that?’ Nagano asks me in a small voice.

   ‘Shush.’

   ‘I beg of you! At least give me a hint.’

   ‘Again, that won’t do. Unless…’

   I paused for a while on purpose.

   ‘Unless what?’

   ‘You’re prepared to trade a secret with another secret. Also, we’ll be choosing the secret we want from you by asking a question.’

   ‘What? That’s not fair!’

   I merely shrug. ‘You can refuse and leave.’

   Hanamura-senpai grits her teeth and thinks thing through. I could practically hear the gears inside her head going overtime.

   ‘...Fine. I accept your conditions.’

   ‘So be it. Let’s meet up at the summerhouse inside the park near our school once you’re done with your training.’

   ‘Why there? We could go to a family restaurant or something, right?’

   ‘Yes, let’s go there!’ Suzu agrees in a flash. ‘I miss the parfait~!’

   ‘Let’s just say the secret that we want to know is not fit for public ears.’ I tell Hanamura-senpai while ignoring Suzu.

   ‘What’s that supposed to mean?’

   ‘You’ll find out once we sit down and talk.’ I tell her mysteriously.

   Hanamura-senpai wanted to grill me for more information but she needs to take a quick trip to the toilet, so she had to let us go.

   ‘Why did you make up that lie when you could have just told her, Bandou-kun?’ Nagano asks me as we’re heading back to our club room to get our bag.

   ‘Like you said, she might be reluctant to tell her secret fetish if we just told her what she wanted to know. If we got her to trade instead, she’s bound to tell us her secret fetish. Trust me, this tactic always works on serious people like her.’

   We wait for Hanamura-senpai patiently at the park just like we promised. Eventually, she arrives wile wearing her school uniforms once more.

   ‘Now then, let’s get to the point.’ I say to her once she sits down at once of the available seats inside the summerhouse.

   ‘Agreed. What is it that you want to know?’

   ‘Do you have a weird fetish on ogling at young boys?’

   She eyes got as wide as dinner plates.

   ‘What? That’s ridi-’

   ‘And no lies. Please remember our deal. If you decide to lie, we don’t have any obligation to tell you the things we discussed with Saotome.’

   With a face’s that’s burning hot with shame, she slowly nods.

   ‘Yes, it’s true. I’m a shotacon, if you will.’ she confesses.

   I hear Nagano lets out a small gasp.

   I nod in satisfaction. ‘Thank you for being honest with us. Now for our side…’

   I told her about what we talked with Saotome just now.

   ‘Why didn’t he just give up? It’s better if he did.’ Hanamura-senpai mumbles to herself once I was done.

   ‘Um, now that we know your, well, preference, why didn’t you agree to go out with Saotome-kun? Is it because of his age?’ Nagano asks her.

   ‘Of course not! Saotome-kun is the ultimate shota! He’s small, cute, looks like a girl, cries easily, oh I wish I could cuddle him everyday!’

   Hanamura-senpai starts to drool uncontrollably not long after she starts to talk. Her whole body gives off a dangerous vibe too. Honestly, she looks nothing like the usual cool judo prodigy that many students look up to.

   ‘Senpai, you’re drooling.’ I inform her.

   She gasps loudly and wipe away her droll with the back of her arm.

   ‘My apologies. Let us get back to Saotome-kun. Now you know why I rejected him. I have no confidence on controlling myself if we ever start a relationship. The worst part is, I don’t know whether the heart-throbbing feelings I have for him is because he’s a shota or I love him as a man. If it’s the former, what if he becomes tall and manly in the future? I don’t want to break his heart when it happens.’

   ‘Do you think you know why Saotome-kun fell in love with you?’ Suzu asks curiously.

   ‘I think so. A few days ago, I saved him from a group of thugs who were harassing him. He was very grateful to me.’

   ‘So it was a suspension bridge effect caused by a damsel in distress situation.’ I conclude.

   ‘Indeed. Although he’s no damsel. Well, now you know the whole story, please stop him from doing anything foolish. I’m not worth his time, and the sooner he realizes that, the better.’

   ‘I really think that he’s the one who should decide that, not you, senpai.’

   ‘What else do you expect me to do then? Go out with him for real?’

   ‘For starters, you can tell him the truth.’

   ‘But, what if he gets repulsed by my fetish?’

   I shrug. ‘Isn’t that the point? You want him to stay away from you, right? Unless you still want him to admire you.’

   ‘No. I want him to know that I’m not someone worth his admiration.’ she says firmly.

   ‘It’s decided then.’

   The sky’s gotten very dark, so I texted to Saotome to go to the rooftop during lunchtime tomorrow. I didn’t go into details in case he chickens out when he hears that Hanamura-senpai will be there as well. As a result, he replied that he’ll be going there as soon as the bell for the lunchtime rings.

   The next day soon arrives. Saotome arrives at the rooftop just like he promised. Honestly, I’m more than happy to just let them solve things on their own, but Hanamura-senpai insisted on our presence, so here we are with her. To make sure no random students or teachers come to the rooftop, I ask Nitta to watch over the entrance to the place and stops anyone who wants to go there.

   As everyone have expected, Saotome freaked out the moment he saw Hanamura-senpai.

   ‘Um, I’ve just remembered that my long lost sister is left all alone at our house. I need to take care of her, so I’ll be leaving.’ he makes up a random excuses and tries to leave.

   ‘Please wait, Saotome-kun!’ Hanamura-senpai calls out to him.

   Saotome turns around hesitantly to look at her.

   ‘I, I have a confession to make. I’m actually a shotacon.’

   Saotome tilts his head. ‘Shotacon? What’s that?’

   ‘It’s short for shota complex. To put it simply, I love young and young-looking boys. I’ve always dreamed of being surrounded by lots of shotas while having them call me onee-chan. There’s nothing I love more than seeing them getting dressed up in kindergartners’ uniforms and carry those cute backpacks. Of course, you’re one of my top targets in my ideal harem. Uhehehehe~’

   And she’s drooling again. Saotome understandably looks grossed out by her disgusting expression. After telling us her illegal and dangerous desires, she turns back to normal.

   ‘Now you know my undesired face that I’ve never shown anyone. Do you still have feelings for me?’

   Her expression now looks sad but refreshed, as if she’s feeling guilty that she has just destroyed Saotome’s image of her. On the other hand, she’s no longer keeping a secret from him.

   Unexpectedly, Saotome isn’t backing down.

   ‘Yes! Yes I do!’ he replies in the loudest voice that I’ve heard from him.

   ‘What? Why? I’m disgusting! I’m a potential criminal! Why do you still love me?’

   ‘Because my feelings for you didn’t emerge from a single night! Ever since I’ve enrolled here, I’ve always noticed you, senpai! You’re strong, kind, cool, caring, responsible and patient! You’re good at communicating with others, you work hard more than anyone else in your judo club to set an example! So what if you’re a shotacon? I still love you!’

   Hanamura-senpai closes her ears with both her hands.

   ‘Stop! Stop being so nice to me! I don’t deserve your kindness! I might end up assaulting a poor boy one day, you know? Do you really want to get into a relationship with someone like me?’

   ‘Then I’ll stop you!’

   Hanamura-senpai removes her hands. ‘What?’

   ‘I said that I’ll stop you, senpai. You said that you want me as part of your harem, right? If I’m at your side, you can just quench your thirst by using me and won’t have to attack innocent young boys.’

   ‘Are you insane? Why are you going so far for me? You’re a good man, Saotome-kun. If you look hard enough, you won’t have any difficulty in finding yourself an excellent girlfriend.’

   ‘Senpai, do you recall the time when you save me form those thugs?’

   ‘Of course I do. What about it?’

   ‘After those thugs were gone, you complimented me for holding back my tears despite being scared. You also said that I’m a real man for being able to do that. And you called me a man just now too.’

   ‘What’s so special about that? All I did was called you something that you already are.’

   ‘That’s the thing, senpai. Even my parents think I’m in the wrong gender since I’m small and girlish. But not you. You might lust for me, but you also see me for who I am. And now, it’s my turn. I’ll accept you for who you are. So please, let me stay by your side.’

   Hanamura-senpai lets out a defeated sigh. ‘Don’t regret this, you hear?’

   ‘I definitely won’t.’

   They go near each other so that they could embrace each other.

   ‘Last chance. You can still turn back if you want to.’ Hanamura-senpai tells Saotome.

   ‘No thank you.’ Saotome declines politely.

   ‘Would you like to come to my room after school today? My parents aren’t home and won’t be coming back until two days later.’ she asks him as they hug.

   ‘I would love to.’ he answers immediately.

   ‘Wonderful. I have lots of costumes I sewed myself for you to wear. There’s the staple kindergartner’s uniforms, some animal pyjamas, even  girl’s clothing-’

   ‘Saotome, remember to call the police if things got nasty!’ I tell Saotome.

   As the newly-formed couples is flirting with each other, the rest of us leave the rooftop quietly. Nitta, who was listening just beyond the entrance, has the look of someone who’s full of questions.

   ‘Can you keep everything you heard a secret?’ I request.

   ‘Sure. It’s not like it has anything to do with me. Besides, I still respect her, shotacon or no.’

   ‘And another happy couple is born!’ Nagano says happily.

   ‘Let’s just hope that the girlfriend won’t start a criminal case.’ I wish from the bottom of my heart.

15