Assassins
62 0 1
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

King Arthur was sitting in his study room immersed in his work, the time was already past midnight but he was still busy and showed no signs of stopping. It was a habit he got during his years at the magical academy, he would never go to sleep if he was not sure that he has finished all his work. After a couple of hours he finished and while stretching his eyes fell on his father's portrait.

'Sigh, father I miss you, why did you have to be hot-blooded like our kin, I told you to be careful but you didn't listen and now I am an orphan from a father as well.' Arthur got up, went to the mini-bar, and took a bottle of whiskey and a glass. He poured down enough whiskey to fill the glass and sipped from it while thinking about his father and mother. He never really got an answer from his father about his mother but from what he deduced she was already dead since his father cried every night calling a woman's name. The only thing his father told him was that his mother was not a beastman but a human, who was also his companion during his younger years when he was an adventurer, honing his skills.

'Well, with the mind I have and the shrewdness, it was to be expected that I am not a normal beastman, still, it was a shock the first time I heard it because relationships between different species are forbidden, not that I care though.'

Arthur is a rare case of a beastman, because he has a mana affinity, and coupled with his dislike for close-combat he was destined to become a magician, and he became a strong one as well. Many nobles and even the king of the human kingdom wanted him to become their personal mage but he declined every offer he was given with the excuse that he was the crown prince. His affinity is space, a rare affinity, that many thought doesn't have much of a use, but he proved them wrong. In his first year, he designed new space magic called Inventory where he could store an infinite amount of things, in his second and third years he managed to create a technique that slashes space itself and he also achieved teleportation with the drawback that he has to have been there first in order for it to work. 

While reminiscing about the past the windows of his room shattered and 3 masked men broke into it. He was taken aback at first but quickly found his composure and space slashed the assassin at the right, him falling down dead. The other 2 assassins didn't even glance at their comrade and rushed to attack Arthur. Arthur teleported to the dead guy, grabbed his weapon, a dagger, and teleported again behind one of the two assassins and stabbed him in the heart, killing him. The last guy seemed like a magic swordsman since he had a flaming scimitar as a weapon and was ready to slash him but Arthur teleported away while grabbing his father's sword that he had put as a memento in this room and with one more teleportation he slashed the neck of his enemy, cutting his head off.

 

1