Unexpected Encounter…
1.5k 3 28
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

[Read 15+ chapters before release in P.A.T.R.E.O.N–

Link: patreon.com/Master4thWall 

Discord: discord.gg/sek3gZV2jg]

*

Chapter 81

Title: Unexpected Encounter…

….

–Robin Pov–

Currently, we are underwater, and the scenery in front of me is simply outstanding…

Is this why he didn't just take the submarine, even though we have one inside the ship? 

If that's it, I can understand why… this is thousands of times better than a submarine after all. How long has it been since I've seen an underwater scenery like this? It's... been my whole life… 

Ah, I suddenly feel nostalgic. I don't even recall at what age I ate the devil fruit. If… maybe if I hadn't eaten this, I wouldn't have been treated as a devil…? Maybe–No, what happened is for the better. Let's not think too much.

"Whoa, even I'm surprised, huh."

Beside me, Luci was as surprised as well. We are around 4,000 meters below sea level and the scenery is outstanding. Sea kings were swimming all around us, they mostly ignored us like we were some bugs.

Raki is also staring at everything outside with wide, shining, star-like eyes. 

Maybe it was a good idea to use a coated ship after all…

….

–General Pov–

With the scenery changing and the log-pose pointing down at Fishman Island, it wasn't so hard to navigate through the sea as Amon was feeling the electrical fields underwater. The current Amon was a human compass, in a sense.

Nothing interesting like Luffy's journey happened here, except for a few skirmishes with the sea kings. Against them, Amon just shoved his hand, penetrating the bubble coating,  outside and touched the water.

Devil fruits still had effects on water, as shown by Aokiji who froze the sea. They won't work against Sea-prism stone which is a condensate  of sea energy in solid form. 

Water is a good conductive for electricity,  which Amon used to  easily fry the few sea kings . Alas, they couldn't get one to eat since it might be a taboo if they did eat fish on  Fishman Island. While the ship was too small for eating one here and now.

After 5 hours of them submerging in  water, the group finally reached Fishman Island's bubble barrier. 

….

Amon stared at the barrier ahead with an intense look in his eyes. Taking a thinking pose, he nodded. He then looked back towards his group.

"Guys, be careful, this is a double coating around the bubble. There is a gap filled with an aggressive water current between them. If we try to enter by normal means, our small bubble shell will be absorbed by the 1st bigger one, and while we will enter inside, we won't be able to pass the 2nd coating."

Amon explained things to the groups. He recalled what happened to Straw Hat's ship from anime. Besides, he has already researched these matters beforehand. These days, Amon was always prepared for any situation, after all,  he had the power to do so now.

While the group nodded silently, Amon looked at Cricket, who then pointed at the monkey brothers who were tagging along.

"Uh! Yes, yes." Noticing the meaning in Amon's gaze, they nodded rapidly. "We already added all the necessary 'dials' beforehand. It's fine."

"Hm," Amon nodded hearing them and closed his eyes. '[Eyes of Thunder]'

He looked at the dials all around the ship and double-checked some important things. Soon after, he opened his eyes. There was a bunch of special variants of  dials which needed  remote control to work. 

"Alright, good job."

Not saying much, Amon crouched down and started to search through the bag on the floor. Not  long after, he found what he wanted and smirked lightly. 

"Alright guys, hold still. It'll be rough."

With everyone holding something, Raki was hugging Amon. He didn't mind it and rather hugged her back with his wings.

Looking at the remote dial in his hands, he took a few seconds and then pressed the red button. Beep!

Whooo…. !Boom! 

!Boom! !Boom! !Boom!

With constant nitro explosions, the ship instantly penetrated the 1st barrier of Fishman. It didn't take even a second for it to reach the 2nd barrier as well, which also got penetrated by the ship!

Splash!

With a massive blow with the water current in the middle, the ship finally entered the actual… Fishman Island!

«...★...»

Splash!

The ship penetrated the bubble wall and entered the sky of Fishman Island. However….

"Ehhh!"

Before Raki or anyone could react, the ship started to fall down! 

Bam!

Luckily, it fell on a small pool below. So, everyone was safe thus.

….

"Bah!"

Raki released the breath she's been holding ever since and opened her eyes. "We… we are here!  Fishman island!"

While Amon's wings were hugging her, she was hugging him tightly as well, which she tightened the grip of and yelled. "Yes, I love you! You took me to so many beautiful places this week! I love–"

Smack!

"Awww…"

Cutting her short, Amon smacked her head as he coughed out some seawater. He said in a grumpy voice. "Shut up…"

With Raki complaining to Robin, Amon let  some electricity course through his body. 

He wasn't scared of dying underwater the whole trip. He had… temporary ways to survive even if the ship and the submarine got destroyed. He would have still been alive, moving underwater freely. 

The reason was… quite simple. 'Let's not get over my head, this is not a permanent effect anyway.' Amon sighed. 'But I guess this will come in handy in this small mission… against Fishman Island.'

Shaking his head lightly, Amon, who was clad in dark purple clothes from head to toe, hiding everything under, looked at his companions.

"Guys, get a hold of yourselves." Amon started to heat up the electrical fields in the air around them, thus making the surrounding hot. In a leader-type voice, he said. "I will help with the temperature. Try to take deep breaths."

Looking at his companions, Robin, Cricket and the Monkey Bros down on the floor of the deck, Amon then prepared some quick medicine for them.

….

While they were resting there, many Fishmen noticed the ship in their island's pool. Some stayed silent, while some let the Royal guards know.

7 days ago, the Queen had left with a World Noble. They were worried, for that reason, they stayed silent even though something illegal like sailing ships in the residential swimming pool was happening.

After all, after they harm these bunch of humans, what if they hurt their Queen…?

Amon was up in the foremast, the wooden pillar-like object of the ship, looking down at the Fishman island itself.

'...' He was able to feel their emotions to a certain extent, which he didn't mind at all. 

Robin said with her gasping voice. "Luci, I'm fine now."

"Oh," Amon looked back. 'That was quick.' He thought with a smile. He then started to think of useless things. 'I told her my real name, but I guess she wants to call me something nobody else calls.'

Shaking away the thoughts, nodding his head with a smile, he then looked at the Monkey Bros and Cricket.

"Let's split here. Let's make 2 teams of 3, you three and we three." Amon pointed towards himself, Raki and Robin. "I don't think the Monkey Bros will have any problems… but Cricket be careful. Fishmen can be dangerous."

It was not a matter of strength. It was their looks. Cricket nodded in understanding.

….

With Amon's warning, they separated after docking the ship in a proper place. Fishfolks were giving them glances, but everyone ignored them. They weren't the only humans on the island anyway. 

Before the Royal guards could arrive after receiving the words from citizens, Amon and the group moved away fast.

The group has come to the island swiftly, so nobody knew that a Warlord has arrived at this place. He noticed some other humans around who seemed to be able to identify him, for he was a famous person. Amon didn't mind being recognized though, that's a part of the plan as well.

Coming to a corner of some buildings, Amon took out his Tone Dial, in hope of calling his spies here….

A loud voice came from. "HEY! Is that Boss… Lucifer?!"

Before he could dial the dial, he heard a… familiar voice. With a frown, he looked in the direction... as his frown disappeared.

"Leader?! Leader is that really you?! Haha!"

Raven hair and a muscular build. It was the guy who left Amon's guild to fight the world government on his own more than a year ago. 

"You recognize me?! It's me, Melo!"

It was… Melo!

«...★...»

"It's me, Melo! Haha!"

The raven-haired man laughed lightly as he waved his hands from far. He was alone as Amon quickly started to search around for anything suspicious… Luckily, luckily for everyone on Fishman island, this wasn't an ambush or some illusion cast by some mutant Fishman.

'Certain Fishmen are the One Piece world's mutants. They possess powers which would be absurd for normal humans to have. Ah, it would have been lucky if I was born here. But oh well, I love my current situation.' Thinking such, a smile formed on his face, Amon started to walk forward. 

"Oh, Melo is that really you?! Wow, you seem different than before!" Looking at the different scars around his body, Amon laughed lightly. "You seem to have gone through many hardships."

Melo walked forward and Bro-fisted Amon. "Whoa!" He grinned largely. "Hardships? That I did go through, but it seems Miss All Sunday and you have gotten much closer as well. You even have a child now, hahaha!"

With Raki and Amon looking at him deadpanly, the man stayed silent. Soon after, he scratched his head. "Ahh, that wasn't funny? Haha, anyway."

Amon laughed at his bad joke while Robin blanked from behind. She recalled that day she was drunk and talked about World Nobles with Amon and this man in front. 

Melo then made a thoughtful expression. "Oh, let's not talk here. My wife works at the Mer-Maid cafe around here." He nudged Amon. "'Mer-Maid' Hehe… you got the pun?"

Amon played with his humour and made a face similar to his. Though his thoughts were quite different inside. 'Wife? Didn't his wife get caught by some World Noble and got gangbanged… wait not gangbanged...? Anyway, was he able to retrieve her?' Amon was in deep thought. 'I don't think it's the same woman, I would have heard about it then. So a new woman?... Hah~ humans. After all that drama.'

Laughing mockingly inwardly, Amon went with Melo's humour who led them to the Mermaid Cafe.

**

**

**

This chapter was proofread by Discord members and edited by @Retuculum and @AyyZelos.

Discord: discord.gg/sek3gZV2jg]

28