Chapter 247
539 2 9
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Chapter 247

Tsumi was finally tired from partying all night. Her face rested on the table with a cup of booze beside her while she hummed a song under her drunk breath.

It was midnight, and she was finally feeling the need for sleep after two weeks. The Sins were trained to stay awake for a long time, and even that was coming short.

Tsumi slowly raised her head and yawned, rubbing her eyes.

“Eh?”

When she stopped rubbing them, the world suddenly grew bright.

“Is it morning already-”

Her breath froze along with her words as extreme danger alarmed her mind.

Tsumi couldn’t react at all as a huge pillar of plasma came crashing into the bar she was in. The world went blank as she tried her last effort to try to <Cool> the heat, but… she failed.

-

Tsumi survived… barely. She didn’t know how that had happened, but she knew it couldn’t be her measly try. She was simply not strong enough to <Cool> that.

Tsumi had no idea what state her body was in. Maybe everything but her head was vaporised? She couldn’t tell because she could feel nothing. She could only see, and so she did that.

Her eyes, half-closed, moved around her skull. She saw the fire engulfing the area surrounding her. From what she could make of, the island wasn’t completely vaporised, which was a shock in itself. Instead, bits and bits of it were simply scattered around the sea. The island was in pieces. She could imagine herself floating in one piece herself.

Multiple thoughts on how to survive started to pop up in her mind. What happened here, who attacked–those weren’t useful questions now. First, she had to think of something to avoid dying. She didn’t even know how she was alive right now.

As she had the thought… Tsumi then felt the bit of life force she had left started to fade out too. Her thoughts took a desperate turn as her greed for living stirred up, her eyes shook and she felt the vision in front of her blur because of the tears.

Then it happened.

From her blurry eyes, she made out the figure of a large white ethereal humanoid slowly standing up on one of the pieces of the island. 

Hic-”

She couldn't see anymore as she felt her throat clutch down on breath. She desperately tried to run from the inevitable death, but right then…

A white sphere spread around the area, covering her too, as she felt her breath return. Her body caught on fire and another new fear stirred up inside her. But she soon calmed down as she felt her body resonate with the white flame. Instead of burning her, it was… regenerating her.

What’s happening?

Tsumi peeked at the sky again, this time everything looking crystal clear. In the middle of the now destroyed Shandora, a large white humanoid figure with four blazing white wings flaring out of his back stood straight with a huge sword in his hand.

The strangest thing about the figure was, his whole body was encircled with white flames, like a white phoenix, and everything around him, the island, at least the bit that remained, was entirely covered in similarly white fire.

Looking at the figure’s face, his shining red horns, Tsumi felt extreme relief spread around her body. 

It’s fine now.

Because it was Amon, her God.

Then Amon, the white phoenix, raised his hand in the air as metal so hot that it was red, melting slowly, came flying to his hand. He channelled his healing fire to the object as it slowly stopped melting and even started to go back to its previous state, in the state of Kiyu. 

The talking sword then enlarged, becoming large enough to fit Amon’s current size.

‘Did he just heal an intimate object?’

The question popped up in Tsumi’s mind as she looked around her. Surely, the ground engulfed with white fire was changing. It was stitching itself back to its original state, defying reality. Most of the island was blown to ashes, and even that ash was vaporised, so it couldn't be healed, but the remaining parts were stitching themselves together. 

Tsumi also noticed the white sphere covering the entire place. It awfully looked like the Room of Op-Op fruit, something that she witnessed herself before in a video recorded by a Dial.

But it was white… just like the fire. It was also spewing healing flame from the sky every now and then as well. 

This was a Healing Room.

Tsumi’s attention was immediately brought back to Amon as he spoke.

You.” His loud, echoing voice flowed through the entire skypiea, as he pointed his sword at the blue sea below. “You are dead.

The world shook as Amon simply slashed his sword in the open space. Instead of an attack, as she expected, the space simply cut to reveal the Door Dimension where she has been before. Then with a single swipe of Amon’s hand, all the remaining pieces of Skypiea and Shandora’s lands and people flew inside the crack in space.

Tsumi also got swept in, and from inside she saw Amon wait on the outside for a second, seemingly meeting someone’s gaze from thousands of miles away, before he also slid inside. 

The moment the gate closed, Tsumi and everyone else froze in time.

—★—

Amon didn’t know Imu was spying on him, even though he had guessed so many times before. 

That guess never made true since no matter how much he planned against the world government, even openly just the test, they rarely countered his plans. If Imu truly was spying on him, he would have warned his own subordinates, right?

Apparently not.

Imu was watching him, for who knows how long, but he didn’t care to warn his own people about the danger Amon was brewing. He was just that arrogant.

At least he was cautious to hide the multiple devil-fruit surgery, if not, if he knew about exactly what fruit Amon had, he might not have lived even with the Phoenix fruit… 

But nothing of that mattered right now.

【I am sorry, master… but I am currently very weak.】

His sword, Kiyu, muttered to him.

【I might lose consciousness anytime, which would cause the Door Dimension to crumble and eject everyone out, so I hope you finish things quickly.】

He absent-mindedly nodded in reply. 

Amongst the fifty-plus thousand people present in Angel Island and Shandora, only a few hundred survived. Here, strength didn’t matter, they were simply lucky.

Amon felt great relief knowing Isa was in Amazon Lily with Hancock. Other than that, amongst the Sins, Yona and Wyper were safe because they were out. Yamato was safe too, she was with Hancock as well. But…

Tsumi was barely alive, before the healing started, her body below her breasts were missing entirely. Urouge on the other hand was… dead. Just dead. Urouge was below an artificial fountain, and he died the moment the beam of light hit the place. There was no way to help him anymore.

He had not only lost 50 thousand soldiers and people, but also a valuable Sin…

Before entering this dimension, Amon has sent three of his clones to protect Amazon Lily, New Thriller Bark, and Alabasta against a possible attack as well.

With a deep sigh, Amon slumped down beside the… body on the ground.

Raki was there. Everything but her head was… missing from her body. Her eyes were closed and that lovely smile was still present on her face.

Amon’s expression was cold and his eyes were calm. He stared at the girl he’s been saying he loved for the past 2 days lay down, dead.

Raki… was dead. Dead.

Amon survived even after his barrier broke. Apparently, the awakening condition for Phoenix fruit was to… die. Marco couldn’t awaken the fruit in his life because he never died in his life. The one time he died, he was restrained with sea-stone cuffs, so the fruit couldn't even activate. But at Amon’s time, it activated. It worked, and Amon returned from the dead, rising from his ashes.

He doubted if it would happen again, it was most likely a one-time thing. But… technically this was his 3rd life now. 

As a payment of another chance… he could only protect Raki’s head from getting vaporised.

Was this his karma for being a bastard?

If so, “It’s laughable.”

With his voice deep and calm, Amon turned his head to one part of the broken island. Just minutes ago, it was the base of Seraph. Seraph was mostly destroyed too, but he knew she would stay in service as long as even a part of her stayed intact, and right there such a part was present. Though obviously, she'd be much much less helpful than before.

But he didn’t want to talk to Seraph right now, though. Instead, he walked there slowly, entering the room, and then walked out with a woman beside him. 

Raki.

Or to be more precise, a mindless clone of hers.

Kiyu had allowed the clone to move in this Dimension, and she easily walked beside Amon as both of them reached Raki’s dead body, or rather, her dead head.

Amon stared at Raki’s face for a long time before smiling. He then spread his palm out.

Room!

The white sphere covering the entire place withdrew back to his palm. He clasped his palm close and then parted it again.

Room!

This time, a blue sphere opened around the place, just enough to cover the small piece of land Amon was standing with the two Rakis.

Previously, he was using a different variant of Room. He was mixing his awakened Phoenix fruit’s white flame with it, which turned the room’s sphere into white and also started to heal everything inside the room. It should gradually be able to heal all the people alive, but it’s no good for the people already dead.

For that, he needed the normal room.

Law’s 11-years of experience with the fruit was boosted further with Amon’s lightning-fast brain and his own share of medical expertise. Using it… he used the technique that would revive Raki.

Before that, he muttered in his mind as if to hypnotise himself,

‘It takes a few minutes for a devil fruit to reincarnate after the eater is killed, considering that… it should be the same with human souls. Only a few minutes later after death should the soul leave their bodies. It’s even scientifically proven that a human brain stays awake minutes after the body’s death. In that case, if Raki still has her soul…’

Amon took in a breath and his spread-out palm’s fingers moved.

“Shambles: Jinkaku Ishoku Shujutsu!”

A pink animated heart popped out of the dead Raki’s skull, and at the same time, the same happened to the clone. In a quick motion, the two hearts drove towards each other's hosts guided by Amon’s fingers and sunk in their bodies.

This was the technique that can swap souls. 

The dead Raki didn’t react and stayed the same, but the clone Raki… or rather the brand new real Raki’s eyes sprung open as she staggered and gasped for breath.

Black eyes, no more golden, stared at Amon as he felt anger brew up in his heart, anger for Imu. But he suppressed it as relief flooded in with a huge breath.

“W-where is this?” Raki stuttered, confused. “Weren’t we sleeping? What’s happening, brother-”

She almost tripped behind her, her body also not as strong as before, but Amon caught her and gave her a soft smile.

“Welcome back. Everything’s fine, I am here.”

He brought her in a cosy hug as Raki blinked in confusion.

She was alive. Back to normal… not as good as new, but that can be fixed easily.

At the same time, Amon clenched his teeth… as he set a new target for someone to kill. Someone dared to not only attack but also kill him and Raki when his guard was down.

Imu must pay.

**

**

**

9