Alliance number two!
1.5k 2 27
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Chapter 86

Title: Alliance number two!

….

 

Amon sprayed some medicine on her wounds. Just a second ago he got the bullet out, so Otohime was doing fine. In canon, if she received immediate medical treatment, she might have been saved. But that didn't happen and she died.

 

Amon saved her life this time, thus forming a solid relationship with Fishman Island. In the future, if he gets strong enough to retain the island from Whitebeard's name, it will help a lot by having the gate to the New World under him. Besides… let's not talk about the ancient weapon.

 

Amon quickly bandaged her chest while talking with the patient to keep her distracted. Finally, after a few minutes, Fishmen out of the range of the Conquerors Haki started to come here as this place had fallen terribly silent.

 

Amon helped Otohime sit down as she looked around at her unconscious subjects. She then glanced back at the spot where Hody Jones was lying unconsciously. Particularly, she glanced at the dead human.

 

She bit her lips lightly. 'Was I targeted by humans?'

 

Her thoughts were wondering, Amon sensed them and packed his bag. "Don't worry about it, the human wasn't the one who pulled the trigger."

 

Otohime instantly looked at him with question filled eyes.

 

Amon smiled as he [Flashed] before her eyes. Around 7 seconds later, he returned with a Camera-dial in his hand. These types of dials are quite normal around the blues, even before Amon started his business. 

 

He lightly tossed the camera towards her. "Here, watch the clip inside it. You'll understand what I mean."

 

Otohime caught it curiously. After inspecting the device for a while, she clicked on the play button as her eyes grew up. She again played it, but the reaction didn't change. She kept playing it until tears were falling down her face. 

 

"Why… why did one of us do this…"

 

The clip had Hody pulling the trigger and Otohime getting shot. Otohime was too caught in the situation to ask him the origin of the camera. One of Amon's spies captured it and Amon decided to wipe his memory of this incident for certain reasons.

 

Soon, one by one, people started to get up from the ground. They were instantly confused, after looking around they got overwhelmingly happy seeing their Queen sitting, alive. But soon after, rage took them over as they noticed the tears coming out of her eyes, she was crying beside the human.

 

Luckily, Otohime stopped them from attacking Amon. Fortunately for them, they didn't take two steps.

 

«...★...»

 

Amon left things in Otohime's hands. As more people retained their consciousness, they started a barrage of questions asking why Otohime was protecting the human. She could have shown the clip but she was hesitant in showing it to everyone. She knew Hody would definitely be sentenced to death, but she didn't want that to happen to this foolish child!

 

However, this is why Amon was here. 

 

Amon incited her by saying, 'What will they think if you don't reveal it?' 'They will believe all humans are like that.' 'Besides, no kingdom is perfect. Having one or two bad apples throwing a revolution isn't that rare.' 'Show it, do it! It's for the greater good!'

 

Otohime, without any other choice left, acted on his 'suggestion'. He was right after all. If she didn't reveal that it was Hody Jones who led this assassination, they will keep believing a human tried to assassinate her, thus destroying what she wanted to achieve all her life. 

 

After that, while things were going haywire, she sincerely invited Amon to come to the palace. She didn't want a human to see the shameful state of the Fishmen race. Amon accepted the offer as he called out to Robin and Cricket's team.

 

Then Jimbei volunteered to direct them to the Palace along with the Royal children. Otohime would need more time to balance things out, hearing that Jimbei volunteered to lead Amon. Meant that even now, he was suspicious that Amon might pull something to the King if left alone.

 

….

 

Not long after, Amon’s team and the Royal children reached the gate of the palace. Shirahoshi was still unconscious, soJimbei was carrying her, a few steps ahead of the group.

 

While walking, he was thinking with a guilty heart. 'I must apologize to him…' Although Shyarly's divination rarely fails, it still does sometimes. This seemed one of those times. 

 

Jimbei stopped in front of the giant gate of the Castle. The gates were massive so that even the giant Merman King could easily enter it. Stopping, he turned around. He decided that this was a perfect place to apologise right here and now.

 

"Warlord Lucifer. Before we enter the Castle, I must apologise for my actions before. But I do have a reason for that…" He quickly shook his head. "No, I have no excuses. It was my fault. You even saved her highness' life."

 

Cricket's team, Raki and the three princes were confused as to what had happened. While Amon just shook his head. "It's fine. You must have had a good reason, I heard that there is a fortune teller here. Did she say something about me, haha? Sorry, tell her that I was just having fun  with her a little, it's nothing serious."

 

Jimbei was surprised hearing him. "Playing…? Wait, did you alter that scene by yourself."

 

Amon smiled lightly with his eyes closed like a wise man. "Not entirely, I won't think of killing someone kind as Neptune even as a joke. It was a mistake on my part, I ask forgiveness." Amon bowed lightly. "And Shyarly… She seems very shocked, I guess I will have to apologize to her myself. I will compensate her with dinner someday."

 

Jimbei was caught a little off guard, but he soon nodded. "Then, please… I won't ask for forgiveness for what I did, after all you might have died. But please, hold no grudge against the Fishmen."

 

He wanted to bow, but Shirahoshi was on his shoulder.

 

Amon just waved his hands in dismissal. Releasing a relieved sigh, Jimbei led them again. Raki asked a question about what was happening, and Amon told her about their fight. The royal children were surprised to hear that Amon won.

 

….

 

Not long after, Amon and the team were sitting on a couch. The Royal children were taken to another room and Jimbei left to escort the injured Queen. More accurately, the King has refused to meet anyone before getting his wife back, so he left alone to get her back. As soon as Jimbei learned about it, he rushed out after him. 

 

While thinking this, Amon glanced at Raki who was sitting beside him with a face filled with mixed expressions. Amon crackled a little. If she was acting like this just after seeing his cold face, he couldn't imagine how she would react if she saw the abyss itself. 

 

Amon shook his head and looked at Robin. "See, I told you I'll be fine." 

 

Robin just looked away. "Yes, I can see that. That doesn't mean what you did wasn't dangerous."

 

Amon broke out in small laughter while Cricket and the Monkey Bros sat there awkwardly. They waited for the Royal family to return, but it seemed the King was too caught up in things to greet them. So they were given an appointment for the next day. Accordingly, some maids showed them the ways to their room for the night.

 

Amon decided to pay a visit to Vander Decken IX, hiding in the large ship ‘Noah’.

 

«...★...»

 

On the next day, they were again sitting at the same spot, but this time the King and his Queen were sitting in front of them.

 

"I'm terribly sorry for keeping you waiting, respectable guest." Otohime bowed down slightly to Amon who just took a sip from his cup of tea.

 

"Umm. Ignore that, rather I would like some more of this tea. Mass-produced if possible."

 

The King and Queen looked at each other. "Um, if you like it so much we can give it to you as much as possible."

 

"No, not that. I mean a business. A trade." Amon smiled. "I heard that Fishman Island will immigrate to the surface, I was thinking of being the first country to ally with them if possible."

 

Otohime looked at him surprised, before turning into confusion. "Country? I thought you were a Warlord?" 

 

"Indeed, I'm one. But I'm also king of a small unknown country in the sky. A sky island." Amon placed the cup at the table.

 

With a business smile on his face, he then explained the Skypiea. 

 

Amon was a little impatient inside, and the reason was his visit to Noah last night.

….

 

"I'm sure Jimbei must have heard about the new ally of Alabasta Kingdom, that's my country." After a few minutes, Amon had explained the basics.

 

Otohime made a thinking posture. "So… that's the reason why you married the princess of Alabasta?" Otohime asked. Amon was impressed that she knew this much. 

 

"Wow… indeed." 

 

Amon nodded slightly as the King grumped. "Before you say anything, I won't give my Shira to you." 

 

Although he said this, he was staring at Amon and Raki's wings. He recalled the history briefly, but he shook his head. 'Impossible. Jaya vanished 400 years ago, they can't be Shandorians. They vanished even though they were given the job to protect the Poneglyph…'

 

Amon grinned hearing his internal thought, he laughed lightly. "Don't worry, I'm not here for that. She's only 6, after all." 

 

The King sighed. He was grateful for what he did yesterday, but still…

 

On the other hand, Amon didn't have many advantages which can be used to propose a marriage offer. So he planned to refrain from doing so. For now that is...

 

'Then it's decided…' Queen Otohime took his words to heart. It would be a blessing if she can make Skypiea her ally. Even though it's not a famous country, it is after all still Alabasta's ally. Besides, this can be a starting point for Fishman Island. 

 

"Benefactor, I don't mind allying with you at all. In fact, I would be more than happy to do so. By the way, isn't it pretty ironic how Skypiea is 10,000 meters above the sea  while  Fishman Island is 10,000 meters below sea ?"

 

Amon laughed at her logic. "Yes indeed. There is a reason for that though." He then continued on the topic. "Are you aware of the war that occurred 800 years ago?" 

 

Otohime's eyes attached upwards. 

 

"I saw the Poneglyph in the forest out there… there is a poneglyph in the sky as well, it talks about the Mermaid Princess." Amon said. "I'm sure you are aware who I'm talking about."

 

Otohime's body had already frozen by then. How did he know about this? On the other hand, the King had disbelief lingering within his eyes.

 

"800, we were given a job by my ancestors… it was to protect the Poneglyph. But there was more to it, it was also to protect the entirety of the Fishman race! It was to protect the Mermaid Princess..."

 

While everyone in the room listened to this with wide eyes and a purely shocked face, Amon took out a dial. "Here watch this clip as proof."

 

It was Neptune who instantly accepted it. as the king of Fishmen island, he knew that a Ponegyplh containing the information of Poseidon was given to Jaya's inhabitants. After seeing Shirahoshi summon the seakings twice already, he knew she was the one. 

 

But he needed to be sure that Amon was telling the truth… 'Is he really a Shandorian?' 

 

He would recognize the poneglyph if he saw it…

 

….

 

"Impossible…" Looking at the video clips and photos, Neptune was shocked to the core. He didn't know what the Poneglyph said in detail, but he knew it's about the Mermaid princess. So he was forced to believe that what Amon said about protecting the Fishmen was the truth...

 

He then placed the camera down and looked at Amon with shaky eyes. "Are you… a Shandorian?"

 

Amon nodded. "Indeed, more precisely I'm a Shandian, the descendants. I'm the current leader of the bunch as well… I guess you are aware of the things since you are the King."

 

Amon's position in Neptune's mind instantly jumped up. "P-Please respectable guests, forgive us if we made any mistake. Please don't shame us by calling the Shandora a 'small country'.'

 

He instantly bowed, leaving Jimbei and Otohime speechless. The city Shandora that Neptune knew was the one from 800 years ago. Shandora, a kingdom that matched Wano at power, even though it was very small.

 

Amon grinned internally. He always loved to use these points to form relationships.  "I have nothing to complain about. Rather, I sincerely invite you to the sky, the City of Gold, Shandora."

 

Amon widened his arms. They were too caught in the situation to answer his request.  Fishman Island was a thing, but Neptune knew, the Legacy of Shandorians was something he might never see in his life. This was a godsend invitation.

 

Amon then continued to talk with them as hours passed by.

 

….

 

During this time, Amon had already caught Neptune's interest. "Hahaha! Sir Lucifer, it would have been great if you were born here. But I'm sure, with someone like you the Shandora will prosper again. I really hope that you would form an alliance with us. It would be our honour."

 

"The pleasure is all mine."

 

Jimbei was happy seeing that nothing bad had happened. While Amon finally reached a particular point where he needed to incite the King and Queen. 

 

He looked at them coldly. He had a 'for your own good' look on his face. "Don't immigrate to the Surface yet."

 

"Ehh…"

 

….

 

The Queen was a bit hesitant, but strangely the King nodded instantly. He trusted him after he introduced himself as the 'Protector of Fishmen'. More so, he was the King of Shandora, God of the Sky.

 

After some more discussion, Amon was able to force the Queen to agree as well. He used the fact that there is internal conflict among themselves, so if they try to go out in the air, they might easily fall. Also, slave merchants...

 

Soon after, it was decided. Their alliance would form without any problems. Amon was very happy inside.

 

However… he was eager to get out of this meeting as soon as possible. 

 

Last night, after he visited Vander Decken IX in Noah, he didn't kill him. He returned since he sensed something particularly interesting. The interesting thing was letting out a dangerous aura as well.

 

Amon didn't know what it was but he felt the aura similar to something Raki had. So he took it from Raki, he took one of the swords from Raki and went to the ship.

 

After doing some procedures, like subduing the Vander guy to the Fishman guards, Amon started to look around the ship hastily.

 

There… he found a single sword.

 

But he needed to finish the job here first. A few more days for their alliance to shape nicely.

 

**

**

**

[Read 15+ chapters(Upto 101th chapter ) before release in P.A.T.R.E.O.N–

 

Link: patreon.com/Master4thWall 

–––

This chapter was proofread by Discord members and edited by @Retuculum and @AyyZelos and @Shortmotor!

 

Discord: discord.gg/sek3gZV2jg]

27