Chapter 227
609 2 15
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Chapter 227

While Amon was busy with Shanks, Marshall D. Teach walked by the dark hall inside Impel Down with a grin plastered on his face.

Blackbeard had everything planned. The Four Emperors, The Marines, The World Government, and finally, Imu-sama. Everything was inside his head already.

For him, the biggest obstacle was Imu, in the long run, but in the short run, he had a Whitebeard to kill. He would work around things somehow after that. After all, as long as a person had dreams, and they had a D in the middle of their names, the whole world was on their side.

Imu didn’t have a D in his name, Teach knew that much, and nor did the current 4 Emperors… other than Shanks, at least. So he had an upper hand, easily.

"Zehahahaha!"

Blackbeard laughed as he stood in front of Magellan, the man who had covered himself in Purple Poison.

"What are you doing here, Warlord?"

The man's deep voice flew to Teach and his crew, who laughed to themselves.

"Warden, if you don't mind, I am here for a stroll."

Blackbeard said as eternal darkness surrounded his fist.

"If not, I am free enough to put you to sleep."

The purple devil scoffed and just whipped a poisonous thread at them. The poison was so potent that Blackbeard knew it'd melt his head like acid before the poison could even do anything.

So he created a wall of darkness in front of him that merely absorbed the whip at once, causing Magellan to grow shocked.

Blackbeard laughed again. That expression! Oh how much he loved that expression! Whenever these overly devil fruit reliant people see their power not working, they look as if their life has been taken away. Such weakness. It made him laugh.

Magellan wanted to continue with another new attack, a Dragon made of Poison, and Blackbeard was prepared to dodge it as well, however, a light- no, a flash of lightning flickered inside the hall as they were momentarily blinded.

By the time they regained their sight, the sound of whisper and murmur caused their ears to stifle, as they realised the prisoners were scared. However,

"W-wait the cell gate is open!!"

Multiple shouts similar to this sounded out around the hall, immediately, someone had just… opened all the cells at a lightning speed.

Magellan turned his head from around to Blackbeard.

"You!!"

"Zeha, it was not me." He sweated. "This ruins my plan too, well, to a certain degree at least."

Now he lost his main card, "If you join me, I will take you out of this prison.", from his hand. He needed to think of something else real quick… and he, he had just the right idea.

He was, after all, Marshall D. Teach. The same kid who inherited Rocks D. Xebec's will back in the day.

—★—

The marines, Sengoku and Garp included, were all shocked when dozens of Whitebeard pirate ships popped up from the sea, coated in a bubble.

"It's been a while, Sengoku."

"Whitebeard…"

The two old rivals exchanged 'greetings', or at least the closest to greetings possible between a pirate and a marine.

Roger and Garp were two legendary rivals, but people rarely talk about Sengoku and Whitebeard, they were at the same level as well.

"You better tell me my beloved son is alright, Gurarara!"

A unique laugh left his mouth to which Sengoku clicked his tongue. This was too much. He knew this was a bat for Whitebeard, a part of him still hoped the old man would never come… because if he did, there won't be a Headquarters for the marines help.

Sengoku instinctively turned to Ace, who was chained in a wooden tower above, Whitebeard followed his gaze.

"Ace!"

"Pops…"

Ace held back tears.

"Why are you here…"

At this, Whitebeard laughed again.

"What else do you expect? A father can't leave his son behind, no matter what mistake he has made. And don't forget, I was the one who allowed you to leave, my son."

Ace bit his lower lips to stop his tears. He was hoping his Pops would come, but he actually wasn't anticipating he'd actually come for real.

"That's enough, Ace! Don't give me that look!"

Whitebeard growled.

"I will bring you down soon."

Whitebeard said as the three admirals watched the scene from the seats placed above a high set of stairs.

"He's so hideous, naaa~"

Kizaru muttered to himself while Aokiji and Akainu stared silently just as Whitebeard clasped his palms into two fists and crouched down a little.

He brought his curled up fists in front of his chest as Akainu frowned. Just then, Whitebeard threw his fists backwards, spreading his arms like an eagle, as his fists came to a stop, meeting with… the space.

Crack~

It was shocking, no, it was amazing how cracks appeared in the air as if it was a broken mirror. The space twisted around the Marineford, everyone's eyes focusing on Whitebeard, just as… the sky crumbled down.

Boom!

With a large sound of destruction, the sea touched the sky, and the sky fell to the ground, everything shook and turned the other way around like a tsunami the size of a city leapt over the Marineford.

Nobody had to warn Aokiji about anything as he simply jumped forward in a swift but fast motion. He wasn't scared of the water, even being a devil fruit user, he instead loved to control it. As he reached the tsunami which was about to splatter the whole area, Aokiji simply touched the water as it swivelled into Ice in a matter of… millisecond.

"Everyone!"

However, Whitebeard didn't look nor sound surprised. He simply expected this to happen. It was all part of his plan.

"Attack!"

The marineford shook again, but not because of any quake, but instead under the footsteps of 150,000 men running towards each other.

The War of the Bests had begun.

—★—

At the same time, in the sky above Marineford, a car made of clouds waited that carried well over a 1 dozen people.

"When do we jump?"

Raki asked the driver… Amon.

"Wait, actually, are you even the real brother?"

It was a stupid question.

"Each of my clones is me, not like they have different brains, or even individual wills. I am a single person controlling multiple limbs, think of it like that. Though yes, this one is not my main body… the main body is busy taking a beating."

"Beating? Whoa, by who?"

Raki was curious, but Amon-2 shrugged.

"That's none of your concern. Back to your question," he looked down on the battle, no, the war happening down below. "You guys can go down right now, I will wait until Kaido."

"Uh, really?"

Raki stood up, grinning.

"After me guys!"

She didn't wait for anyone's confirmation as she jumped down, Wyper groaned and followed behind her, and one by one, everyone jumped down, at last, the 7 Members of Motor Gang jumped in as well, after a nod to Amon.

Amon simply shrugged. Amon-3 has done his job in Impel Down, too. Now… he just had to wait for destruction.

Maybe a pack of popcorn would do?

Just as the thought crossed his mind, his body flickered before he returned with a bag of popcorn. He threw the popcorn in his mouth and crewed on it.

Certainly, he had no stomach, he was a lightning clone after all, but his taste bud still worked perfectly well, and that's what mattered.

"Bff-"

Popcorn spat out of his mouth all of a sudden as his original self took a punch to his jaws.

"Okay, what the hell?"

That was too painful, it was exactly 3 times more painful than normal too since he had 3 clones activated. He should try to disconnect the pain receptors from each other first, or this would be a pain.

**

**

**

15