Fire…
813 2 19
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Chapter 170

Title: Fire...

....

2 days have passed.

Fwoosh!

Amon was flapping his wings and flying in the sky at an astonishing speed besides some seagulls.

He was flying 3 kilometres above sea level, mostly sliding and rarely flapping his wings. His hair was fluttering in the wind, caressing his face as he had his eyes focused in front of him.

"My wings would get rusty if I don't use them at all..." Amon muttered against the aggressive wind while his eagle-like eyes were looking kilometres in front of him. 'I can see Drum Island far from here, those six peaks are pretty eye-catching. '

While his sight returned to normal, a sudden outburst happened to his speed as he leapt forward, mumbling, "It's pretty annoying travelling so slowly, I guess being too fast messes with my sense of speed a lot,"

The next second Amon's body gleamed and he disappeared from the naked eye, moving towards the "Drum Castle" at his top speed.

Zzz... He left a trail of lightning behind, finally reaching the Drum Castle.

«...★...»

Meanwhile, in the North Blue, Germa 66 was in a state of uproar.

Vinsmoke Judge was sitting on the chair in the middle of a meeting table, with all of his children sitting around the other chairs.

He had a frown on his face as he was looking at the letter in his hand. Reading the letter, he started sweating, rendering the others to grunt.

"Father, just what is written in that letter to change your expression so significantly?" Yonji, the green-haired prince, demanded an answer.

Judge raised his head and glanced at each of his masterpieces' faces. He stuttered but still managed to reply, "It's... it's a declaration of war, coming from the Sky Emperor."

Immediately, the expression of his children changed relatively as they almost lost their cool. But being perfect, unable to feel much emotion, they regained their composure soon.

"That's... an unexpected disaster." Reiju, the Germa Princess commented. She continued, "From our speculation, the Lightning Dragon who fought Kaido is that guy. Just from the fact that he survived proves he is strong enough to back up his title of 'Emperor'."

A soft sigh left her plump lips. "Sigh, I don't think it would be a good ending for us if we fight him."

Yes, Germa is a place with high-end technology and Super Computers. With the help of an informant close to the fight who captured video footage, they easily calculated the identity of that Dragon made of Lightning. Of course, they didn't reveal it to anyone... yet.

Judge sighed. "I believe there is a mole in our soldiers who leaked this information to him. Or I don't see why he would directly declare war on us. Just when we were planning to sell him off to Kaido..." Judge sighed again. He planned to form a good relationship with the Beasts Pirates using this opportunity, but this was disastrous.

It was when Vinsmoke Niji commented, "Why are you acting like this? I am sure we can take on him if we team up–"

"Shut it, Niji." The oldest brother, Ichiji interrupted, "We are no match for an Emperor, know your limits."

Niji frowned but stayed silent. He overlooked it, but Ichiji isn't wrong.

Reiju ignored her brothers and suggested, "Then father, if our end is inevitable why not reveal the news?"

"I have thought of it and was thinking of doing it since we don't see any way out. But after reading the letter completely, I changed my mind." Judge said with a small smirk. "The Sky Emperor underestimates us, he is not coming himself, but sending Fire Fist Wyper."

Hearing him, the prince and princess blinked at their face lost a lot of worries. 'If it's not that monster, then things would be fine.' – they thought.

Meanwhile, Niji groaned. "No, that's not important. What is important is, he has the audacity to send a letter even when he is sending a minion. It's like he is warning us!"

Judge shot him a glance. "Calm down. Think of it as an opportunity. After defeating Wyper, we can use him as a negotiation chip."

Niji's eyes twitched as he smirked shortly after. "Not a bad idea. You are right, I should calm down."

The other brother added, "That way he would be on the edge, having both his secret and subordinate on our hold, he will dance in our palm!"

Judge chuckled hearing him as he leaned back on his chair. "Indeed, this is what he gets for underestimating us."

Underestimating them. No, Amon simply wanted Wyper to face a hard time. If he attacked them out of the blue, Amon didn't see any way for them to win. What's the fun in that?

Other than that, when the Germa 66 were assuming that Amon declared war knowing that they knew his secret, in reality, Amon was completely ignorant this time.

He had no way of knowing someone was recording the fight, and even if he did, considering the fight was happening kilometres above the sea, and normal cameras won't even get a glimpse of them, he didn't give it much thought. However, he never thought that there would be a spy of Germa around, Germa who possesses cameras that can match Seraph's eyes.

Now, when Amon was ignorant, if they really did sell him to Kaido, it would have been disastrous.

Luckily, Wyper was there to save the day... or is he?

«...★...»

In the sea of North Blue, Wyper was in his ship. He was training vigorously, sparring against 10 soldiers to be precise.

The soldiers were wearing a crimson outfit, fitting to be under Fire Fist. All of the soldiers took a deep breath and rushed towards Wyper, their fist targeting different parts of his body, such as head, soldier, thigh and neck.

Wyper sidestepped and dodged the attack of one of his opponents. "Ra!" He then launched his fist forward with a cry and struck his opponent's chest, sending him flying, crashing inside the ship.

Immediately, the other soldiers rushed towards him to catch him off guard, but fire surrounded Wyper's body as he mumbled, "<Heat Wave!>"

"Uhh!" The soldiers screamed as they backed off because of the sudden but immense heat. Only one woman rushed towards him regardless of the fire.

"<Ice Projection>!" She yelled as the air froze, forming swords, spears, needles, and daggers in the air that went towards Wyper's body at an astonishing speed.

This technique allows her to freeze the air, and then form different stuff out of it. She can then control those creations to do as she wants.

Wyper glanced at them, as he flicked his wrist, creating a cloak of fire covering the air, as all the ice projectiles melted mid-air.

The woman again prepared to rush forward, but Wyper raised his hand.

Wyper then spun his spear and knocked the floor with the spear's end. "That's enough for now, we should already be close to Germa 66, we need to rest before reaching there."

He looked at the brown-haired woman who used the ice attacks. "Tsumi, what's up with those pathetic attacks of yours? They melted even before I used my full heat."

Tsumi, the priestess who came with Wyper, giggled. "Well, it's not because my ice is not cold enough, it's just your fire has become too hot after all these years of training. I got my fruit only a few months ago, I am not at my peak yet."

Wyper scoffed. "Not that you would ever be able to match me regardless."

He then ordered, "Quickly, prepare lunch for everyone. We need to rest, it is also a part of training."

With a shrug, she nodded and started to walk away, Wyper became lost in thought. 'At my peak? This is not my peak yet.'

Wyper's current limit is 1500° C of heat, where his flames can momentarily become blue. Yet, that momentary boost is not enough in the long run. 'To truly match Amon, my base heat needs to be above 1500° C, enough to make my Logia body made of blue flame. Then I should even surpass that Magma Admiral Amon told me about.'

According to what Amon said to him when comparing the Fire-Fire fruit to the Magma-Magma fruit, the Magma is hotter than Fire at the initial stage.

The keyword is "at the initial stage".

When a person eats the Fire fruit, his flames can't surpass the heat of 415°C (Amon tested it when Wyper first got it). But when a person eats the Magma fruit, one immediately gets access to heat as much as 700° C(the starting heat of magma), or at least theoretically one should since the beginning of fire was the lowest too.

Well, it's like real life really. The fire-fruit's initial colour is red, and red fire's top heat is around 400° C, but Magma's starting point is around 700° C. This is how it is in this world, not much different from Amon's previous world.

Amon had this thought when he discovered this: 'Considering the fact that Akainu must have even awakened his fruit too, it's no wonder Ace was hurt by his heat since his fire was orange (around 590~1200°C), while Akainu should have been around 1,600° C{surface Magma's top heat in real world} if not more. So it's not that Oda messed up physics, it's just that he restricted the heat of fire by its colour. So theoretically, when Wyper's flame becomes blue, blue flame that starts after 1600° C in this world, he can quite clearly surpass Akainu's heat.'

Of course, Wyper didn't know about this. He was just working hard ignorantly, unknowingly that he is just around the corner to surpass an Admiral.

Still, that doesn't necessarily mean he will get the chance to surpass Akainu. Because in the end, this 'test' of his surpassed the boundary of a test and was life-threatening for him.

There weren't enough soldiers to help Wyper get into a 1v1 fight, so the only outcome would be a 1v5 battle between Wyper and the Germa Royal Family.

And Germa's Royal Family can even suppress a Yonko Commander.

**

**

**

A/N: Hope you like the chapter and my hypothesis on why Ace was affected by Akainu's heat(excluding the Haki possibility).

[Read 15+ chapters before release in P.A.T.R.E.O.N]–

Link: patreon.com/Master4thWall 

19