Chapter 3 – Live streaming of the cannibalism
271 5 11
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

XG 3 - Live streaming of the cannibalism

 

Opening her chat interface, she asked where her father was now, and what happened. She does not want to disturb her mother in case she was driving the car herself. Her father had hired a private female driver for her mother, but she disliked using the driver and preferred to drive herself. 

 

In the end, the driver was lent to Wong Xue Guo to send and pick her up from school.

 

She also sent a message to a person on her contact list, telling him that her mother will pick her up and closed the chat page without waiting for a reply. Nurul Hanani and Low Lin Ya might have told him that she left, but he might have thought too much and assumed she was tricked by a kidnapper or something. 

 

She went back to stare at the chat page with her father, which showed the message was successfully sent out by the one tick beside her message box. It then displayed the second tick, indicating that the message was received by the other party. Both ticks barely turned blue color from their previously grey shade when her phone vibrated energetically.

 

It was an incoming call from her father.

 

She had thought she would be ignored, as per usual, so why the sudden call?

 

Luckily, she had not switched her phone from vibration to sound setting to avoid getting captured by teachers in school, allowing her to keep her lie of having stomach pain intact. 

 

Keeping her voice down, she answered the phone. "Hello?"

 

"Where are you?" Her father's smoothly deep, velvet voice that would be popular in the dubbing industry travelled into her ears. His tone was cold and detached from emotion, yet this type was somehow popular nowadays. 

 

Strangely, there was a loud, spinning sound coming from his other end. Was he inside a helicopter?

 

"The ladies."

 

"...Shopping mall?"

 

Looks like her mother had kept her father up to date with their daughter's itinerary. She had thought they never bothered, unless necessary. Darn, her father must have been involved with a very serious problem this time.

 

Is he involved in illegal drugs?!

 

Wong Xue Guo was no longer an eleven-year-old girl who regarded her parents to be faultless and perfect in everything. 

 

She decided to stop the time-wasting question-and-answer session, or else her father will get annoyed for wasting his time. "Mother is coming for me."

 

"Any weapon on hand?"

 

Wong Xue Guo eyed the umbrella resting on her leg. She had not even ripped off the plastic covering yet. "... Does an umbrella count as one?" 

 

"Passable," answered her demanding father. Someone was speaking to him from the background, something like they will be setting off. "Rip apart the umbrella, keep the ribs and shaft. Remember, stab their heart until the tip of your weapon emerges at the other end. Listen to your mother and don't run around to be a hero."

 

What the bloody fuck?!

 

But her father had already ended the call, leaving her in confusion and suspense. Was her father teaching her how to kill those people that will be coming for her? Did he not care about the law anymore?!

 

Her phone vibrated, and she saw it was a notification that Low Lin Ya had started a live stream on Instagram. Was she not supposed to be watching the movie with others? She was not the type to live stream in the cinema while the movie was ongoing.

 

Tapping her finger on her knee, her nerves tight with tension, she clicked on the notification that will directly bring her to the live stream. She will just watch for a bit what the content was.

 

The video was shot at the place right at the exit of the cinema, which means Low Lin Ya had left without watching the movie till the end. But what made Wong Xue Guo's hair stand was the protagonists of the live streaming.

 

A skeleton-thin woman was grabbing onto a crying girl that was screaming for help. No, the skeleton woman was not grabbing, but gnawing onto the crying girl’s bloody arm like a savage dog. 

 

...What the bloody fuck, Low Lin Ya! Why are you still streaming instead of running? ((╬◣﹏◢))

 

Pulling out her second mobile phone from her sling bag, she keeps the first mobile connected to the live streaming of the cannibalism going on. She had two mobile phones, with the second one used for gaming, and fortunately had its own SIM card that allowed her to make and receive calls.

 

The saying of students who studied in private schools usually came from rich families has its own truth. Parents will want their children to receive the best education, but what made the final decision was the money they had allotted for their children's education. Private schools’ fees and school uniforms were more expensive than public schools. 

 

Silently scolding Low Lin Ya that was still standing there filming, she dialled Nurul Hanani's number, hoping she was not beside Low Lin Ya and foolishly watching the egg turning bad together!

 

Alas, her hope was not meant to be fulfilled.

 

"Guo Guo, are you back home?" Nurul Hanani asked as soon as the line connected. Wong Xue Guo could hear loud noises coming from her end, including panicked screams. Low Lin Ya’s voice that was asking if this was real could be heard as well.

 

"Hani, get out of there!" Wong Xue Guo yelled. "Leave the idiot Low Lin Ya if she doesn't want to leave and just go!"

 

Wong Xue Guo and Low Lin Ya had known each other for five years as classmates, but their friendship took a long time before it started to grow, as both of them were almost polar opposites in their attitudes and interest. Then Nurul Hanani enrolled in their school and joined them to be a trio, acting as the glue. However, Wong Xue Guo has a closer relationship with Nurul Hanani, who shared common interests with her.

 

In her heart, Nurul Hanani was more important than Low Lin Ya. If she could not choose both, at least have Nurul Hanani survive this!

 

"I can't leave without… Lin Ya, stop recording! Let's go!" Nurul Hanani's voice as she spoke to Low Lin Ya was one of fear, yet she did not leave her friend alone.

 

“Just a bit!” Low Lin Ya said excitedly, as this was the first time her streaming has this large number of viewers!

 

“For fuck sake, Hani, just drag Lin Ya away!” Wong Xue Guo yelled over the phone, but her two friends were awestruck with what they were seeing.

 

Most of the comments in the live stream were asking if this was an act, while some caught on that this was the latest contagious disease announced in the news. Some comments egged Low Lin Ya to get closer, which invited hatred from the sensible watchers.

 

The live stream continues recording the woman that was biting the girl, with no one reaching out to help the poor girl. But the woman was no longer biting and had changed to eating the younger girl’s flesh, something the news had omitted from showing. The government must have cut off the final part of the videos to keep the public calm.

 

Wong Xue Guo felt her body go cold as she watched the woman fiercely rip apart the girl's flesh from her arm and swallow it down hungrily. The crying girl struggled to crawl away, but the woman was strong, keeping her in place. The monster finally bites down the girl’s neck after losing interest in her food’s badly torn arm.

 

Shit! Eating humans was much more terrifying than biting! 

 

But what was more terrifying, until Wong Xue Guo's hands started shaking, was that the girl being eaten had stopped moving after a large chunk of her neck was ripped off. It was impossible for her to survive that. Yet not long after, her body started to twitch, similar to a dead body seemingly moved from rigour mortis, only that the twitching gradually became intense. 

 

"Hani, just go! Let her die if she wants to! Go before that crazy woman change target!" Wong Xue Guo yelled when she saw the woman stop eating the spasming girl, whose flesh was shrinking fast at a speed where naked eyes could see.

 

Just as she finished saying that, the woman turned her head in the direction of the camera, revealing her bloody mouth and shrunken face to the audience.

 

There should be quite a number of onlookers that had stayed to watch the cannibal show because she could hear different voices screaming as the woman, whose hair had increasingly gone white since the start of the live stream, charged towards them like someone without any sign of being clear-minded. 

 

“Hani! Lin Ya!” Wong Xue Guo screamed just as the live stream abruptly ended when the screen showed that the phone had dropped to the floor. The call to Nurul Hanani was also abruptly cut off, and she hoped her friend had run away quickly.

 

Even if she was not at that place, it still scared Wong Xue Guo so much that she looked up from the phone and gazed around her peaceful cubicle. There was no one other than her inside the washroom now. If it was not because she knew that this video was real, it could be passed off as a horror film. 

  

Shit, she was scared shitless! Even her back was covered with sweat!

 

Wong Xue Guo had entertained the idea of going out to help her friends, but it was only for a few seconds. Growing up, she learned to be a person that loves herself second, with her parents first. She hardly helped others, unless it benefited her, and preferred to be a lone wolf than be a social bee that would always have her end up tired at the end of the day. 

 

That was why her circle of friends was pitifully low. 

 

 

In the face of danger, will you charge out to rescue your friend?
  • Yes Votes: 10 33.3%
  • No Votes: 20 66.7%
Total voters: 30
11