Do or die?
1.9k 3 42
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

[Read chapters early in Patreón—

Check out my P.A.T.R.E.ON

Link: patreon.com/Master4thWall 

[11 Chapters Advanced]

Discord: discord.gg/sek3gZV2jg]

–––

Chapter 64

Title: Do or Die?

….

After fixing all the ruins, the Shandians started to live in the Golden City, with the slaves living in the outskirts. A few of the female pirate slaves were made into personal slaves, albeit they did it willingly. Yes, it was the legendary "Stockholm syndrome".

While the Shandians lived in the general buildings of the Golden City, Amon had the main architecture as his residence. Besides the Shandora Hall under it, this building also held the root of Giant Jack above it.

Since Hall's gate is only accessible from this building, it was labeled as a forbidden zone even for the Shandians. Though they took it as a precaution for God's Shrine at the top.

…..

Zzzzt!

Traveling through an electrical current in the air, being in his elemental form, Amon tried to teleport inside the Shandora Hall, however, he seemingly couldn't pass through the wall. Something was blocking his way, which he could only guess as a material beneath the wall on the other side. The material should be something completely, or at least, something very  nonconductive.

Amon didn't mind this, rather he prepared himself more cautiously. Today was a 'Do or Die'. He was electricity now, the frenemy of technology, he won't play passive anymore.

Without any other choice, Amon started pressing the hidden buttons around the wall, and soon, after completing the identification, Amon entered the elevator.

Ffff!

The elevator slowly opened, as it got filled with white fog. It took a few minutes for the fog to clear, as Amon came out of it. He didn't breathe the fog at all, since he doesn't need to breathe anymore. His Logia body made of electricity doesn't need any oxygen to survive . 

At first among thought, in that cover manga, Enel was only able to walk freely on the moon because there was oxygen on the moon. This is true since the Winged People lived there once, and upon asking the AI, she also confirmed it. However, the truth was more than that, as after consuming Goro Goro no mi, Amon realized his need for oxygen was substituted with electricity, which he produces himself just by moving, even by breathing. (Proving why Enel was seen gasping for air sometimes). This privilege would only not work when his body is soaking underwater, or when he's touching a sea stone.

This isn't the case for everyone though, as Wyper can't do the same... Then ignoring the thoughts, Amon slowly walked forward, as the AI's camera all around locked at his movements. 

*Zzzt!*

He smiled and used [Flash] to teleport at the chair, bypassing all the cameras.

"Wassup', been a while, babe." Amon winked at a camera while sitting on the chair, the buttons of his shirt open...

[.....]

The AI stayed silent for a while, before making a beep sound.

[It's impressive how you got the Rumble Rumble fruit. This answers the question of why you gave that boy Wyper the Flame Flame fruit. You already knew about Rumble Rumble fruit's existence?]

"Nah, I didn't know about it. Just had a hunch that a devil fruit with thunder powers might be there since they worship a Thunder God and stuff." Amon spun on the chair with a childish smile on his face. 

"I wouldn't have eaten it though. I was simply cornered and had to do so. In truth, I was expecting a fruit from you!" Amon stopped the chair as his eyes became sharp. His grin shined under the light as his lips moved slowly. "You have a mythical zoan inside your stash, don't you?"

['!!']

Amon's grin widened sensing the AI's internal surprise. He just said the line in a hunch, but her reaction made it clear. If one spent enough time thinking about it , it would make more sense. One would even be able to guess the fruit's name, and that's not something clìche like Hito-Hito no mi: Model Angel.

Amon continued his thoughts with a relieved smile. 'It seems it's easier to sense her emotions after getting lightning/electrical powers. After all, her thoughts are all but made of electricity.'

Soon enough, he may even be able to read her every thought as well. 

Ignoring his exhilaration for a while, Amon laughed jokingly. "Anyway, ignore the joke and help me find out my devil fruit's limit."

Seraph again stayed silent for a while, as Amon could feel something like a 'glare' from her cameras. Though her time was as meek as a wounded bird. [...Yes?]

Hearing her confused tone, Amon raised an eyebrow. "What? I'm new at this. I need to know how much power I can use. And who's to help me in such a thing other than you, baby." Amon smiled with a slight hum. "To be specific, I wanna know how much heat I can produce. First, tell me what is the heat of a normal lighting strike in–?" 

Amon almost slipped and added 'in this world', but he was able to stop after sensing it. 

He asked this question presuming that the AI's vast knowledge may have the clues how much difference the physics of the worlds' had.

The AI took his slip as a mistake and beeped. 

[Let me search for it… Sorry for the inconvenience. Beep!]

The monitor went calculating mode, and exactly 4 seconds passed. 

[A general lighting strike of 300 million volts can generate around 3000° Celsius of heat]

Amon frowned and raised an eyebrow the next second. "What… say that again."

[Three hundred million volts can generate around Three thousand° Celsius of heat]

Amon almost slammed the keyboard while cursing on his mind. 'Fuck you, Oda!'

The guy fucked the logic bad, and nerfed the Lighting's heat 10x lesser. In Amon's previous world, a lighting strike of 300 million could generate around 30000° Celsius of heat. While in this world, the same voltage can generate only around 3000° Celsius of heat!

"Fuuu…" He released a breath. Even if it was 10 times lower, it was still hotter than Magma and Fire… at least the ones in his previous life. In this world, Magma is a lot hotter than Fire, so it's probably not true. 

Shaking his head lightly, while AI looked at him confused, Amon thought of the important thing. 'Yet, this doesn't explain why Luffy survived. Yes, people in my world could sometimes survive lighting strikes…. but it still doesn't make sense for Luffy to survive a literal Kamehameha made of lighting, is it the fucking plot armor again?!'

Amon got a little frustrated while AI beeped.

[Master, is there anything?]

Amon looked at her for a while before blinking twice. "Oh, Sera, do you have any ways to check how much heat I can produce?"

After a second, Sera beeped.

[There is a way. Though I can't measure more than 1500° Celsius.] She said as Amon nodded. That's enough for now.

….

Soon after, a massive metallic object in the shape of a poneglyph came out of the ground. It was made of gold mixed with steel and other metal. 

"Are you sure this won't melt before 1500°?"

[No, you misunderstand. They would melt, however, that's not the point] Amon made a 'Say what' face, but Sera continued. [The point is the mechanism deep inside the object. It will calculate the heat until 1500° which will even melt the mechanism inside.]

Amon made an 'O' face and nodded soon after. If a normal 300 million can generate around 3000°, then 100 million should generate around 1000° Celsius of heat. Amon doesn't need to surpass that.

He didn't wait anymore and walked forward, soon touching the metal. '10 million volts.'

Zzzt!

[93° Celsius]

'50 million volts!'

Zzzt!

[474° Celsius]

'Hmm? A little higher than I thought…'

'80 million volts!'

Zzzt!

[800° Celsius]

'100 million volts!'

[1100° Celsius]

Zzzt!

"Oh?!" Amon exclaimed in surprise. When saying 'around 1000°', he expected the heat to be less than 1000°, yet he was wrong. Amon stopped channeling electricity as the melted surface started to become solid.

Amon was instantly happy, and reached a conclusion. 'It isn't that I can't generate enough heat, rather it's just Luffy.' Amon thought with an angry grin. 'According to my theory, he isn't only immune to lighting, but also immune to the heat generated by said lighting. But only THAT heat, not all obviously. Enel gave him skin burn from the heated Gold…'

This was the only conclusion he could reach, he might be wrong, but this will keep his mind at a sense of peace. 'Fuck Oda.'

He was Electricity, he was Lighting. He was Heat to some extent, and maybe… he was God as well.

«...★...»

Amon didn't do much testing here and decided to stop, sitting on the chair again. He now needs to decide for the AI… will she play the hard way? Or the easy way?

"Hey…" Amon's face turned cold as he looked at the camera with an emotionless grin. "Are you scared of this?"

Amon raised his finger as a large [Lighting Sun] got created atop of it. It looked like the scene of Escanor with a sun in his finger, albeit the sun was made of white lighting. "105 million should be enough to blow your circuits, right?"

The AI stayed completely silent as Amon felt thousands of weapons get pointed towards him from underground, above the floor, and the inside of walls. "Heh,"

[Master, is there anything more you need here? If not, why don't you leave for today?] She said coldly. [I think you are having mental problems.]

"Oh, yes yes. I really am having mental problems. I'm freaking crazy, crazy that you are not letting me access everything, bitch." Amon got up from his seat and tilted his head sadistically. "Spill the beans right now, do as I say, or I will blow you off your existence," Amon said with a sweet smile on his face. "You should pay attention to my words, after all, you don't want to vanish before completing your mission, correct?"

*Gggg*

All the walls and roofs were opened. 

[Yes, that's true. But… I'm sure you understand that I have sea prism stone bullets in me.] The AI started as many weapons came out. [I also have a rubber bullet, I wonder if you'll be able to hold on.]

Zzzt

"And why do you think I will let you hit me?" Amon turned into a pure lightning bolt and started to move around the room at 1/10 of Lighting speed, thus becoming invisible to the 'eyes' of AI.

[Please… stop with your jokes.] The AI said. [If you go that far, I can self-destruct with you and the Shandians.]

Amon just laughed hearing her. It sounded strange with the ripples in the sound barrier.

"Shut up!"

She chose the hard way.

"100 million volts: Sun of Thunder!"

She will see the result.

[[Electric Discharge]]

But she's not weak though. She's a weapon of mass destruction, after all.

«...★...»

While things got heated in the Sky, Whiskey Peak was having its cold night, like always. 

In the office of the mayor, Robin has been talking with Crocodile for a while now. Currently, she had a frown plastered on her face. 

"So… the marine wants Lucifer to become a Warlord?" Robin asked as Crocodile replied with, "Hmm."

Currently, there are 6 Warlords of the sea!

{A/N: Robin said in the last chapter, 'What is one of the 7 warlords doing here. Take it as the translation of 'Shichibukai' as it means SEVEN Warlords.'}

'But why? Why would they? He's not that strong…' Robin was very confused with this decision. 'But… if I think about it, being under a warlord will grant me protec–no! How could I think of using him too?!' Robin bit her lips lightly at the thought. 'Let's… Wait until Luci returns…'

Looking at Crocodile, who's been waiting for a while for her to say something, Robin opened her mouth. "Why?... He is not a pirate. He's not that strong either..."

Thinking 'Perhaps he knows', Robin asked Crocodile for a response though he just wiped his hook hearing her. 

"Don't ask me, I'm not sure of the details… I was only ordered to deliver this since I was close. I think soon a Marine officer would come." Crocodile continued with his gruff voice and leaned forward. "Though, you are sure I wouldn't have volunteered to accept this job without any personal reason. I do have some special reason, and a special talk with him, so I would like to demand his time of arrival."

A drop of sweat dripped from Robin's head hearing him. 'He is dangerous, he is a Logia user as well. What does he want here?...' Soon after, she shook her head internally and opened her mouth. "He should arrive today… though I don't see any sign of such a thing happening." Robin continued. "You can leave, I will let you know about his arrival later."

"No need, I have free time today." Crocodile said while he lit another Cigar. "It's important, I hope you can call him right now. My time isn't worthless."

Robin stayed silent hearing him. She was angry at Amon for not calling for 2 days, so she didn't want to call him first. Yet, after rethinking for a second, she picked up a Dial and typed his number. 

Though even after ringing for minutes, the call wasn't picked up. She tried again, the call wasn't picked either. She then called for the third time and… the call wasn't picked. 'W-What happened?!'

**

**

A/N: Crocodile is still under his 'Hero' facade, so he is acting nicer than he would have otherwise.

–––

This chapter was proofread by Discord members and edited by @Retuculum and @AyyZelos.

42