The truth
52 0 1
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

After he finished killing the assassins, the door of his study room burst open, and in came the captain of his guards.

''Are you okay my king? Or should I say why are you alive?'' The captain said smirking, while a dark aura emanated from him.

''Are you the mastermind behind this attack?'' Arthur said with a straight face, no change of emotion could be detected, but he was very angry right now.

''Of course not, I will tell you who the mastermind is just because you are gonna be dead afterward and won't be able to change anything. The mastermind is the devil king of Thanatica, he is also the reason your 'dear' father is dead right now, he died by my hand, and I enjoyed the betrayed look that piece of trash gave me.'' The captain said and started laughing loudly.

''Well, I shall thank you for the information you gave me by granting you a quick death.'' Having finished saying his piece Arthur teleported in front of the captain and slashed the void, effectively cutting the guard's head.

Having killed the assailant Arthur got out of the study room and was greeted by his unconscious guards, proof that they had nothing to do with the betrayal of their captain. With a kick, he woke them up and ordered them to clean up the room, while he went to take a bath.

Having arrived there he got naked and while he was dozing off because of the heat, he started thinking about the things the previous captain told him. The king of Thanatica had instigated the death of his father, and today he tried to assassinate him. He would make sure that he pays doubly for his actions in the future, but right now he needed to focus on his plans for the upcoming days.

'One problem I faced in the fight was the fact that I did not have my own weapon and my expertise at close combat is nonexistent because of my aversion. I believe it is time I start practicing close combat, only for emergencies, but still, this incident led me to understand that close combat is necessary if I don't want to die. The other thing that bothers me is that if I start a war with the devils, I will not be able to avoid the many casualties that will come with it, so I need a way to minimize my losses, and I think this needs me to achieve a higher level in my space magic in order to be able to fully utilize 'that' spell, even though I didn't want to use it this early on.'

The following days, Arthur trained day in and day out not only in his magic abilities but also in close combat, where he chose to wield a claymore since it suits his height quite well. After a week he managed to breakthrough in his magic, reaching the rank of an Archmage and being able to properly wield the most lethal spell he thought of during his study years. The spell is called Meteor transfer and it is a bit complicated, but in simple words, it allows him to open a gate in the sky, from which comes a rain of small meteors. With this spell, his next conquest will be quite easier and less bloody for his country at least.

In close combat, he took advantage of his race's special trait that allows them to double their training speed, a trait that led his race to the crown, and right now he is as good as the guards he had guarding him before. With this much improvement, he was now finally ready to begin his plan in order to go to war with the devils.

1