Ch 62 – Our Army
3.3k 7 164
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

'Where are we even going...?' Mary thought to herself as she sneaked through the forest after the girls. It hadn't been long, but she felt a shiver run down her spine as she walked deeper into the forest. Not only were they walking straight into it, the girls seemed to know very well where they were going.

"Strange..." Mary muttered to herself as she followed them deeper, until the forest widened into a small clearing.

She could see the two girls standing there. A strange coldness assaulted her as she watched from behind a tree.

'Who are they talking to?' She asked herself, only able to see the two of them. Her curiosity was consuming her. 'Who are these two talking to in the middle of the forest, hidden from everyone else? Could it be they are plotting something?' She wondered in silence, watching the two talk to someone she couldn't see without exposing herself. While deciding whether to come out or go back, Mary felt a cold hand on her shoulder.

She looked down towards it, only to see a hand comprised of human bones.

"HYAAAAAAAAA!!" She creamed, jumping from behind the tree towards the floor, looking back towards where she came. A single skeleton stood there, behind the tree she was hiding a second back.

"U-undead..." She whispered in fear, before turning herself towards Necro and Ace. Necro was normal, but Ace looked very surprised, but that's not the most important thing... In front of the two, over a dozen undead stood. Among them, two such high tiered undead Mary wasn't sure they could defeat even with the whole group together, let alone the three of them.

Her eyes widened as she saw the gigantic Boneclaw in the shape of a wolf laid on the floor near the girls.

Mary stood up, still in shock, and turned around to run away, but a small hand grabbed hers.

"Let me go! I need to go call help!"

"Mary, stop."

"You don't understand! We need help, we're all gonna die!"

"MARY, STOP!"

"Eh?!" Mary suddenly paused as she heard Necro yelling at her from behind, holding her hand. "But these are dangerous! We need to call help from the guild and the church to-"

"Mary, relax, it's ok." Necro pulled her hand down, forcing her to lean, and gave Mary a kiss on the lips. "It's ok. They are friends."

"Friends?!" Necro's kiss called her down enough to allow them to have a conversation, but not enough for her to simply swallow this. "They are undead! High-tier undead! They are an enemy of humanity! They'll kill everything they see in their path!"

"Does it really look like it?" Necro turns around as she says this, still holding Mary's hand. Behind her, Ace was patting the head of the giant wolf-like undead. She turns back towards Mary, asking once again. "Do you still think so?"

"I..." Mary freezes for a second, trying to understand what's going on. "Are you guys..."

"No, Ace has nothing to do with it, she just knew about it already." Necro anticipates Mary's question. It didn't really matter to have a bit of a misunderstanding here... But if she wasn't able to calm her down, Necro would have no other choice.  Making sure she wouldn't freak out and blace Ace was key to avoid a bad outcome.

"So... It is you? You're a dark magician!?" Mary asked, in shock.

"Yes." And Necro only gave a dry response.

"You mean, you are a Necromancer!?"

"Yes, I am."

"You mean, you are dealing with these monsters!?" Mary raised her tone.

"Eh... Not really, I'm not exactly dealing with them."

"What do you mean you're not dealing with them!? Then what the hell is happening here?!" Mary was confused, Them dealing with undead was obvious from what she could see, they were clearly talking about something.

"It's not like I have to deal with them, they are mine."

"Huh?!" Mary froze as she heard words that were impossible to believe. How could she "own'' such powerful undead?! What kind of monster would she have to be to actually be that powerful? But rather, instead of that...

Mary fell to her knees, crying.

"Why didn't you tell me? Why only her? Why didn't you trust me?" The reason was something that left even Necro confused.  She just stared at her, dumbfounded, without knowing what to say or do. She had prepared herself to calm down an angry Mary, not a crying one.

"Calm down, I had planned to tell you eventually. It was just too early."

"Too early for what?! I already gave you everything! You even asked me to become your knight, yet you didn't trust me!" Mary cried out loud in between sobs. It had never dawned on Necro that she'd have such deep feelings already.

'Ah... It's probably because of earlier...' Necro thought as she recalled her crying fit earlier today when she provoked her. 'It's my fault then...'

"Come here, I'm sorry..." Necro walked towards her, hugging her while pressing her face against her thighs. "It's fine now, I was just afraid you'd not accept me if you knew..."

"Heh." Hearing those words, Mary's tears stopped as she looked up towards Necro. "Of course I would! I accept you no matter what!" Mary stood up, grabbing Necro's face and giving her a long kiss.

"I'm happy to hear that." Necro smiled as they parted the kiss, thinking of how cute Mary could be.

"But are you sure this is safe? Like, they are really under you?"

"Are you doubting me?" Necro teased her.

"No! No, I'm just... It's just I never thought someone could control such strong undead." Necro held herself from giggling as she stared at Mary quickly making up an excuse.

"It's fine." Necro snapped her fingers, making over a dozen skeletons emerge from behind the trees, including the one Mary hid behind. "These are our army."

164