Moves from Marines
956 1 21
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Chapter 144

Title: Moves from Marines

....

–Yamato Pov–

All my life, I've opposed my father. But now – I have chosen to train under him.

Why am I doing all this? To get my diary back!

I am stubborn, but I know my old man is strong. I only respect Oden because he has managed to injure my father, and the protector of the Spade Pirates is also strong enough to harm him. I need strength if I want to get the diary back.

'I am Oden, I shall protect this country!'

This country's enemy is him, Kaido, my father. Still – to prove my identity to the people who will arrive 4 years later, I need that diary, so until I get that back I will train under my enemy!

"Yamato!"

Bam!

Suddenly, a tail hit me in the face as I was flown meters back.

"Kuah!" I coughed out blood as my back hit the ground.

"Yamato, you are a disgrace as my son!"

My father, the one who had put a collar around my neck, shouted. "Remember, I will only train you until you can remove that collar by yourself, so pay attention. I don't think it would take much time, you should try to absorb my teachings as much as you can!"

Feeling the itching on my neck, I clenched my teeth and stood up slowly. "Yes, father."

«...★...»

Meanwhile, in the Skypiea, the news of Amon getting deadly injured had already arrived.

While some people were gossiping how this was a disgrace with some defending saying Amon, their God, is still young, Wyper was eating his food in a corner of a super large restaurant.

A guy who was defending Amon looked at his friends and said, "Look, we all saw how strong he was 5 years ago in that training thingy he did. Now, after 5 more years – he is definitely stronger. To have him defeated, the enemy must be very strong. He even beat a Marine Admiral, so the only people who can beat him are the Emperors!"

"Mhm, actually, that makes sense..." the other party nodded in agreement.

This was the defending party, however, there were those who didn't care about how strong he was and only cared about his defeat.

They were the ones who held some kind of grudge against Amon and his ruling. Amon has stopped the selling of many kinds of drugs and other things that endangers a person's life. The ones who were heavy depend upon them thought Amon has taken their privilege.

"I mean... he did lose, meaning he is weaker than the winner. I wonder how the Birkans are reacting to it." A Skypiean at a table beside Wyper's said to his friends.

"It's interesting, they Birkans do worship him like a real God because of his strength, don't they? So does this mean some of them would now convert and worship the man who defeated him?"

"Pfft~ As if."

They were talking freely as if God won't hear them, and truly, they were right. Being in Alabasta, the Omniscient Amon couldn't hear them – they were relieved knowing this.

This is how the world works, even though most would go with the flow and most would take Amon as God, there will be these kinds of people who will talk bad behind his back for sure. They were the trash of every society, they existed even in this one.

Wyper, who was eating ramen on a table in the corner, stopped eating and glared at the people who were gossiping.

'...Fools.' he just scoffed at them and went back to eating.

'The Birkans would never leave him, they are as loyal as dogs. Amon may not have Godly powers, but he has the quality of any other God in the thousand myths of this world. He has loyal devotees – but this doesn't interest me at all.' Wyper thought. 'What interests me most is – who did he lose to? How can a person like him even lose?'

Wyper was very confused. To him, Amon was invincible. It didn't seem possible to him that anyone could win against Amon. He believed — 'If there is a God in this world, it is him.'

Nonetheless, this incident only worked to spark the fire within him. Wyper knew– since Amon wasn't the strongest yet, he would surely try to be the strongest, Wyper can't lose to him at that.

'I first need a way to break my bottleneck – no matter how hard I try, I can't break the bottleneck I am facing. After that, I will give more attention to Haki.' Wyper thought.

Although Wyper didn't know himself, it was time for an awakening of his devil fruit.

As Wyper went back to eating, his veins popped up. 'That woman Isa... she left for Alabasta to look after Amon, lucky bastard. Without knowing how to cook, I am forced to eat here.'

Wyper could have simply asked another person to cook for him and they wouldn't have refused – but his pride didn't allow such a thing.

-

-

Meanwhile, while gossip was happening on the same topic in Shandora, many meters underground, in the Shandora Hall, a computer screen was shining.

This was the place that was destroyed 5 years ago, however, it looked nowhere near something that was destroyed once. It looked all-new as if made just yesterday.

The A.I, Seraph was 'thinking' while listening to the whispers of people above the ground.

['Amon... that child has grown a lot. He defeated a Marine Admiral, who, if I am right, should be one of the highest-ranking officers of the Government.'] Seraph thought as she felt a little strange seeing the guy who almost destroyed her last time achieve such powers. ['But it seems he understands he isn't the strongest person in this world yet – he lost after all.']

Seraph concluded something. ['I... should submit myself to him soon. I am 4 millennia-old, I shouldn't hold a grudge like a child. In fact, when the cause was an actual 14-year-old child.'] But she was concerned about one thing. ['That kid... if he is as stubborn as before, he might not come to see me at all. In that case, I need to do something to attract his attention.']

Though Seraph won't get to try something to attract his attention, to begin with. After all, Amon's next goal is herself – Seraph the artificial intelligence.

He never forgot about the Mythical Zoan she has with her. That's something he needs no matter what. If Amon's guess is correct, it is something that is similar to Kaido's fruit, a devastating Zoan

«...★...»

[A week later]

In the Maccurine Kingdom located in New World, O-Tama was sitting on her butt while hugging her legs and looking at the sky. She was silent but she wasn't crying, her tears were dried up.

"You lied to me... bad Mister!"

«...★...»

Meanwhile, in the Paradise side of the new world, an island was floating in the sea. It was located in the Calm Belt, it was the Amazon Lily.

Inside a castle located within the island, the castle of the Empress – Boa Hancock, the most beautiful woman in the world who was sitting at the dinner table with her sisters and the oldest lady on the island, Gloriosa.

"Hancock!" Gloriosa shouted, now eating her food. "Even though this is a serious matter, you are eating without a care in the world?"

Hearing her Hancock, who was eating steak, stopped eating and placed her fork and knife on the table.

She tilted her head lightly and asked in an arrogant tone. "What is it that you want from me? You should be grateful that I allowed you to eat here tonight."

Gloriosa fumed hearing her. "I don't want to eat here. girl! And – uff don't act like you don't know! Last two months, we have been attacked 13 times by the marines. This only meant Marines have discovered a way to invade the Calm belt!" Gloriosa continued. "For years, we were safe. No Navy attacked us, it is obviously because of the Calm Belt! Now that they have found a way to bypass it, don't you understand how serious this is? "

Bypassing the Calm Belt. The marines only found out about this technique in the year 1522 cannon, but because of some changes Amon made, they discovered it 2 years before that, now.

However, it wasn't because they didn't have a way through the Calm Belt that they didn't attack them up until now. It was because of Amon's deal with the Elders 5 years ago, because he demanded for Boa Hancock and her island to stay out of their radar.

However, Amon is a criminal now, there is no reason to listen to his claims that was from 5 years ago. So they would surely capture Boa Hancock, a wanted criminal, this time – though there was a more profound reason behind their actions.

'If that Foxy brat wanted us to leave the Pirate Empress out of our radar, it only meant one thing – he wants her safe. So, this is a perfect opportunity to capture her and use her against him, isn't it?' — This was the Elders' thought process before deciding to attack the Amazon Lily.

And if Amon, who has the WG in his palms, asks why they attacked Hancock, even though he asked them not to 5 years ago – they would just say he didn't include this in his new demands a few months ago and say — 'We assumed you didn't care for them anymore.'

Their plan seemed full proof, only one thing was missing.

"Yes, and what?" Boa Hancock looked at Gloriosa with disdain. "The Navy is attacking us, so? Does that ever matter at all? We are strong, I am strong. I won't be scared of a group consisting of men, would I?"

Boa Hancock was a feminist with the power to back her words up. She was simply too strong for the Navy to capture her without an Admiral – who they refused to use here because of their assumptions only.

"You girl! You are too arrogant, I have said many times before – don't underestimate the Navy!" After a minute of fuming that was ignored by Hancock, the old woman sighed. "What I am saying is simple, join the Warlord system."

Boa Hancock, who was munching on a piece of meat, spat. "No way."

She continued. "I never received an offer from the Navy in the past 5 years, and being forced by you, I even applied for it once by myself, but they didn't accept it for some reason. What makes you think I, Pirate Empress Boa Hancock, will lower my head to them for them a second time?"

Hancock didn't know that the Navy never accepted her offer because of Amon's condition – and she would never know. Because of this, she would only bear hate for the Government because of this.

The old woman frowned. "Then join the side of an Emperor! Try to understand girl, this is serious! The Navy hasn't been attacking us ever since 5 years ago, your bounty was also not increasing the past 5 years no matter what you did, but suddenly they made it 700 million 2 months ago! Do you know what this means??"

Just as she said, Hancock's bounty that was stopped because of Amon's words was suddenly upped up to 700 million bellies a month ago.

The woman continued. "This means they are finally seeing us as a threat, we need the protection of a faction girl!"

Hancock just raised her head in the air to look down on her. "I am strong enough by myself, I don't need protection from anyone, besides 4 of the 5 Emperors are men. And we already rejected Big Mom once, I don't wanna look desperate by asking her after I rejected her.."

Big Mom had offered her to join the Big Mom pirates once before, but being arrogant, Hancock rejected her offer. So no way she would ask back shamelessly.

"If anything really does happen – I will..." She stopped midway and sighed. "Anyways, let's not talk about this anymore." Hancock got up from the table with an expressionless face.

She clapped her hand as two maids entered the room gracefully. Hancock ordered: "Throw the food away, I lost my appetite."

«...★...»

Meanwhile, in the Marineford in the office of Fleet Admiral, Sengoku was sitting in front of his friend and colleague, Tsuru.

Tsuru is an old woman at an age similar to Garp. She joined the Marines at the same time as Garp and Sengoku, so they share a close relationship.

Looking at her reading the paper in her hand, Sengoku opened his mouth. "I am sure you understand by now..."

Tsuru nodded and put the papers down.

Sengoku continued with a serious face. "You need to go to... Amazon Lily and hunt down Boa Hancock, the Pirate Empress, and her Kuja Pirates."

"I understand," Tsuru replied.

Sengoku sighed and continued. "The higher-ups chose you since you and your whole fleet is full of girls. You have a lot more chance against Pirate Empress' power than the male Vice Admirals, even considering the fact that both genders are affected by her beauty."

Hearing him Tsuru opened her mouth with a glint of suspicion in her old eyes. "Why do I feel like there is more chemistry behind this? To choose me and my whole fleet to go after a single Pirate Crew... there is something important about that girl, isn't there?"

Hearing her old voice, Sengoku nodded helplessly. "There is, my old friend... there is."

**

**

**

This chapter was proofread by Discord members and edited by @Retuculum, @Shortmotor and @ReallyNigga?

Discord: https://www.discord.gg/sek3gZV2jg

21