Utilizing the Knowledge!
2.1k 3 35
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Chapter 69

Title: Utilizing the knowledge!

….

It's been a month since Amon has become a Warlord. He was doing his job as a Warlord smoothly while doing a collaboration with Crocodile's organization under the table.

Currently in the north of the upperyard's forest, along with the giant snake Nola, many Skypiean, Birkans  and Shandians were gathered to watch the special training session handled by God himself!

It was morning and the forest was still slightly foggy as droplets of fog were dripping from the wet leaves. The chirping of the south birds was pleasant yet annoying to hear, most importantly the chilly atmosphere was hugging them with a strange warmth.

In reality, it was Amon who heated up the atmosphere around him so that people could watch this comfortably and attentively. Today he was going to do something special after all. 

While many monkeys were also watching this scene from the trees. Even the strange goat-looking Birkans were also present here. They seem to have a problem with each other, though none of them dared move.

In the large ring, Amon was standing with Wyper, Reo and Urouge in front of him. He was going to do some demonstrations today. Demonstration of martial arts. The ones he knows from different fictional works in his previous life. He has tried many of them practically in this life, like the [Triple Kick] from the time with his fight with Viper. 

Among these vast techniques some worked, some failed and Amon was satisfied with what he learned by himself from his useless fictional knowledge. His teenage days didn't seem so useless at this point.

"Hm,"

Amon glanced at the 3 men in front of him. Wyper flinched from his gaze, the feeling of pain from the last time returned to him again. Though he daringly took a step ahead, he didn't plan to back off anymore. 

Amon then moved his gaze. Reo gripped the weapons in his hand, looking forwards with a serious face. After some tests, Amon figured that daggers were the most suitable weapon for Reo since he was proficient at fast and reflexive movements. Although Reo was a little hesitant to change weapons so suddenly, he complied with his order nonetheless. Though he was surely seeing the bright results now, making his respect for Amon increase again. 

Amon then looked at the MVP of today's show. He smiled looking at the man at the utmost right. The 388 cm(12'9 ft) tall man, the future captain of the Fallen Monk Pirates, the Mad Monk, Urouge!

He was a high-priest as of currently. He was strong too and in fact, he's physically the strongest Birkan. In an all-out battle, only the Arch Priestess would be able to beat him using her extraordinary Mantra. 

Though she wasn't the spotlight of today, today was the day of the Mad Monk himself only. 

In canon, he was able to flee from Enel who suddenly gained Thunder powers, Urouge deemed him as a demon. However this time, after witnessing Amon's divine judgment on Enel, he had no doubt, Amon was the God he'd been worshipping all his life.

Even though Amon said he is just the disciple of said God, Urouge believed he IS the God!

…..

–Urouge Pov–

There can only be one God, that's what God means in the first place. It doesn't make sense if there are more than one, I believe all the God who appeared in this world until now, were all part of one single being. They were the avatar of the true God!

Likewise, the man in front of me is the same. How foolish that Enel was to dare take a bite from the fruit of God which had the holy soul in it. Now that he's gone, he should beg mercy in the afterlife, I'm sure the benevolent one would forgive even a preach like him! 

Yes, he's that kind. He let us live even though we acted against his divine existent! He's just as God should be, benevolent yet strict! I'm so happy to be able to serve under him! 

One thing is clear like I always did, I will place my life in the line to protect God at all costs! Amithaba!

"Hey, Urouge"

Suddenly, I hear the call of my Lord and savior, Kami! He even knows of my worthless name, how blessed I feel!

"Urouge are you listening?"

"O-oh?! Yes, yes. I'm always there for you, my Lord!"

He smiled at my answer. How graceful. I should be attentive to his words for now…

«...★...»

"Alright, listen…."

Soon after, Amon explained things to the three, while the crowd also listened attentively. Reo and Wyper are supposed to just look from the sidelines for now, while Amon will use Urouge to demonstrate his style.

Urouge was very happy to help, and currently, he was standing in front of Amon while Reo and Wyper went to two corners of the ring.

"Alright, Uroge. I heard you found and are a devil fruit a week ago?"

Amon asked as Urouge opened his grinning face. "Lord, it's something called 'Karma-Karma fruit'. It follows the rule of 'What goes around comes around'. I can absorb the shockwave of an attack and use it according to my will, even against the force where the power first generated form."

Amon nodded hearing him. From what he knew, this fruit came bursting in the sky by a knock-out stream and Urouge was lucky enough to get the fruit.

It can just be a coincidence for Urouge to get the same fruit he ate in the canon timeline, however, that might also necessarily not be the case. Amon was still coming up with conspiracy theories even right now. Was this the doing of 'Will of the World'? Or it really was a normal, generic, natural coincidence?

Besides that, just from the name, Amon could tell this would be an overpowered ability after awakening. Normally, when finding such a thing, Amon would kill the eater and take the fruit to give it to a loyal subordinate. However, this time around, there was no need for doing so, after all, Urouge was loyal enough as he was. 

'I've already gone through this before… let's clear my mind.' Amon shook his head and soon after stretched his body.

….

Amon stood in front of Urouge, while Urouge kept his eyes closed to not look down at his Lord.

"So, Urouge. You have to try your best to hit me alright? I will repel the attack in my way. Your goal would be to fly me out of the ring, understood?"

Urouge nodded. He didn't mind hitting Amon, after all, it was an order from himself. Besides, he was invincible so not that his worthless attacks would hurt him at all.

Sensing Amon giving the sign, Urouge flowed his strength through his right arm and swung it forward. 

Fwooh!

It was fast, as it made a wind penetrating sound, yet Amon didn't move from his ways, rather he moved his head forward and… took the attack head-on!

Bam!

Urouge's hand almost broke from the hit. He expected Amon to dodge the attack, but even if he did hit him, he expected his attack to pass through his body. But that wasn't the case. At the last moment, Urouge used his devil fruit to absorb the shock.

"Well, that was weak Urouge."

Amon smiled as sweat formed on Urouge's head. 

Using Haki, it was possible to make yourself get touched by others even if you have a logia body. Haki was the cheat of the One Piece world. Using which, just like how a person can touch a Logia user using Haki, a Logia user can use it the reverse way as well. Though that doesn't necessarily mean every time he uses Armament his intangible effect would vanish, it depends on his desire.

Bam!

Urouge again swung his arm forward but Amon again shoved his head forward to take the attack before it should have landed.

When a person swings their arm for a punch, it only reaches maximum power when it hits the target. However, if the target moves ahead and takes the attack head-on when he wasn't supposed to, he doesn't feel pain and won't take as much damage. This was the 'No Damage' technique from the Manwha 'How to fight' that Amon read in his previous life.

 

Surprisingly, its teaching worked fine and although it was said that this would only work against untrained opponents, one can bypass that restriction with enough speed. And speed, speed was Amon's best point after all.

Bam!

Bam!

Even though he was absorbing the damage, Urouge was feeling pain still. Giving the last blow, Urouge stopped to catch a breath.

"Hahh... Lord, a second…"

Nodding, Amon looked around and smiled. "So kids, size and body weight are very important in a fight. However, the world is a strange place."

"You will find the actual giant in this world. You can even defeat them with your small size, however, that's not today's lesson." Amon said. "Today is the day where I will demonstrate how you, as a small person can match someone of large stature."

Amon said and pointed at Urouge. "Look, he's 12 feet, I'm only around 6. It's sad, but some people are genetically like that, just like me, in my army, there are a lot of short people. So I can't just look away from them can I?"

Amon said as Bob wiped his tears from a corner of the crowd. 

Bullshit. Size doesn't mean shit in the long run. But for weak people like them, it's true to some extent. They need a starting point, and this will be that.

Amon ignored the thoughts and smiled. "For that, I'm teaching you techniques which will let you defend yourselves against people with a massive body," Amon said while raising his finger. "Look at me, like I said, I'm only 190 cm, but I'm able to defend against every attack of Urouge who is around 2 times bigger than me."

Everyone nodded, understanding why Amon was just taking in hits and not replying with an attack. He was taking attacks, he was feeling the pain to demonstrate the technique to them. 

Amon glanced at Urouge, who was still gasping for air, and ended his speech. "Alright, now we will show you the next stage."

"Urouge, you've absorbed all the shockwaves from your attacks right?" Urouge nodded. "I see, then let me give you another boost. Prepare."

While people looked attentively, Amon placed his left leg ahead of the right and swung his right fist backward. Channeling electricity, thus rendering his knuckles blue, Amon punched towards Urouge!

BAM!

It was a strong blow, which should have made a shockwave unless Urouge absorbed it just at the time of contact. He also caught his arm to not get flown away.

"I'm full…" Urouge said while his body started to grow large, his panting stopped and the priest outfit got torn as his 12'9" feet body enlarged into being 15'1" feet!

Along with Reo, a few people around took steps back. Though just like Wyper behind, Amon stood at his spot.

He smirked towards Urouge, which he returned with a grin.

"Alright, attack."

….

Bam!

Bam!

Urouge was still trying to knock Amon off the ring, but Amon was still doing his headbutts. His head was also hunting a little, bleeding even. But Amon could feel his Armament growing with each strike.

Bam!

Bam!

Shockwaves were being released from each clash, however, Urouge wasn't able to absorb them. His power is a Use–Cooldown type. Once he has stored enough, he uses his transformation. He can willingly cancel the form, or he will return normal naturally after a certain time passes. While in transformation, and after canceling it, Urouge can't use his power for the next 8 hours.

Bam!

Amon had a grin plastered on his face while blood was dripping from his head. Urouge also had the same grin, he was glad to fight his Lord like this.

Bam!

Giving the last strike, which caused a massive shockwave to release and the birds to fly away, Urouge again stopped for a breath. Amon was also breathing heavily, as finally, the effect Amon was waiting for took place.

"AHH!"

Urouge's hands started to hurt badly, his hands were holding off against the armament headbutt of Amon only because of adrenaline. Amon would have had a similar reaction unless he knew the life-saving technique [Seimei Kikan]!

While Urouge was acting such, Amon looked at the agape crowd. 

"Kids, there is something called 'Adrenaline' which causes us to feel less pain and give our weak body a boost while fighting." He said. "Many of you fighters are familiar with this. Just after a duel with a friend your energetic body will drop to the ground, right?"

"Uh-huh!!"

Some of the warriors and even kids exclaimed. 

"Right, that's what I'm talking about. There is a way to control this 'adrenaline'. But that's something for a later day."

Amon said and looked back at Urouge who was gasping and had his fists clenched. He seemed won't give up. Amon smiled seeing this. "Urouge, it's fine. You can rest from attacking, now you try to defend… Against me."

A grin formed on Amon's face, as he didn't give him any chance to understand, and jumped in the air. "50 thousand Volts: Thunder Punch!"

Bam!

The tables turned, and Amon started to attack Urouge now. 

Bam!

Amon's electricity greatly enhanced his power and speed of punch, something Enel never did, not that he couldn't. 

Bam! Amon kept going at it, and finally, after the 15th punch, he stopped and dropped to the ground again.

Waving his sore hands from the hits, Amon exclaimed. "Wow, Urouge, you are still standing," 

Ignoring the pain, Amon cracked his knuckles.

Urouge's head was bleeding, yet he had his iconic grin plastered in his face. "In the face of God, I would not fall unless God truly wants. Lord, use your strongest."

Amon laughed internally hearing him. He was such a loyal pawn, though unfortunately, he was loyal to God, not Amon himself. Amon ignored the thoughts and took a thinking posture.

"My strongest?... Hmm, alright." A sadistic grin appeared on Amon's face. Today's show was only for that after all. "I will try."

"Hehe…."

Amon had a form like Enel's Amaru form. It was something he planned to use to a grave fear and awe in the heart of everyone present. The technique wasn't just the fat-bellied Amaru though.

It was something scarier, and cool. 

Amon looked around and then looked up in the sky which was suddenly turning dark. The wind started to blow fast, and the forest became lively with the blowing wind. As if a storm was about to come. 

The world started to hum. A hum was being generated from the rumbling of clouds. 

"..."

Suddenly, Amon's body started to form a blue hue as electricity surrounded him. "Don't fall back now… Urouge."

Zzzzz–ZZZZZ!

[Thunder God Transformation]

«...★...»

In the 2 months of Amon getting Goro Goro no Mi. He almost every day visited Raijin island. There, he would soar above the clouds, while trying to absorb the purple lighting of that place.

However, he couldn't absorb much. Rather, it hurt badly when Amon touched those lighting. Yes, strangely those lightning strikes hurt Amon's body. Amon's body made of lightning was overwhelmed by a higher form of lightning.

He got some skin burns and all that, and even the pain he felt was enough to make him reconsider coming back to the Raijin island. Luckily, with the help of the medicine of the old woman living on Raijin Island, Amon's pain was subsidized mostly. 

The woman was strange, she was able to survive on the dangerous island. But since she helped Amon a lot, he didn't hammer the odd nail. She seemed pretty knowledgeable about the lightning as well, so Amon was more than happy. There he made a vibrant of a failed technique of Enel, his smart form. Amon now has a perfected version of the Amaru form.

In that form, people will mistake Amon as….

*****

*****

[Read Advanced chapters in Patreón—

Link: patreon.com/Master4thWall 

–––

This chapter was proofread by Discord members and edited by @Retuculum and @AyyZelos.

Discord: discord.gg/sek3gZV2jg]

35