Robin in denial… Again?
1.8k 2 32
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Chapter 78

Title: Robin in denial… Again?

….

–Robin Pov–

 

Sitting at the food table, I was deep in thought... 

 

Looking at Luci wearing the engagement ring and chatting with the girl named Vivi, I feel a little strange. Should I have these feelings? Is that a good thing to feel that way?

 

I'm not sure of this myself. But I can't hate him because of this, it would be hypocrisy. After all, it was me who suggested that… wait, why did I suggest that?

 

I… Forgot? That's strange, but I guess I drank too much after suggesting that so it's natural if I forgot some things. Silly me…

 

Sigh, I'm digressing day by day.

 

"Ahh…" Rubbing my temples, I picked up a glass of wine from the table… But before I could take a sip, I was forced to put it down because of the glare coming from him. 

 

Him worrying about me… I feel good.

 

«...★...»

 

–General Pov–

 

After the engagement, the Skypieans stayed at Alabasta for a few more days. Skypiea received the acknowledgement of being an independent country underworld government. It was thanks to Amon's words, which almost everyone assumed happened because Cobra asked him to do. In fact, it was Amon's plan all along.

 

Meanwhile, Amon and Vivi got to know each other more. Although soon Vivi realised they were to be married in the future, she wasn't acting rebellious like how Cobra had predicted. Rather, she was acting meek and shy around Amon. 

 

Raki tried to pick a fight sometimes, but she was also easily handled by Amon. 

 

Meanwhile, Robin was also able to get close to Raki, as well as Isa and Aisa. She was happy to meet his mother figure, she was happy the whole time the Skypieans stayed here.

 

[A few days later]

 

"Hey, gimme the ball!"

 

"No, it's mine!"

 

It was night time. Raki and Vivi were fighting over a basketball, while Amon was sitting in a chair chatting about official works with Robin sitting opposite to him.

 

"Anyway, you think it's a good idea to leave that blonde girl 'kickin'?" Robin asked about Miss Valentine, Mikita. She was quite worried about that little girl. "She was a little stubborn, though was scared of her life as well. Maybe we should have… finished her."

 

Robin said the last two words lightly as only Amon heard them. They were having a secret conversation that the kids shouldn't understand. 

 

Amon knocked on the table with his finger looking at her. "No, it's fine. I have done things with her… she won't betray us, her family is being held as chickens."

 

Only Robin understood what Amon meant as she nodded. "I understand." She nodded and stayed silent for a while. "Alright, should I present what happened these days?"

 

"No, it's fine. You worked too hard even though I asked you not to…" Amon sighed at her suggestion.

"Okay…" Robin again went silent. Day by day, she was walking more towards the socially awkward side. "Then what now…? How do we move? What are the current plans?"

 

Amon leaned forward to her face while placing his hands on her shoulders. "Plans?" Amon whispered. "Calm down, don't be so professional all the time. Get some rest, I also need it."

 

Amon crossed his arms around her shoulder. "I need to sleep. Will you help me sleep?... We will talk tomorrow. Sleep with me~, or I might have a nightmare again."

 

While Raki stopped playing with Vivi hearing Amon, Robin sighed.

…...

 

Currently, it was night time and it was cold. The desert was very quiet at night, and it felt very nice in a warm room. Amon was still having a hard time trying to sleep though...

 

 "Yawn…" He yawned lightly while looking at the ceiling…

 

'According to the spy on Fishman island, the queen left more than a week ago.' Amon has planted some spies around a few parts of this world. With his tone-dials mixed with the tower in Skypiea, as well as Whiskey Peak and many other Kingdoms of the world, Amon has a handy networking service. 

 

'I guess it's time.' He would leave for Fishman island soon. He plans to get closer to them and the easiest way for that to happen is for Amon to act clìche, to become a hero!

 

He has planned things out and decided to take Robin, Cricket and Raki there as well. He would take Robin for the Poneglyph, while Raki and Cricket to act in an emergency which might come anytime for the devil fruit users a thousand meters underwater.

 

'I already sent Cricket to Saobody, only me, Raki and Robin left… Yawn.'

 

Lost in thought, Amon slowly fell asleep. 

 

"Hey,"

 

...Or so he wished. 

 

Amon opened his eyes with a sigh and looked at his side. "What now? Robin, you shouldn't sleep with me just because I asked…"

 

Robin didn't answer and just looked into his eyes. "It's your fault. Who asked you to tell me about the Poneglyph in Skypiea. After hearing about it, I can't get sleep at all."

 

Robin heard about it before, but this time after hearing about the Golden Belfry attached to it from Isa, she was getting restless. 

 

"Yawn…" Amon rubbed his eyes in sleeplessness. "Rooobin, I'm sleepy. You too get some sleep, or I would assault you–Ouch!"

 

Robin hit him on the head. "Don't joke with that…"

 

While Amon rubbed his head, Robin sighed. "But I guess… You are right… still, it's a little hard to sleep. I've been trying for hours now." 

 

Staying silent for a minute or two, Amon then turned to her from the side with his eyes sleepy. "Fine, alright. I will take you to the sky right now."

 

While Robin blinked, Amon moved. Zzzz…

 

"Don't scream."

 

"Huh? Hey, wai–AAH!"

 

Amon flowed electricity through his body and moved fast with Robin in his arms. She was screaming, but Amon didn't stop and reached Skypiea in less than 10 minutes. 

 

Amon directly went to the Poneglyph while Robin was surprised to see the Golden Belfry. As Robin started to inspect it, Amon decided to pay a visit to Nola.

 

It was a restless night in the sky. Tonight, the weather was awful and small droplets of rain were falling. Within the darkest sky, a single woman was sitting on a separated island cloud around the Giant Jack's height.

 

"This is... Incredible."

 

The woman in night-clothes, Robin had wide eyes looking at the golden Belfry in front of her. 

 

It was massive, and the bell in the middle, which was cleaned by Wyper during the last two years was shining even in this dark, moonless night. Robin was a little scared, but she curiously covered her heart. 

 

While she tried to approach the bell, the main surprise of the trip crossed her eyes. It was a dark-blue stone boulder she was familiar with, which took the life of her people indirectly. It was a Poneglyph! 

 

Robin moved by themselves as she walked towards the stone with an agape expression! It was beautiful to her, it was one of the things that could keep her awake all night even if she was tired.

 

With a strangely enticed expression, she walked towards the Poneglyph. In this timeline, this was her 2nd Poneglyph.

 

 ….

 

"Wonderful…."

 

Robin muttered those words with a strange smile on her face.

 

"Who would have thought this Poneglyph held the info ancient on an Ancient weapon!" Robin said lightly. "This way… we can–YES!"

 

Robin was happy, happy like she never was! This would have been seen as strange to her anime counterpart.

 

'Yes! We got one! Our first Ancient Weapon! Luci will succeed, Luci won't die!' Her breathing was getting rough as she read the name of the weapon. 'Mermaid princess? You will be our first–wait… Wait… Wait… is this right? Is this okay for me to do this?'

 

Rumble!

 

As the rain started to fall, Robin lost herself. 'Am I doing it right?'

 

Was she doing it right? Doing the opposite of what she promised to herself that day? To protect history, was she really going to use that history for a selfish reason? 

 

Suddenly, she was thrown into a dilemma. A question was lingering in her mind. 'Should I… lie to him?'

 

Another thunder cracked in the sky.

 

'I mean, it doesn't matter if he d-dies, I will just die with him! Yes, that way we lose nothing! I should hide the contents, yes that way it would be better. I shouldn't break that promise. I shouldn't do what we inhabitants of Ohara were framed for doing… I shouldn't–'

 

"Hey, Robin are you okay?"

 

"Ah, fucking rain. Don't worry, I stopped it."

 

Suddenly, she was brought out of her dark little word with a sweet voice. She looked back as her world became… bright. Bright with the moonlight.

 

….

 

With his wet wings shining under the moonlight, Amon quickly walked to her and touched her forehead with his. His nose also touched her's, but she didn't react. 

 

"Wow, not only is your body shaking but your body is also burning… are you Wyper?" Testing her temperature, Amon tried to back away but Robin held him back. "Um…"

 

"Stay like this… for a while."

 

Staying silent for a while, Amon's face couldn't be seen even under the bright moonlight. Soon after, he just smiled and massaged her back.

 

"As you wish my queen."

 

«...★...»

 

Next day, the Skypieans were on a big ship, preparing to leave. Today is the day they would leave for the sky. They would use the Summit of the High West to travel to the Sky. Amon has enough knowledge about that place to know that it's safe at that place.

 

"Alright, guys, see you in a month from now."

 

Amon, who was disguised, was waving his hands to the drifting ship. Everyone from the Skypiea team except Raki and Amon was leaving. 

 

'In my army, they are the strongest bunch beside Birkans. She would be safe, I guess.'  Amon looked at the ship barely visible to normal eyes. Shaking his head, he then looked to his side.

 

King Cobra was there beside him with Vivi peeking from behind him. 

 

Raki looked away from Vivi while the disguised Robin giggled. The wind was blowing and the early sunlight was falling on this bunch. This was a peaceful sight. People were looking at this with a smile on their faces from around the place.

 

"Amon." Cobra placed his hands on Amon's shoulder. He has revealed his name, but Cobra is only supposed to call him this when he's under disguise. "Be safe, the Fishman Island hates humans as far as I'm aware."

 

Amon nodded lightly. "Don't worry. I know, I will be careful. After all…" Amon crouched down and raised his hands towards Vivi's face. "I have a new person in my life to take care of, I will return safely."

 

While Cobra laughed lightly, Vivi hid behind him again. Raki grumbled from behind, but Robin patted her head. Robin was also in disguise and was a little confused at how they will move by the sea without a ship.

 

'Wait…' Remembering last night's ride, she gulped internally. 'Oh no.'

 

Amon them looked away from Vivi and looked towards Raki. "Don't make that kind of face and prepare yourself." While Raki replied with a 'Huh?' Robin's body shook.

 

"H-Hey, can't we change our ways of travelling?" She asked with a shaky voice. "Like a boat? Or a ship? Let's take the Guild's Jet-ship!"

 

"Pfft! No, lol." Amon showed her his tongue as she frowned. 

 

"...Fine. Not that I'm scared." Shaking away her fear, Robin looked at Raki intensely. While Raki flinched, Robin tied her up using her extra hands. 

 

"Mmmff! Mnmmffff!"

 

While Vivi laughed seeing her in this position, Robin piled her up in her embrace. Meanwhile, Amon went forward and picked Robin up in a princess-carry. While Cobra looked at the scene dumbfounded, Amon slated his and vanished from his spot with a bolt of lighting.

 

"AAAAAA!"

 

The only thing they heard was one scream.

 

–Cricket Pov–

 

"So this is the ship you want Coating for ?"

 

The man with a greyed out hair and beard asked while taking a sip from his bottle of whiskey. 

 

He is a ship-coater named Rayleigh. I couldn't find any free ship-coater in the whole Saobody beside this old man.

 

He looks… quite unreliable, but I guess it can't be helped. Let's see… I should probably also buy another ship and leave it to be coated to another ship-coater–

 

The man interrupted me with a chuckle. "No need for that. Your ship will be ready in 2 days."

 

"Haahhh, alright old man. Don't mess up, my boss would scold me if you do."

 

Sighing with a shake of my head, I walked away. I guess I will enjoy some food.

 

"Haha, enjoy yourself. Be careful though."

 

I guess I should be…

 

….

[Same Time| Fishman Island]

 

On the other hand, the self-proclaimed leader of New Fishman pirates, Hordey Jones was an isolated building in the suburbs of Fishman island.

 

"Haaah… that Otohime is acting out of control, huh." He grinned with his shark-like teeth shining brightly. "Let's wait until your return, this time I will send you up. Up in the heavens! Hahaha!"

 

**

**

**

 

This chapter was proofread by Discord members and edited by @Retuculum and @AyyZelos.

 

Discord: discord.gg/sek3gZV2jg]

32