Chapter 269
428 1 9
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Chapter 269

Luffy was rushing at him in the air, out of the island, at a speed that didn't make sense.

Dragon tried to follow, but Amon threw a few clones at him to keep the guy busy.

Both Amon and Luffy soon reached the edge of the atmosphere, as the rubber man kicked the sky while Amon flew simply.

He couldn't reach his top speed, the reason being the concept of 'Time' was being stretched and lengthened. That's why it took him more time than ever to fly to this spot.

Luffy on the other hand had gotten a massive speed boost, just like Garp's silver armament. Just that Luffy was faster. Either because of his bullshit devil fruit or because his silver haki was Conquerors Coating, not armament.

"You killed Ace!" Luffy yelled as he jumped in the air. "Then you did that to Nami!" He cried again. "Then you killed Grandpa, and now you killed Shanks!!!"

His silver eyes looked at Amon’s soul. "I will never forgive you!!"

'I never asked for your forgiveness, tch.'

Amon clicked his tongue. "Be grateful I haven't gone and hunted all your Crew Mates one by one." He had only gotten Alice and Bartolomew. "And shut the fuck up."

He raised his palm at Luffy before he fired an explosion using his Bomb-Bomb fruit.

Luffy dodged by kicking the air as he yelled. "No use! We have almost the same speed, give or take."

'Bullshit.'

Amon raised his hand again and a blast of plasma left it.

Luffy dodged again.

Now that Amon was the one seeing his opponents dodge, he realised how annoyed his older enemies must have felt.

But it mattered not.

"Luffy." Amon loosened his shoulders a bit. "I am sure you were informed about my powers before coming here. So you know about my multiple fruits?"

Luffy didn't answer and instead rushed ahead to attack Amon.

"I don't want to talk to you!"

Amon chuckled at that. As Luffy's punch came closer to Amon's face at a speed that was terribly fast, Amon raised his hand. "Here, do you recognise this?"

A green barrier popped up in thin air as it blocked Luffy's attack with obvious ease.

Luffy's eyes went wide. "Y-you said you didn't hurt my friends!"

Amon chuckled coldly. "Oh dear, I didn't know he was your friend. My bad."

Luffy yelled aloud again, throwing a punch at Amon's smirking face, but another barrier appeared and blocked the attack.

"Tch, poor guy kept saying how you'll avenge him before his death. But look at you now, his own power is defending me from you." Amon said, sounding like a classic villain who's about to be defeated.

The difference was, Amon was doing it deliberately to piss Luffy off and see what was the chosen one's breaking point.

"Sad, very sad."

Luffy's arm stretched and attacked from all sides. But… Amon's speed might have been reduced, but he was still the man with the strongest Observation Haki. He easily dodged all the attacks.

"Oh my, you can't touch me?" Amon snickered. "Why don't you ask the world for a bit more power? Or is it not capable of lending you more?"

"What the hell are you talking about?!" 

Luffy yelled again, and Amon clicked his tongue.

"Oh well, conversing with you isn't that fun. Dumbass."

Then Amon pointed his finger at Luffy and fired a beam of Plasma from his fingertips.

Luffy couldn't dodge because of the close distance.

Shockingly, the beam bounced off his silver body.

Amon whistled, dodging another of Luffy's attacks. Certainly, with how he had absorbed Kaido, Shirahoshi, the new Roger Pirates, and some other strong people's Haki over the past year, it was surprising that Luffy's bullshit plot-armament could just bounce it off…

But then again, he was the world's favourite.

 Expressionlessly, Amon pointed his finger at Luffy again, firing another beam of superheated light. Except this time, it was also boosted by Pika-Pika no Mi.

"More-More: 100 times."

The next beam was 100-times hotter than last time, boosted by Amon's More-More Fruit.

The finger thin beam that was hotter than the sun's surface, enhanced further with Amon's Conqueror's Haki, dug into Luffy's chest as the rubber boy's eyes widened in terror and shock.

 "Y-you..." He still managed to speak through.

'What a monster.'

Amon chuckled before a dozen more hands popped up from his back, via his Mochi-Mochi no Mi.

"You shouldn't have left your daddy's Observation Haki."

The dozens of hands pointed at Luffy as well, as Amon started to fire beams of plasma into Luffy's silver-coated body.

Even as Luffy tried to dodge, and counter by attacking Amon, the beams simply penetrated his body with their sheer heat.

'It isn't exactly a 'battle' as long as I can land hits.' He would have killed himself with his own hands if he couldn't claim that even with a dozen devil fruits in his arsenal.

With dozens of holes, the kid chosen by the world itself still stood alive. He was shaking even as he jumped in the air, his balance clearly shaken off, but he wasn't dead.

Amon's face was neutral as he then unsheathed his sword and rushed at Luffy at a speed that the rubber boy should be able to dodge.

That is—if he wasn't riddled with a dozen holes, while more beams burrowed themselves into his body each second.

Luffy raised his arms in a defensive posture, even as Amon's sword moved from in front of him and went behind his head. With a powerful slash of his sword, which was coated in Conqueror's Haki and 100x hotter plasma, Luffy's body gave in, as the sword phrased through his neck and severed his body in two.

Immediately, the suppression of space and time lifted from Amon's shoulders and the bright white sky returned to its usual blue.

He didn't let the body fall in the sea below. Who knows what bullshit plot armour will heal the kid? He instead opened a gate to the Door Dimension before throwing the separated body in there, where the body froze in time.

Amon dusted off his hands and started to watch through his clones' eyes.

On the island, Dragon felt the moment Luffy died, so he was about to teleport and escape. Amon had no way to stop him.

"Farewell, Amon." Dragon, dodging one of his clones' attacks, spoke. "Looks like I gotta prepare a bit longer before I face you again."

He didn't have the expression of a father who had just learned his son had died, he instead looked like a politician who failed to get elected in an election that he’d participate in at a later date.

Casually, he opened a portal and tried to teleport away. 

Amon tried everything, pushing his Haki on the man to suppress his devil fruit, opening a Room of OP-OP no Mi, and many more. But his «Future Sight» showed, he couldn't stop Dragon from escaping in any of his tries.

In the end, he clicked his tongue. He might not be able to kill him right here, but he at least had a technique that'll injure him even as he escaped in the slowed-down world.

All the Amons put their hands on the ground, pushing their Haki into the island as he chanted in his mind.

'More-More: One Hundred Times Explosion!'

Using his Bomb-Bomb fruit to explode the island, he increased the power of it with his More-More fruit. 

First, light shone before there was a brilliant explosion, which took the entire island off the map in seconds.

The real Amon watched the mushroom cloud from far, as he sighed in annoyance.

"Tch. Annoying Devil fruit."

"Is it now?"

"...?!"

Amon's body froze as he heard a voice, not belonging to anyone he has ever met, come from his back.

"Are you looking for this?"

An arm covered in white robes presented something in front of him with hands clad in white gloves.

"Annoying, you say? He was pretty weak, in my opinion."

The severed head of Monkey D. Dragon, wearing a shocked expression, stared at Amon from the gloved hand.

Amon teleported away from his spot immediately and stood metres away from the spot.

He stood, opposite the being clad in a white robe, face clad in a white mask, and wearing a golden crown that had incredibly tall spikes.

"Hello there." He spoke, sounding a bit stiff as if he hasn't spoken much for a long time. "They call me Imu-sama… Well, they used to."

'How the fuck did he come out?!'

Amon stared at the figure with caution.

**

**

**

Author's Note: The big man is here.

9