BLBL Newsletter [16] : May 2022
210 6 17
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

BLBL NEWSLETTER - MAY 2022

Welcome all to the May 2022 edition of the Brilliant Library of Boys Love Newsletter!  \(≧▽≦)/

The contents of this newsletter are as follows: (click on the titles to jump to that section!)

  1. The Boys' Love Summer Short Story Anthology
  2. BL Palace's Annual Workshop
  3. Newly completed BL novels on Scribble Hub (April 2022)
  4. BL author news
  5. The banner chibis
  6. OG BL novel recommendations
  7. General BL News
  8. Fun corner
  9. Housekeeping for BL Palace
  10. Acknowledgements

1. The Boys' Love Summer Short Story Anthology

Announcement
It's time to announce the result of the polls! Our theme winner is... Sunny Days and Starry Nights! Thank you to everyone who participated in the poll, we're excited to see what you do with these!

 

 

With that, it's about time to announce the start of our third seasonal anthology!

Experienced authors and prospective writers alike, we encourage you to submit an entry! Would you like to write a fun beach day? Or perhaps a tense test of courage during a night in a supposedly haunted house? Whatever it is you decide to create, we'll happily accept it as long as there's boy's love!

 All the details (and rules!) can be found in the official event announcement on the Scribble Hub Forum.  For any questions regarding the anthology, please feel free to ask either RedEmber or a member of the BL Palace Discord Server mods team.

Here is some quick information:

You can connect with other writers on the BL Palace Discord Server!

Announcement
Title submissions is also open: fill out this form with your best title ideas for the summer anthology, and we'll vote on it next month. The form will close at the end of May, submit early to make sure your title ideas will appear in the poll!

 

Return to Contents


2. BL Palace's Annual Workshop: Grand Banquet of the Kings!

This is the opening announcement for the annual Grand Banquet of the Kings!

You might be wondering "What is this banquet?" Well, it is BL Palace's Annual Workshop, now a joint event with our resident anthology!

We, the attendants of BL Palace, invite you all to a gathering of connoisseurs for OG and translated BLs, where our authors and artists shall host panels and games for you to enjoy!

We are looking for both panel hosts and attendees, so if you are interested, you can join using the form below!

Although the date is not yet set in stone, this event shall be set late summer along with the anthology!

So, before the royal organizers can decide on the date of the Grand Banquet, we welcome all of you to send us your thoughts and suggestions for the banquet's itinerary. (Link here)

Do send us your responses by the 1st of June!

If you have any questions, please message the lovely: @Get this rat 3CC of coffee stat, @Hartfel or @Okura, The Peach in Crisis on the discord server.

 

Return to Contents


3. Newly completed BL novels on Scribble Hub (April 2022)

Here are the novels that were completed in April 2022!

Salvation of the Scum Fifth Prince

 

Salvation of the Scum Fifth Prince by lukiyo_224

273.9 k | 96 ch | Adventure, Boys Love, Fantasy, Isekai, Mystery, Psychological, Romance

The reaper of the apocalypse has been unwilling forced into the body of a scum prince destined for death. He decides, the best way to spend this new life is to live aimlessly and freely. A leisure life with no problems, here he comes!

But of course, from the pages of the novel he read, the protagonist stares right at him.

“Soren Rosenbaum,” says the man, sword gleaming under the watchful sun. “Who the hell are you?”

———

One sentence summary: In which a hippo (Raphael) and a sloth (Soren) bicker and find their salvation.

[BL]What Makes One A Hero?

 

What Makes One A Hero? by bubblebunnytea

2.9 k | 1 ch | Boys Love, Fantasy, Romance

What makes one a hero?

Was it their compassion for every living being? Or their saviour complex?

Sergio, a well renowned hero, had always pondered: Who decided that they were good enough to be called a hero or bad enough to be called a villain?

And the doubt deepened when he met Nikolai, the sweetest villain known to the world (Okay, that's just his crush on Nikki talking) But that didn't stop him from falling into the abyss called love.

***
Dead EQ hero x Dead IQ villain
Idiot to lovers

The Dream

 

The Dream by doravg

37.5 k | 36 ch | Adventure,Boys Love, Fanfiction, Fantasy, Romance

The Dream of Constantinople started in 58 BCE with the union of the then Beshter, also known as the Wanderer, and the Ventrue Antonius the Gaul. It started with a broken heart and was mended by the wronged party when the Fourth Crusade threatened to end it.
A mix of historical fiction of the real world and Vampire: The Masquerade lore. With a twist. Something that should have been.

Let’s Build A Sect Together!

 

Let’s Build A Sect Together! by LinXueLian

17 k | 19 ch | Boys Love, Comedy, Historical, Martial Arts

Sun Quan: Aha! I've joined a sect today!
Sun Wu: Oh no, I've lost everything playing mah-jong......
Sun Quan: We're bankrupt! Σ( °△°|||)

Lin Quan, a spiny youth with a hot-and-cold attitude, joins an immortal cultivation sect as a servant. When he finds out his master is a bumbling airhead with a gambling addiction, he picks up the reins and makes some very big changes to their peak in order to save it.

'Let's build a sect together!' is a self-indulgent, episodic comedy series revolving around the lives of a tsundere pill forger, his bumbling peak master with a gambling addiction, and his lively martial younger brothers who live in the same peak.

Modern Necromancer

 

Modern Necromancer by doravg

8.4 k | 8 ch | Action, Adventure, Boys Love, Historical, Romance, Slice of Life, Supernatural

Antonius Lesovski is not your typical treasure hunter. He is a necromancer. Which, in this day and age, should be kept hidden. Sure, no one will strap him to a pyre, but he would rather keep his secret on how he finds buried treasure from all over the world to himself. But, with all the money he makes selling the things he finds on the black market, he gets overwhelmed with managing them.
Enter Cesare Agosti, an Italian man who just lost his job because of the pandemic. He sees a job ad for an assistant with certain credentials that he does have. What is more, the ad says he will have to travel. Cesare had always wanted to do that. So, he applies.

Greatly inspired by the TV series Relic Hunter. A short story.

Return to Contents


4. BL author news

Help these authors by checking out their work 😊😊

Announcement

Captive

E5M01 is making a comic for their BL Visual Novel, Captive! While that's a work in progress, you can check out the visual novel, which just released Chapter Four!

"Captive" is a Boys Love Fantasy Visual Novel in which a dark elf has decided to kidnap you and bring you into the Abyss. You will have to find a way to overcome the obstacles of your situation and also deal with your feelings!

Announcement

bafflinghaze is now posting their new novel, These Side Characters Have More Important Things To Do!

These Side Characters Have More Important Things To Do

Boys Love, Fantasy, Isekai, Romance, Slice of Life

Spoiler

After dying in the zombie apocalypse, Ren Xiyang inexplicably transmigrates into the body of a villainess in a het BG romantic fantasy novel.

Ren Xiyang: “…”

Following the villainess’s script and acting as a side character in the female lead’s story? How irresponsible.

After dying from the plague-curse, the Crown Prince Rian Azure learns that he is only a side character in a romantic fantasy novel. When he wakes up before it all happens…

Rian Azure: “!!!”

Letting the plague-curse devastate his kingdom again? Not if he can do something about it!

The female lead Cassiopeia Schauss can do whatever she wants. These two side characters don’t have time to care: they have more important things to do! This is a farming and fief-building BL now ┐( ̄ヮ ̄)┌

*

Cassiopeia Schauss: *preparing to confront the villainess according to the story*

Ren Xiyang: *walks right past her*

Rian Azure: *running behind Ren Xiyang and throws his arms over Ren Xiyang’s shoulders*

Rian Azure: Yangyang! Yangyang, how about we ~duel~ again?

Ren Xiyang: ………………………

Cassiopeia Schauss (who doesn’t recognise Ren Xiyang): *still waiting, still waiting…*

- Note, this scene is for illustrative purposes only

[collapse]

 

 

 

Return to Contents


5. Who are the chibis?

Did you see the chibis on our heading banner? Do you know where they come from? Such a mystery~ 😏😏

In every BLBL Newsletter, we dedicate a corner to showcase our staff's incredible artistic talent and give a shout-out to a handful of beautiful BL couples from novels featured on our very own Scribblehub! σ(≧ε≦o)

This month's chibis are courtesy of these lovely and hardworking artists: tiaf and Killokii!

Have you read enough BL novels to guess which books these cute and adorable chibis are from? There's no punishment for guessing wrong! But if you guessed correctly before the big reveal you might just receive a cookie! 🍪🍪🍪🍪

Now, drum-roll please! 🥁🥁🥁

 

Nikolai and Sergio from What Makes One A Hero? by bubblebunnytea

Leon Brackshaw and Anri Eaton from Black Star Heart by Veronica8

Announcement

Did you like these chibis a lot? Would you also like to have chibis of your BL characters drawn?  If you have a finished or regularly updating novel with over 20k words, you can fill out this form to have a chibi of your main couple drawn and included in the newsletter banner!

 

 

Return to Contents


6. OG BL novel recommendations

Creation, The wolves that are us (Creation series, Book 1)  

Creation, The wolves that are us by ARvern

WIP: 83.3 k  | 54 ch | Action, Adventure, Boys Love, Comedy, Fantasy, Girls Love, Mature, Mystery, Supernatural

Review by UM3:

(✿ ♥‿♥) wolf pups are adorbs! their fluffs! their effs rages!

ahh~~~~ what can I do?! My hand! You can’t! There’s tons of work to do!

and~ *click*

Hmm. It’s actually kinda fast-paced, with the changing POV and the background settings here and there. The author noted the change in POV so it wasn’t that difficult to follow along, just… I got a little angsty following along because when *bam* change in POV! I went… I-WANT-TO-KNOW-BRING-IT-BACK-WHAT-THE-****-HAPPENED!! Then *bam* the POV changed again and YES-NOW-WHATS-HAPPENING-NOW!!!

*ahem* if you won’t feel as I do, then give it a read~ as simple as I can put it: It’s like a pack of kids fighting for candy (*wink-wink*) with a mix of mythical elements~ give it a try and join me ( ⓛ ω ⓛ *)!

Summary:

Spoiler

The origin of a species and the different families that inherited the power of unknown birth collide in an attempt to settle their ways and solve mysteries, how will they react when the answer to that truth is shown?

The story mostly takes the perspective of Percy, a 19 year old member of the Daybreak pack as well as some additional characters' point of view. These packs having their respective abilities that shape their lifestyles, and they've remained inherited throughout the pack's history and bloodline which over time have long lost their origins.

[collapse]
White over Red (BL)  

White over Red by kin0monogatari

WIP: 22 k  | 25 ch | Action, Boys Love, Mature, Mystery, Psychological, Romance, Smut

Review by UM3:

(=✪ᆽ✪=)✧ ****DAMN! I’m gonna quote a line from one of the chapters (happy hunting for the source!): ‘he will do bottom for me.’ I MEAN, COME ON! Hot damn! Putting smexy images in my mind! *ahem* of course this will differ according to how it is said, so don’t wait and start~ I like me some pinch of badness and, erm, midnight and dawn coarseness (imagine how you will), and what more can I say without revealing too much?! All key characters so far are badasses in their own way, and my state after reading each chapter is, I think, just like how the author has described in ‘Author’s Note (MUST READ)’, which I think is also the author’s PLOY! TO! GET! ME! HOOKED! Sneaky~ *me like!* º◡º

Summary:

Spoiler
 

There is no cure to obsession.

The obsessed will want to possess every part of the skin, flesh, and soul of the object of his obsession.

Some think of it as love. Some think of it as madness.

Whatever it is, there is no end to such obsession.

Three strangers are fated to be twisted in a web full of deceptions. Pursuing his search for his twin brother whom had been missing for three years, Kirill Miyamoto travel to the small town of Krasniy to find himself entangled with a group of elite students led by the highly suspicious Stepanov Chenkov. Meanwhile, William Hendrik ventured to a lonely resort up on a secluded hill to find solace and escape from his miserable life in hope to write his next best-seller but only to find himself thrusts into a world of madness by the seductive yet alluring boy next door, Marcus Drago. On the other side of the world, in the deserted unknown back alleys of a city, Leon Lehmann found himself accidentally sucked into a mafia organization under the influence of the mafia heir, Wolfgang Kaiser. One thing leads to another and in the end, all three of them are trapped within an irreversible twist of fate.

[collapse]

 

Return to Contents


7. General BL News

 

heartstopper.png

The webcomic Heartstopper is now a Netflix series! - hat tip to bafflinghaze.

 

🍃🍂

 

FujoCon is a free online BL con happening June 24-26, 2022. Don't forget to sign up for free here page! - hat tip to bafflinghaze.

 

 

Return to Contents


8. Fun corner

reading novels be like:
80% - searching for 'good' novels
15% - dumping 'decent' novels into library
5% - actual reading

- hat tip to bubblebunnytea

 

📚📚📚

 

Meanwhile...

UM3, knocking head against wall: damn, when in heat just from reading about two male characters playing basketball... what am I gonna do when I have a real beau!!!!

- poor UM3!

 

📚📚📚

 

 

If typing out the ideas in my head equated to a relationship then I would be one of the scummiest person alive.

- bubblebunnytea

 

💔💔💔

 

Meanwhile...

um3 (reader): WHYDOYOUNOTUPLOADFASTER,RAWR!
um3 (writer): uh-ah-eh... <looks at her own progress... > ̥ ̮ ̥

- hat tip to UM3

 

✍️✍️✍️

 

Mermay is here!

MerMay is a month-long celebration of creativity, community and above all… MERMAIDS. It's all about drawing a mermaid every day following the prompts. For more information, check out https://www.mermay.com/ - hat tip to tiaf.

 

🧜‍♀️🧜‍♀️🧜‍♀️

 

 

Return to Contents


9. Housekeeping for BL Palace

Twitter

Please directly DM the account or message bafflinghaze in order to get something posted or retweeted on the BL Palace twitter account. This includes:

  • promotions of any original BL novel, either yours or a recommendation
  • fan or official artwork of any original BL novel, either yours or a recommendation
  • Any tweets about more general BL news that you think should also be retweeted

Discord Server

Any readers and writers of BL are welcome to come join our BL Palace discord server! We have weekly writing sprints and writing help, and much more besides!

Email Subscription

You can sign up to receive emails to notify of any new newsletters, interviews, etc. here on the Boys Love Newsletter!

BLBL's June Newsletter

Help us out for the June Newsletter by filling out this form.

 

Return to Contents


10. Acknowledgements

This Newsletter was brought to you by the following people: bafflinghaze, tiaf, OkuraTsukiko, Killokii and RedEmber.

Please give another round of applause to the lovely artists who made this month's BLBL Newsletter chibi banner: Killokii and tiaf!

And finally, thank you to all those who submitted news, links, and novel recommendations for the newsletter!

 

Return to Contents


And with that, we are done! Hope to see you on the next chapter of the newsletter!

And as always

SPRING_DIVIDE_--_BL-ing.png 

 

17