Chapter 2: Life at IB
37 0 1
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

"Hey! Watch where you are going!" Some dude yelled while running into me.

College has been tough. Not only have I not made any real friends, I have also been on a decline in all of my classes. The friends, I have now at university are completely different from my friends from high school because all of their focus are on studies and how much money each one has. None of them want to do any sports or act in drama clubs. The clubs do exist, but not many students are doing anything fun because of the fact that the university is solely founded on academics and education. There are actually more students in research clubs than the sports and cultural clubs combined. All sorts of research clubs exist as well.

They are the Geotecture Research Club,

the Geology Research Club,

the Calculus Shortcuts Research Club,

the Geometric Shapes and Figures Research Club,

the Stats and Surveys Research Club,

the Political Sciences Research Club,

the Alternate History Research Club,

the Occult Research Club,

the Satanist Research Club,

the Natural Disaster Prevention Research Club,

the Environmentalist Research Club,

the Cure for Cancer Research Club,

the World Hunger End Research Club,

the Water Crisis Research Club,

the Climate Change Research Club,

the Poverty Bottom Line Research Club,

and the Special Needs Research Club.

There are so many more research clubs that are also not being funded. This includes the Gaming Research Club, the Sports Research Club, and the Language Research Club. I have joined one of these research clubs, and most of the time, the club members just study or research a topic in the category to present to the president of the club and add it to the presentation they have every year at the end of the school year. There has been one or two conversations during club meetings because most of the time is dedicated to the club members presenting their findings. 

As I head back to the dorm, my Peer Adviser called out to me, "Could you help me with these boxes, Izan?"

"Sure. Where do we need to go?"

"Up the stairs and into the Lounge Room on the second floor. You know where that is right?"

"Yeah, no problem."

I brought all of the boxes up into lounge room, and I can predict that a social event will be taking place here soon. Social events are fun, but here at IB, they are just more study halls to me. I went up to my room afterwards. My phone suddenly vibrates. I don't remember putting this number in here. The contact name is Menhit. I suddenly got a text from them.

It read, "Hows your year been going? Are you having fun?"

Is this another one of the weirdos from club? The ones that pretend to be a god of war or something because they know a lot of intelligent facts about that god or something similar like how that god is praised.

"Must be very lonely without your friends, right?"

How does this person know that I miss my friends?

"Do you wish to see them, perhaps?"

Maybe that would be nice to see them again, but how? I would need to travel over three hundred miles to get back home. On second thought, I'm not missing them that badly. Plus I need to work on my studies first.

I responded, "No, I am fine staying right here."

After a few seconds have gone by, I received another text from the same number.

"I'm not giving you a choice."

I felt the room shaking as if there was an earthquake happening. I also see that my vision is slowly turning into spirals. Is this what acid feels like? The colors are also going all over the place and then suddenly, everything stops. My vision is dark. I cannot feel any sensations on any part of my body. I am paralyzed in the dark with no vision and no sounds can be heard. I cannot voice my thoughts either.

It is just ... dark.

 

1