Soul of The Thunder God!
2.3k 4 46
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Chapter 58

Title: Soul of The Thunder God!

[Wuxia Cringe Disclaimer]

….

[Sky–Birka]

With Amon revealing himself and Yona overreacting, the Shandians and Militias were watching the scene from the sidelines. Among them, Wyper was standing with his spear around his shoulders and his hands resting on it.

He was bedridden for a week after battling Amon, though he still plans to challenge him after returning from Birka. Currently, he was just looking at the scene with bored eyes.

"Yawn…" Wyper wiped his eyes. 'What do the Birkans want anyways? They visited us more than a year ago, and now requested to meet us again.' Wyper thought.'We'll, who cares. He probably has everything planned already. That's why Duy and others were here spying.'

Wyper chuckled as he noticed Enel and the other high-priests coming here from far. 'Damn, would there be a fight? A war maybe? Our strongest force is here, and even then, I AM HERE' Wyper thought as he again felt grateful for his new powers. 'I will fucking burn this place down.'

Snickering to himself, Wyper moved his attention to the drama ahead.

…..

"P-Please forgive me for how we treated you the past 7 days!" 

Amon was looking in front of him, the red-haired priestess was bowing with her hands clasped. This type of behavior confused and shocked the Birkan's to the core, after all, the Arch Priestess is only supposed to bow to God himself! Yes, this boy is a God as well, however, they were aware he was just a mayor!

Likewise, Enel stopped in his tracks and looked at this scene with wide-open eyes, and his eyes were red with anger. 'No, no!... You bitch, you are only supposed to bow to me after I become God!'

He wanted to dash forward and chop her head, but before he could do so, he felt the gaze of a predator. 

He flinched as he sensed the glance of Amon. Seeing his cold gaze, he instinctively took a step back, though Amon soon smiled as he released a breath. "Fuuh… What the fuck is wrong with him."

"Hm?" The high-priestess behind Enel frowned. "High-Priest Enel did you just curse?"

….

Ignoring Enel Amon looked ahead at Yona and raised her head by holding her shoulders. 

"Arch Priestess, calm down. You are supposed to serve your own God only." He said while his wings soared upwards. "I'm just a normal man, a man looking to achieve eternal peace." 

Surprised after hearing Amon, Yona looked up at his face though his wings picked most of her interest.

Ignoring her surprise, she then looked around and noticed the large crowd surrounding this place. While the high-priests were looking at her with a glare and eyes filled with questions, the normal people were looking at Amon like a divine being, they respected the Arch Priestess just after God, after all. So seeing her bow before him, they were sure he was someone special.

Yona averted her gaze and looked at Amon with an apologetic face. "Please, come with me inside the temple. We need to talk… it's important."

"WHAT?!" As she said this, Enel jumped forward. "ARCH PRIESTESS THIS IS TOO MUCH! ARE YOU OUT OF YOUR MIND?! THE TEMPLE IS A HOLY PLACE, NO MORTAL SHALL–"

"Silence, High-Priest Enel! It's my decision."

Yona said lightly and pulled Amon forward, she tried her best to maintain her calm demeanor for now.

«...★...»

Hundreds of years ago, the Birkans served the 'Moon God' who never responded to their prayers. At that time, one day, after losing everything he had, a man named Raijin left Birka to wander around the world as a hermit.

At the sea for a thousand years, and at the mountains for a thousand years, breathing the wind and drinking pure water, he passed the training of a Sage. Enduring it all, he gained the Life Return.

He still had nothing, so he kept wandering around. By living like this for hundreds of years, he was one day able to transcend and became a Thunder God of Storm!

He returned to the Sky in his last old days, as the 'Moon God' worshipping was dropped and the 'Thunder God' worshipping started.

….

Yona was telling Amon the legend of Raijin, the God of Thunder of Birka. Though Amon , using his spies for 2 years, knew the part of him going down in the blue sea and gaining enlightenment, thus transcending as a God, he didn't know about him being the creator of Seimei Kikan.

Looking at Yona, Amon was thinking hard. 'Hmm, maybe I'm wrong. I mean legends are untrustable, he, after all, gained the thunder power after eating the Goro-Goro no Mi. So this may as well be a legend in the end.' Amon thought and decided to add some words.

"Oh, by the way, are you aware there is an island named Raijin in the Blue Sea?" Amon asked as Yona's eyes grew up. "It rains thunder there, though for some reason, I do feel attached to that place."

Yona jumped up and looked at Amon's eyes. "Really?! That must be a place God visited during his past years!... but most importantly, do you really feel attached to that place?"

"Well, yes. But I never entered it, it's dangerous, it's thunder." Amon scratched his head as Yona sat down again after realizing her behavior.

Amon again opened his mouth. "Red Dragon Princess–oh is it okay to call you that still?" Amon corrected himself as Yona blinked with an expressionless face, she tried her best to control her excitement.

"Yes… We priests don't care about such trivial matters." She said.

Amon nodded and again opened his mouth. "Anyway, my question is why are you telling me these? I'm sure you don't want these confidential legends to get out of here."

"Do not worry, we would love if God's legend flows throughout the world." She said. "But there really is a reason for me to directly tell this to you, especially inside this special chamber of the Temple."

She said as Amon looked around. It was a room inside the God's Temple, a temple made of white Marble. This room is soundproof, and even though people can still pry with Mantra, they wouldn't dare to with Arch Priestess inside. Or at least not always.

"I see." Amon averted his gaze. "Then, please, do tell me." 

'I already know 100% of the legends here. Though I'm missing actual information which you might know, I have made the story that will complete with the legend… hope that the information doesn't mess up my plans.' Amon said while smirking in his head. He was aware of her next words very precisely. He, in fact, has been playing with Birka even when he was down on the blue sea. 

Yona could sense Amon's emotions, the fabricated emotions only. She then pointed at his wings. "It's them, I recall the Thunder God, after attaining Life Return, having moveable wings." 

Amon made a confused face in the front hearing her while having a shocking state inside. 'Damn, what a guy. Maybe he really is the creator of Seimei Kikan…'

"From what I recall…" Yona cut his thoughts. "You met an old man in the underground of Upper-yard?"

"..." A few seconds of silence passed, as a large frown appeared on Amon's face as he heard this. "And… who revealed that information to you?"

She stayed silent and sighed. "It was guest Duy… But please calm down, it wasn't his fault. It was–"

*Slam!*

Slamming the table, Amon got up from his seat. "We will continue our talk on a later day, now I have some work."

Saying this, Amon started to walk towards the door.

"Please, stop."

Before Amon could leave through the door, Yona stepped forward with her sword unsheathed and scratching her throat. "Please… I swear to God it was my fault for asking him that, and I also swear that nobody other than me knows of this. If you want to keep this secret, you can… kill me after hearing me out, but please hear me out before leaving." 

Amon looked at her coldly before sighing. He rubbed his temple and gritted his teeth. "Alright, but first let me take care of that injury."

'What a race. Such loyalty ahhh, I want them to bow to me. Give their life for me, start an orgy in the temple at my single order. This is why I didn't just straight out destroy them.' Among laughed internally. 'If I did, how would I find such nice robots?! Robots under my full control!'

Before she could react, Amon crouched down, since he was tall for Yona, and took out a swirly looking dial. It was a spray, which he sprayed in her throat injury and it healed instantly. That type of small injury was nothing for Amon's medical knowledge.

While Yona had a surprised face, Amon was thinking about important things. 'This is the reason why I'm not just destroying Birka and taking the fruit… Having loyal people like her would be a blessing. Nobody should underestimate the power of religious people.' Amok thought while smiling in his mind. He obviously was the one to order Duy to reveal the 'truth' of his wings, though even Duy didn't know the truth.

After healing her wound and using a bandage around her neck, Amon returned to his seat, while Yona also sat down with a small blush. 

"Y-Yes… so like I was saying, you don't have to be harsh on him. Guest Duy is a nice man." She said while averting her gaze as Amon smiled.

"Alright… since you asked, I won't. But please continue." He said.

Taking a deep breath, Yona regained her composure. "Well, if you don't mind, would you tell me more about the old man?" As she said this Amon made a thinking posture. He didn't know much about the Thunder God's appearance in his old days, so he has to make something up.

"Hmm," After thinking for a while, Amon opened his mouth. "Hmm, I'm not sure actually. He was made of pure light, pure blue light. Though I can tell he had a long beard and Large wings, similar to mine actually." Amon said as Yona smiled brightly.

"Yes, yes." She nodded. "He indeed had a long beard in his last days…"

While Amon smiled at lady luck, Yona continued.

"Actually, unlike the average Birkans, the Arch Priests always possess vaster knowledge on the legends and the Thunder God himself." She said. "The Seed of Thunder God's tree, the current God that we worship in actuality is a type of fruit that is common in the Blue Seas." 

'Huh?' Amon was genuinely surprised hearing her. 'So the Arch-priests are aware of their God being a devil fruit? Yet they still worship it? I didn't know that.'

Just after the Birkan priests' visit in the upper-yard, Duy along with a few other people was ordered to come and spend their time in Birka now and then, which then extended to Duy living a vacation in Birka for a year now. 

This year, Duy with his Observation Haki was able to spy on many things, and passed them to Amon, however, they were just the basics, and a little more than basics. He didn't know things that people of the Temple knew, let alone possessing the knowledge of the Arch-priestess.

While Amon was contemplating this, Yona continued. "However, Thunder God was able to place a part of his divine soul in that fruit, making it more powerful than ever! After doing so, He finally left the world for the immortal land!"

While she said this Amon's face almost turned deadpan. 'So… just bullshit?'

….

After that, Amon explained how the old man trained him, yet he wasn't able to learn anything. After one day, when he took a 30 days vacation from work and solely trained under the old man, he was able to advance a little. Amon showed some evidence by moving his hair and other body parts, while Yona looked at it surprised.

Amon tried to 'correct' her that the old man was a Shandorian Warrior stated by himself, while Yona corrected that the Thunder God was just being humble. Saying things like how he left his soul in the upper-yard for a test.

After a long 6 hours of talking about this and that, Amon was reaching the end of the story of the old man.

….

"At the end of my 30 days training, I advanced a lot. Yet, I couldn't move my wings. One day when I woke up I couldn't find the old man. Surprisingly, I even had large wings like this. I remember how very envious I was of his wings, and after remembering such it didn't take me a second to understand that he did something like merging his soul with my wings." Amon said with a sad voice. "In the end… it was me who killed him, and now I'm showing off these wings."

Yona leaned forward and clasped her hands with his. "Please don't be sad, after all, that was a part of Thunder God's Legacy, he in fact, already achieved divinity and left for the Immortal land. You can take it as a gift from him."

"Really?" Amon was surprised. 'Bitch what? Immortal land? Pfft!' He hardly controlled his laugh. 

"Are you… telling the truth?"

"Yes, I won't lie with something like this. Though you are not wrong, you do have a part of his soul. I'd say… you were in reality, chosen as someone eligible to receive the 'Seed of the Thunder God's Tree'."

"Huh?" Amon frowned lightly. "Isn't he your God?"

"Yes, but no. We Arch Priests worship the fruit since it has the soul of Thunder God, while normal citizens and priests, even the high-priests worship it only because they have been doing so for years…" She said. "According to the hypothesis of Arch Priests from the many previous generations, someone with wings such as yours was only supposed to appear when thunder god's soul merges with him…" Saying this she sighed. "In truth, my master, the previous Arch Priest died of a heart attack after learning that a man with moveable wings arrived among the Shandians. He felt betrayed that a Shandian was chosen with his soul, not a Birkan." 

'Hypothesis?' Trying his best to not cringe, Amon asked her, "What about you? Don't you feel betrayed?"

"I… do a little. But not much, after all, my life was to worship the soul of God, it doesn't have to be a Birkan. I see it as my master's fault by viewing things like that."

'Damn, such an insightful girl.' Amon smiled at her. 'I wonder what services God can receive… hmm, that's for later.'

"I would like you to take the fruit in your hand, I'm sure two parts of the soul will react and you'll learn a way to use the fruit."

'Fuck yes,' Amon jumped in his mind. This way, he'd be a true God with actual worshippers. Suicide bombers!

"But first…" Yona got up from her seat as Amon raised his eyebrow. "Since you have the soul of the thunder God in you, you must showcase some thunder abilities.

'....Huh?'

Amon's current wings didn't have any metal scraps attached to it, and even if it was, it was sure to have been fetched.

"Come stand up, I can't wait to see the Soul of Thunder God shining in Thunder!"

Yona exhaustively walked towards Amon, while Amon just sat there.

"Hello?"

***

***

***

A/N: ?!?! WHAT WILL HAPPEN?! Will Amon have to go through the hard way and destroy Birka? Or is everything–BYE! (WUXIA CRINGE OVER 9000... They were fake btw.)

–––

This chapter was proofread by Discord members and edited by @Retuculum and @AyyZelos.

––––

[Read chapters early in Patreón—

Link: patreon.com/Master4thWall 

Discord: discord.gg/sek3gZV2jg]

46