Chapter 235
526 1 11
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

If you want to read 15+ chapters ahead, go here: patreon.com/Master4thWall

Chapter 235

Kong was a strong man in his prime. Back in the day, he didn't become a Fleet Admiral out of nowhere, he had similar feats as Sengoku and to some extent, even Garp.

The Emperor system only started after Roger's death, but before that, at Rocks' Era, Emperor level Pirates were roaming in the sea too. Kong had fought them all, even bringing down some of them with his great strength.

He was not gifted with the power to use all three stages of Conqueror's Haki, he merely started it all in stage-1, but with sheer effort, willpower, and training, he was able to unlock all three stages. Along with his fruit, he rarely was pushed back this far.

When he crashed to the ground, he immediately tried to get up, but Amon dashed to him with his forearm the size of an elephant, which soon closed the gap.

Amon's fist didn't touch his body, quite the contrary. Instead, it hit the air in front of him. More accurately, the invisible armour around Kong’s body, where occasionally, black lightning crackled.

By coating Conqueror's Haki around your whole body, you can achieve some sort of armour, and this armour isn't something that can be broken with just anything. <Conqueror's Armour>, people called it.

But as a matter of fact, Amon's punch was also coated in Conqueror's Haki, his forearm crackling with black lightning. However, it seemed more destructive than what Kong could sense from Amon's Haki. The reason? He could guess, he had the fucking lightning devil fruit, enhancing lightning attacks (spiritual or not) shouldn't be a problem for him. Though there must be a limit to it, if not his armour would have been shattered to pieces immediately.

Bam!

Then again, even if it did not shatter into 'pieces', cracks did form in his Armour. Of course, it repaired itself immediately, sucking his Haki reserves, but this did mean that Amon could, overtime, overpower his armour and destroy it.

Kong couldn't let that happen.

It's been 2 seconds since Amon jumped at him, and his punch was still clashing with his armour, where cracks formed and were repaired constantly in a matter of milliseconds.

Kong knew Amon would punch again, and when that happens, he couldn't guarantee the safety of the armour, or in other words, his life.

He immediately transformed his eagle-like legs into tentacles and whipped them towards Amon, but his actual limbs hit Amon, and instead, beams of purple light, Haki, rushed to him from mere inches behind.

This was the 3rd-stage of Conqueror's Haki, Materialization. Kong simply materialised his Supreme Haki into something real, something physical, and projected them outwards in the form of spears of light. Amon couldn't possibly dodge that, right? It was just inches behind him, after all

Contrary to what he believed, the light phased through Amon's body, he might have as well been air, as if he didn't exist there at all.

Kong's face darkened while Amon jumped back, his hand returning to normal, as he smiled at him. "From here to a thousand miles far, I have eyes everywhere. Catching me off guard would take a bit more effort than that."

Kong stood up slowly.

Previously, before awakening, Amon could sense and hear everything in a large 600 kilometres radius around him. But to actually 'See' far from his line of vision, he needed to activate his 'Eyes of Thunder'. But that's not the case anymore. Now, with greater control over the electromagnetic field, Amon could connect himself with the field present in the air, and actually see things by using the field as a medium.

It was like having a Bird Vision in the back of his mind, while the front focused on the vision of his eyes.

Kong wasn't as surprised as he thought he would be at first. This kid was a monster, he knew that much from before. But it still physically pained him knowing he can only stay at the defensive, and even that defence was not guaranteed.

Amon didn't give him another chance to react, and with a flash of lightning, which Kong deduced was to merely stunt him, Amon appeared behind him.

This time, he wasn't punched, and instead, Amon unsheathed his sword, coated it with black lighting of conqueror's haki, and purple lighting of his fruit, just like in Raijin island, meaning very hot.

Standing by Pluton's side to make sure his slash doesn't damage the weapon, Amon waved his sword at the speed of lightning.

The world slowed for Kong.

Bzzt~

The sword moved and met with the invisible armour around Kong, clashing briefly.

Even Amon's <Sky Sword Style: Form 7>, which was further improved with his <King Sword>, a variation of King Punch, would have had difficulties cutting through the Armour of Conqueror's Haki in a single shot, but the truth was, he didn't need to do it in a single shot. He was fast, faster than anyone, he didn't need to stop at one slash.

So he slashed at him once, twice, thrice, forth, and so on as cuts started to appear on Kong's invisible armour, which Amon could see by focusing Haki on his Eyes. At his 24th slash, where he was going for Kong's neck, where he has already weakened the armour, meaning a guaranteed kill, something flashed behind him.

At a speed BEYOND what he could move at, a yellow light flashed and Kong's body was moved away from him. Amon could still see it all, but before he could react, he heard a chilling tone from behind him.

The man who took Kong away, put him far in a safe position, and even returned behind Amon, hummed.

"Ooow~ the machine actually works."

Turning back in the time-stopped world, Amon met his eyes.

Admiral Kizaru floated behind him, his natural hand in his pockets and his body shining brightly as if he was sculpted out of pure light.

He also wore his metal arm in the stump of his left hand, which also shone bright, not a bright yellow like the rest of his body, but a bright red instead, indicating its heat. Logia users can partially transform things outside their bodies into their elements, such as their clothes, and when gaining more mastery, even a fake arm of that size.

With his sword in his hand, Amon stared at Kizaru silently, his face cold and unreadable, different from the leisure smile he wore when fighting Kong.

It's been mere 20 seconds since he leapt at Kong first, he was that fast. Yet Kizaru could outrun him…?

**

**

**

Author's Note: 20 seconds passed in this chapter 😅🤣🤣

The next would be less than that. 

11