Popularity Poll 1st place Winner: Yoshinaga Suzume (1)
221 0 4
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

   The summer holiday is finally over, and we have to go back to school. The weather’s starting to get cold, so all of us are allowed to wear our winter uniform. Even so, going to school is still a drag.

   ‘Why can’t summer holidays be longer~?’ I hear Suzu complains the moment I head inside our classroom.

   ‘You shouldn’t complain, Suzu-san.’ Takaki is saying to her. ‘Is it not a joy to come back to school after so long?’

   ‘I certainly don’t miss it. What I do miss is able to wake up late every morning~.’

   ‘You’re as slothful as ever, I see.’

   ‘It wouldn’t hurt you to get up early every once in a while, you know.’ I tell Suzu as I get to my seat.

   ‘Easy for you to say~! I don’t have a habit of waking up early just to go jogging like you, Takkun~! And it’s not like you enjoy coming to school either.’

   ‘True that. Say, Takaki. Can’t you ask Chairwoman Seki to extend our summer holidays?’

   ‘That’s right that’s right! Use your authority as the student council president to help us, Takayu~!’

   ‘The two of you should know very well that I can’t do that. Nor do I want to. Having a rest every once in a while is good for the mind and body, but resting too long will make one sloppy and unrefined.’

   ‘Just like Suzu.’

   ‘Hey~!’ Suzu protests.

   ‘Honestly, Suzu-san. You really should-’ Takaki begins her lecture.

   Before she could continue, Suzu lets out a huge yawn and proceeds to lie down on the table.

   ‘Suzu-san? Why are you going to sleep? The class is about to start, you know? Suzu-san!’

   It took everything Takaki could to wake Suzu up that morning. The morning classes went by in a flash, and it’s already lunchtime. Takaki and Nitta has something to take care of in the student council office, so they’re having their lunch there. Suzu, Nagano and myself head to our usual spot to have lunch. On the way, Nagano separates from us so that she could buy a drink from the vending machine. She tells us to go ahead first.

   ‘Would you like something as well while I’m at it?’ she asks before she leaves.

   ‘No thanks~. I’m not thirsty~.’ Suzu says to her.

   I take out my wallet from my pocket. ‘Green tea, if it’s not too much trouble.’

   ‘Green tea, right? Got it.’

   After she has left, I notice that there is a piece of paper on the ground. I pick it up to inspect it. It’s the ticket I got from Shimada-sensei for winning the marathon right before summer holidays begin. It must have fallen out when I was taking out my money to pay Nagano.

   ‘What do you got there, Takkun?’ Suzu asks me.

   ‘One ticket to a water park. I was keeping it for so long I’ve forgotten that it exists.’

   ‘Did you got it so that you could go there with your cousin?’

   ‘Nope. I won it after getting first place at the marathon.’

   Suzu shivers uncontrollably at the mere mention of the marathon.

   ‘Please don’t remind me of the horrible memory~.’ she says while continuing to tremble.

   ‘That reminds me. I’m rather surprised that you of all people actually managed to finish that marathon. Did you cheat in some way?’

   ‘Not exactly. I was taking so long to reach the goal Shimada-sensei took pity on me and gave me a ride~.’

   ‘Wow. Just, wow.’

   ‘More importantly, what are you going to do with that ticket?’

   ‘I might as well just throw it away. It doesn’t matter that it doesn’t have any expiry date. I don’t have anyone to go with.’

   ‘What if I say I’ll go with you?’

   A pause.

   ‘...What?’

   ‘Like I said, what if I go with you?’ she repeats.

   ‘Correct me if I’m wrong, but you can’t swim, right? You told me that you can’t at Miraikan.’

   ‘Yup. I can’t swim at all.’

   ‘And yet you want to come with me to a water park?’

   She puts her hand on my shoulder.

   ‘Did you know, Takkun? Swimming is not the only activity available at a water park. There are a lot of food sold there.’

   ‘So that’s your aim. If you want food, why don’t you just go somewhere that serves them? You don’t have to go all the way to a water park just for some yakisoba or something?’

   ‘Takkun, did you know that I’m an indoor person?’

   ‘Well, yeah. And I think it’s obvious to anyone who knows you long enough.’

   ‘Right. This water park? It’s indoors. It has roofs and everything.’

   ‘And?’

   ‘And since I’m an indoors person, I will never go to the beach. Going to this water park is as close as it’ll be for a beach experience.’

   ‘Let me guess. It was always your dream to eat yakisoba at the beach?’

   Suzu beams.

   ‘You know me so well, Takkun~! So can we go there? Can we can we can we?’ she asks desperately while shaking me with both her hands.

   ‘All right all right all right! Now stop shaking me! I’m getting dizzy here.’

   She lets go of my shoulders. ‘Yay~!’

   She was all smiles and getting excited, but then stops herself.

   ‘I just remembered that I have a problem.’

   ‘Yeah. You can’t swim.’

   ‘No no, not that~. I don’t have a swimsuit.’

   ‘Well, it’s not like you ever had any plans to go near somewhere with lots of water.’

   ‘Yup, until now. I guess I need to buy one. Can you come with me, Takkun?’

   ‘What? Why do you need someone to accompany you to go buy a swimsuit? Ask Serizawa-san instead.’

   ‘You actually want a man past his prime to accompany a high school girl to buy swimsuit?’

   ‘...On second thought, I’ll go. No need to trouble him.’

   ‘I know you’ll understand~. Let’s meet up at the school gate at 10 in the morning this Saturday. We’ll go to the water park on Sunday.’

   I guess there goes my peaceful weekends. And I have to take two off-days in a row from my part-time work.

   Weekend soon arrives, and it’s time for me to meet up with Suzu.

   ‘Have fun on your date, onii-chan.’ Miiko tells me as I head out.

   ‘It’s not a date, but thanks anyway. And I’ll most likely be back before lunch, so wait for me if you can.’

   ‘Got it.’

   When I reach Jindai, the usual black car is already parked right next to the school gate. As I watch, one of the windows from the back opens up. Suzu’s head pops out from it.

   ‘Morning Takkun~! Come on, get inside.’ she tells me.

   I get inside and sits down right next to her.

   ‘Good morning, sir.’ Serizawa-san the elderly butler greets me politely.

   ‘Morning Suzu. Good morning Serizawa-san.’

   ‘Are you excited to head to the swimsuit shop, Takkun?’ Suzu asks me.

   ‘Nope.’

   ‘Yeah, so am I.’

   ‘Hey, you wanted to do this.’ I remind her.

   ‘I know, but that still doesn’t make me enthusiastic~. Maybe we should call this off, after all~.’

   ‘So where are we heading?’ I ask in an attempt to change the subject.

   ‘To Harajuku.’

   ‘Why all the way there? I’m pretty sure there are lots of shops that sell swimsuits around Tokyo.’

   ‘There are, but we have to go to that one.’

   I was about to ask the reason when my eyes fall on her well-developed breasts. Oh, right. Normal swimsuits won’t fit her.

   It took Serizawa-san more than thirty minutes to drive us to our destination as Harajuku is quite far from Tokyo. When we finally reach it, Serizawa-san parks the car inside an outdoor car park.

   ‘I will be waiting here. Please take your time.’ he tells us.

   ‘Okie dokie~! Let’s go, Takkun!’

   ‘Right.’

   As we’re walking on the street of Harajuku, Suzu is constantly making heads turn. Guy. Girls. Small kids. Middle-aged men and women. Pretty much all of them couldn’t stop themselves from staring at her. I don’t blame them, to be honest. Even though Suzu is acting like a dork most of the time, she’s still a beauty. She’s also a mixed blood. Those pretty silver hair and blue eyes give her even more points. There’s also the, well, mountains of hers. Enough are said about them.

   The person in question is oblivious to all the attention she’s getting. It’s either she didn’t notice, or she just doesn’t care. I don’t know which. I have a very bad habit of trying to read people in case they want to do me harm. Even though I’ve known Suzu for almost a year now, I still can’t tell what she’s thinking. Sometimes, it’s intriguing to try and figure out her inner thoughts.

   ‘If cows and chickens could breed with each other, I wonder if the cows would end up laying eggs, and the chickens end up producing milks…’ she wonders out loud while having a serious expression.

   …Or not.

   We pass by a crepe stand. Suzu stops walking and stares at it while drooling.

   ‘Takkun, is it okay if we get a crepe~?’ she asks with sparkling eyes.

   ‘Isn’t it way too early to get a snack?’

   ‘What are you saying, Takkun~? It’s never too early to get a snack. Besides, you can’t say that we’ve been to Harajuku without trying the crepe here.’

   ‘Well, go ahead I guess. It’s your stomach.’

   ‘Yay~!’

   The staff on duty was very nervous when Suzu approached the stall.

   ‘Um, may I help you how may I?’ she asks Suzu with broken English.

   ‘She’s a Japanese.’ I inform her.

   That make her more relaxed.

   ‘How may I help you?’ she asks again, this time with Japanese.

   ‘One chocolate banana crepe, please~.’ Suzu requests.

   ‘Certainly. Is there anything else?’

   ‘Do you want something, Takkun?’ Suzu asks me.

   ‘Nah, I’m good.’

   ‘I’ll just have the chocolate banana one, then.’ Suzu tells the staff.

   ‘That would be 450 yen.’

   ‘Did you remember to bring cash this time?’ I ask Suzu.

   ‘Of course I do, Takkun~. I’m someone who learns my lesson, you know~.’ she tells me smugly as she hands the staff the money.

   ‘Thank you for your patronage. Please wait a moment as I work on your order.’ the staff tells her once the payment has been made.

   ‘Okie dokie~.’

   We wait patiently while the crepe is being cooked, and I wait some more while Suzu is gobbling it down.

   ‘Yup yup, chocolate banana flavor is the only one to go when it comes to crepes~.’ she says with an expression of absolute bliss.

   It took her less than three minutes to finish eating.

   ‘Can we go to the swimsuit shop now?’ I ask once she’s done.

   ‘Yup. Let’s go~!’

   The shop itself is a modest single storey building. However, I could tell that the place is a big deal the moment I saw the employee.

   ‘Welcome, dear customers.’ she says to us while lowing really low.

   She’s dressed up in formal uniforms, and her attitude is all prim and proper. If I didn’t know any better, I’ll be thinking that I’m inside some kind of high class restaurant, or a five star hotel.

   Suzu stares at the employee, and looks at me.

   ‘How am I supposed to act, Takkun?’ she asks me in a soft voice.

   ‘Why are you asking me? You’re an ojou-sama, right? So act like one!’ I tell her in an equally soft voice.

   ‘How may I assist you today?’ the employee asks after she stood upright.

   ‘Um, do you sell swimsuits with my size?’ Suzu asks. ‘It has the same initial as this country.’

   Wait, the same initial of this country? That would mean-

   ‘Yes, miss. We do sell swimsuits that has J-cup.’ the employee confirms.

   ‘Phew~! Boy am I glad to hear that~!’ Suzu says in relieve.

   ‘Please follow me.’

   ‘Sure thing. Let’s go Takkun~.’

   ‘I’ll just wait here.’ I say to her awkwardly.

   ‘That won’t do, Takkun~. You’re supposed to help me choose my swimsuit~.’

   ‘I’m supposed to what?’

   ‘Come on, no need to be shy~.’

   ‘Hey, don’t pull me!’

   In the end, I was dragged inside.

   The staff shows Suzu the rack where the swimsuits that fits her size are displayed. She then excused herself and keeps her distance away from us, but never too far just in case we need her.

   ‘Right Takkun. Get choosing.’ Suzu orders me.

   ‘Again. Why am I doing this? Can’t you choose your own swimsuit?’

   ‘Because it’s fun to see you acting all embarrassed~.’ she says smugly.

   ‘My my Suzu, I didn’t know that you were such a sadist.’

   I sigh and get to the choosing. Best to get this over with. After looking at all the available ones, I chose a blue bikini and another silver one.

   ‘Here, try these on.’ I tell Suzu as I show them to her.

   ‘You got it~. Just wait outside like a good boy, okay~?’

   ‘Why are you talking as if I would peek at you?’

   She looks at me with a surprised expression.

   ‘You won’t?’ she asks.

   ‘Of course I won’t! Now get change already!’

   ‘On it~.’ she says while chuckling.

   While Suzu’s inside one of the changing rooms, I settle with going to the men’s section and look at some swimming trunks. I don’t need one. The one I bought last year still fits me. Besides, I’m never going to buy something from this shop. Even the cheapest swimming trunks here cost three months of my salary.

   ‘Takkun~? Where are you, Takkun~?’

   I turn around and feel my jaws drop. Suzu is wearing the blue bikinis I chose for her, and she looks absolutely gorgeous in it. They show a lot of skin too, and don’t get me started on her breasts. All in all I don’t even know where to look.

   ‘So? So? How do I look~?’ she asks as she’s spinning around.

   I take a deep breath so that I could calm myself.

   ‘You look nice. Really.’

   ‘You’re not looking at me, Takkun~!’ she complains.

   ‘It’s kind of hard to do that when I don’t know where to look.’

   ‘It’s fine, Takkun. You can look however much you want~.’

   ‘Just, wear the second one already. Please.’

   ‘Got it~.’

   Man. This is bad for my heart. I hope this is over soon.

   Suzu soon comes out while wearing the silver bikinis. Somehow, she looks just as attractive.

   ‘What about this one~?’ she asks.

   That took me some time to answer since it would be rude if I give her a half-baked answer like ‘you look good in this one too’. I need to choose from one of them.

   ‘This one looks nicer on you.’ I eventually answer.

   ‘Okay then. This one it is.’

   ‘Wait, seriously? You’re not going to give it any thought yourself?’

   ‘Nope. You chose this one for me, so I trust your judgment. Besides, you chose this one and the blue one because they match the color of my hair and my eyes, right?’

   ‘Well, yeah.’

   ‘Then I shouldn’t waste your thoughts and end up choosing something else. Not after all you did.’

   I shrug. If she has decided on it, it’s not my problem anymore.

   ‘Well, I’m going to pay for it. Wait here while I get changed.’ she tells me next.

   ‘Sure. Take your time.’

   ‘You can still come and peek if you want, you know?’

   ‘I’m telling you that I won’t!’

   Suzu goes inside the changing room while chuckling heartily.

   After she changed back to her usual clothes, she calls the staff just now over to tell her that she wants to buy the silver bikinis.

   ‘Would you like to look around some more while I process this for you?’ the staff asks as she’s taking the bikinis from Suzu.

   ‘Hey Takkun, do you have anything you want to buy from here~?’ Suzu asks me.

   ‘Nope. I’m good.’

   ‘Then I would like to pay for them right now.’

   ‘Understood.’

   I didn’t follow Suzu to the counter. I dread to see the price of the bikinis. I’ve heard that bras with bigger cup sizes tend to cost more since more materials were used. I’m pretty sure the same thing applies to bikini tops.

   ‘All done. Let’s leave~.’ Suzu tells me once she’s done paying and got a paper bag containing her new bikinis.

   I hear Suzu’s stomach rumble not long after we leave the shop. I stare at her in disbelief.

   ‘You’re hungry already? Whatever happened to the crepe you ate?’

   ‘Silly Takkun, didn’t you know that we have a different area to store desserts in our digestive system?’

   ‘I’m pretty sure that we don’t.’

   ‘Either way, I’m hungry~.’

   ‘In that case, do you want to grab something for lunch?’ I ask her.

   ‘Hmm, I’m not sure~. I want to go back to my house to play games, but there are some famous restaurants around here. What do you think, Takkun~?’

   ‘We’re out here anyway, so we might as well, right? Can you even make it until you get home?’

   ‘Nope~.’

   ‘I guess it’s decided then.’

   I take out my phone to call Miiko.

   ‘I won’t be back on time for lunch, so just make your own portion, okay?’ I tell her once she picks up her phone.

   ‘Got it, onii-chan. But whatever happened to “I’ll be back before lunch”?’

   ‘Change of plans. Miss glutton here couldn’t keep her hunger in until she’s back at her own house.’

   ‘Hey~!’ Suzu protests.

   ‘Anyway, I’ll be late today. Be careful when you’re alone, okay?’

   ‘Of course. No need to worry about me.’

   As we pass by a restaurant that sells mostly pork cutlet rice sets, I suggest to eat here. Suzu agrees with my idea.

   There’s a reason I chose here. Places like this usually gives an unlimited refill for rice. For a huge glutton like Suzu, this is a perfect place for her. And wouldn’t you know, they do have free flow rice. Not only that, they serve unlimited cabbages and miso soup.

   ‘Excuse me~! I would like more rice please!’ Suzu waves her empty bowl around as she asks for her third refill of rice.

   ‘Pipe down, you’re bothering the other customers.’ I tell her.

   ‘I can’t help it~! I’m still hungry, you know~?’

   ‘That’s no excuse. Now behave yourself.’

   ‘Okay~.’

   I hear some giggles and chuckling coming from some tables. From those customers’ point of views, I probably look like an elder brother who’s taking care of his troublesome younger sister.

   While waiting for the rice to be refilled, she continues to stuff her face with cabbages. It’s like watching a rabbit having her meal.

   She starts to mumble something. I can’t catch what she said since she hasn’t swallowed those cabbages.

   ‘I can’t hear what you’re saying at all. Don’t you know it’s rude to talk when your mouth is full?’

   This time, she made sure to swallow before she talks again.

   ‘Can we have some desserts after we’re done eating?’ she asks.

   ‘Sure, I guess. What do you have in mind?’

   ‘Parfaits! We passed by a café just now, and the parfaits some of the customers were eating looked delicious! After that, some cheesecake. And then…’

   I’m not even going to ask her whether she can finish all those things. She definitely can.

   Once the rice is here, she resumes her eating. The last two pieces of pork cutlets she saved up are also eaten. All this while, she’s eyeing my share of the cutlets. I sigh and push my plate that’s half-full with pork cutlets towards her. Her eyes widen in surprise.

   ‘Is it really okay for me to have those, Takkun?’ she asks me.

   ‘Yeah, I’m sure. Go ahead.’

   ‘Yay~! Thank you, Takkun!’

   Two more refills of rice later, Suzu is finally satisfied. Satisfied with the main course, that is. She still hasn’t had her fill with desserts. When she’s finally done, we head back to the car park so that Serizawa-san can get us home. He sent me directly to me apartment so that I don’t have to walk so much.

   ‘Thank you for the ride, Serizawa-san.’ I tell him once the car stops.

   ‘You’re welcome, sir.’

   ‘Thanks for today, Takkun~! I’ll see you tomorrow~!’ Suzu says to me.

   ‘Yeah, see you tomorrow.’

4