Chapter 36 – Check for bite marks
31 0 4
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

XG 36 - Check for bite marks

 

“It will be safer if we group up. The bodyguards had handled most of the intruders that showed themselves.”

 

There was no way for Wong Xue Guo to speak, as the first word she tried to utter immediately increased the pain in her throat. Not only that, even her head ached from her try. Her red eyes once again flowed out tears.

 

“You could write down what you want to say,” Chen Yibo suggested after seeing her in difficulty. Unfortunately, there was no mini-fridge in the bedroom so that the ice could ease some of her pain. Surprisingly health-conscious, Suzie Yap never allowed her husband and daughter to indulge in cold drinks.

 

Wong Xue Guo was not the person that would ransack other people’s property, but she had to excuse herself this time. Her mobile phone charging in her room so she could not use the convenience of typing. Fortunately for her, she does not need to poke her nose into her parent’s privacy as there was a small desk for writing, with pens and blank papers sitting on the surface. 

 

[Is there anything special about the intruders?]

 

Chen Yibo’s expression turned weird. “They are indeed a little strange. One of them could move faster than our eyes could follow. Another has very tough hair that could move by his command and lengthen them by will.”

 

Wong Xue Guo could not resist her subconscious reaction and shivered at the thought of her fate if Chen Yibo had not come in time. The pink-clothed woman might be that pink butterfly she had seen in the bathroom. Was she a shapeshifter?

 

The image of Nurul Hanani rose in her mind and she thought of a forbidding idea. 

 

Putting away her sword after wiping it with a bunch of tissue, she kneeled beside the female corpse and placed a finger under her nose. Then a hand was placed on the bleeding chest, checking on the condition of her heart. Confirmed that the corpse was really a corpse, she proceeds in disrobing the corpse.  

 

Chen Yibo’s eyes twitched at her tomb raiding behaviour. “What are you doing?” 

 

Wong Xue Guo’s intention should not be to search for clues when she removed every piece of clothing from the corpse. He shifted until he faced the wall, not looking at the improper scene.

 

Her hands were busy removing the clothes and she did not stop even for a while to write an explanation to Chen Yibo. Stretching out a hand, she tugged his shirt and mimics the action of biting at him. But it was a cute mimic, with her gesture purposely soften to avoid moving her neck.  

 

“...Bite mark?”

 

With him getting her meaning, Wong Xue Guo returned to her task and instantly feel the need to wash her eyes after this. Her pure eyes were tortured seeing the tiny pink pieces of clothing the intruder used as underwear. This butterfly lady must have loved pink very much.

 

“Why bite marks?”

 

Wong Xue Guo ignored the question, eyes focusing on spotting any scars or wounds on the corpse. Yesterday was her first experience of seeing real corpses and zombies. Today she took a step further by touching and inspecting a mostly naked corpse. She was pretty unnerved, but the desire to know the truth helped to push the discomfort away.

 

Her eyes attentively checked the corpse, where the second most noticeable wound was the long slash on her upper arm done by her. The first position was given to the bullet wounds decorated on the chest area. She counted that there were six bullets, all hit pretty accurately onto her upper torso.

 

Had Chen Yibo taken shooting courses in addition to taekwondo and karate? Does he even have free time left when he still needs to study to maintain his top three ranks of their entire grade in school?

 

Her eyebrows knitted at the strangeness of the corpse. She could see the bullet sticking out on the flesh. With just a little probing from her finger, it could easily fall out. Without a bulletproof vest or thick clothing, it was impossible that the bullets would fail to enter deeper into a person's flesh. The intruder only wore a sports jacket without anything else, other than a skimpy bra on her chest, where its design failed to cover most of her chest, much less the bullet shot area.

 

So why do the bullets fail to sink deeper into her flesh?

 

The hair on her arms raised and she quickly scrambled up to her feet and took two steps back. She hurriedly waved her hands at Chen Yibo and pointed at the corpse once she had gotten his attention. 

 

Wong Xue Guo had even pointed her sword at the dead body, ready to use it on the corpse if she was not actually dead.

 

"What did you see?" Chen Yibo asked as he closed their distance.

 

She hurriedly writes an explanation, her writing crooked. [The bullets! I only saw two bullets unable to pierce deeper into her flesh. I'm not sure if others were the same.]

 

From her words, Chen Yibo knew what to check for and ignored his discomfort of looking at a naked woman and even touched the still-warm body in order to inspect the bullet wounds. 

 

"One of the bullets had hit her heart directly, where the bullet happened to slip between her ribcage. The others were stopped by her bones. We could only confirm it from the X-Ray machine."

 

If the intruder does not have a thin frame where it was easy to look at her bones just from naked eyes, Chen Yibo would not have figured it out. 

 

[Bone strengthening ability? She has the dual ability?] Wong Xue Guo showed what she wrote before remembering the real reason for stripping the corpse. She hastily added another sentence. [Any bite marks on her? Do you see any?]

 

"Before that, do you want to answer the phone first?" Chen Yibo asked, amusement coloured in his tone as he pointed at the side table. 

 

Only then did Wong Xue Guo realize her mother's phone was still ringing, unknown how many times, with her father's voice on repeat. 

 

Wow, she could easily ignore her scary father’s voice!

 

Wong Xue Guo quickly wrote, [I will pick up the call, you check for bite marks.]

 

It was only after she showed the words did she belatedly realize her current injury was not suitable to make a decent conversation, especially towards her father!

 

With wide eyes directed at Chen Yibo, she quickly crumpled the paper she wrote. "No…!"

 

She failed to finish her sentence thanks to her coughing fit, and it made her throat feel like it was burning. At her action of throat clutching, Chen Yibo filled a cup of water for her, which she gratefully accepted.

 

"Drink slowly." Chen Yibo rubbed her back until her coughing was subdued.

 

On the first sip, she nearly let the cup fall to the ground from the kneading pain when she attempted to swallow.

 

Wong Xue Guo felt like a grandma, with her hoarse voice and hunched back from the coughing fit. Annoyed at her throat injury, her footsteps were much heavier when she went to grab her mother's phone and passed it to Chen Yibo.

 

Her annoyed pout was surprisingly animated, which she would never show this side of her to the public. It also included being around Chen Yibo. 

 

A little happy with her trust, Chen Yibo answered the call in speaker mode so that she could listen in. “Mr Wong, this is Chen Yibo. Mrs Wong is unavailable at the moment.”

4