Ch 1: Don’t forget me
204 2 11
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

The sun was bright, joyfully lighting up the world. There were cotton candy clouds drifting lazily, a few birds leisurely glided in the dazzling blue sky, blah blah blah, all the usual on the normal sunny day.

But below, the land was nothing like the calm above. There was a thick fog spinning rapidly from a certain apartment in a certain city in a certain quiet community, creating alarm as neighbours hurried out of the vicinity, wondering if there was a fire.

In actual fact, there was no fire.

There was only Le Lingyan, a fresh graduate at 22, a pale-skinned young man wearing ultra-thick glasses. Oh and, he was also in the said certain apartment in a certain city in a certain quiet community, staring stunned at the white fog enveloping him, originating from his phone.

The white billowing smoke grew increasingly wilder, becoming a force that lifted his body off his bed. But strangely, the smoke passed through everything else. His room was in perfect order, undisturbed.

Soon, the struggling Le Lingyan - twisting strangely in the air like a fish out of water - was carried out of his open window, right into the sky.

Way above the bustle of the city, even above the clouds, the whirlwind sent Le Lingyan’s square glasses flying, exposing the crystal black eyes that had been hidden behind thick lenses all these years. 

He stretched a hand towards it desperately, watching as it spun into the distance, disappearing in the thick fog that had suddenly arisen.

"F–!!" The howling wind covered up all kinds of curses that Le Lingyan let out, bringing his body, small in comparison to the whirlwind, further up.

Eventually, the sheer pressure of high altitudes forced Le Lingyan to pass out.

When he woke up, he was curled up at the base of a colossal tree, shading him from the moonlight, only casting dappled, gentle light on his slightly tattered tee shirt and jeans.

Le Lingyan groaned, stretching his body that felt like he had been smashed against the tree trunk before landing as a hefty potato sack at the base of this tree.

Le Lingyan: …

That's probably exactly what happened.

Placing a hand on the side of his neck, he twisted it with a crack, hissing softly. Patting his face that felt extremely naked without his heavy glasses, he sighed as he recalled his poor companion that had been blown away by the strong wind. 

He looked down. Besides being able to faintly read the print on his shirt, even the logo on his shoes were illegible.

Now, there had to be a reason why Le Lingyan was unnoticeable despite his natural-born outstandingly good looks.

The reason was: Le Lingyan was practically blind without his glasses.

His ridiculously thick lenses had hidden his eyes, or else Le Lingyan would probably have been the school grass¹ throughout his schooling days. With this, no one saw his galactic black eyes; gracefully shaped like peach blossoms, all those years at school. Paired with his taciturn, quiet temperament, nobody bothered and so, nobody found out.

Truly tragic.

Le Lingyan stood up with support of the massive tree behind him, pondering over his current predicament. He was in a foreign place. A forest, to be precise. It was nighttime, and it was dark. He was also blind without his glasses.

Le Lingyan: ……

Guess whatever force had sent him here had really wanted him to die huh!

What kind of unfavourable circumstances were these!! He shouldn’t have asked to be transmigrated!! Now look where it got him!!! QAQ

Le Lingyan exhaled heavily.

Back on Earth, the unpopular and shut-in Le Lingyan had no friends. So, he had been talking about an online novel he recently read, a transmigration novel, to his (only) online friend who happens to have an edgy username.

He had typed a single line and sent it to this good online friend, @SilentSpirit on a popular social media app.

“I wish I could transmigrate.” 

Send.

But immediately as he sent that line, a white fog spilled out of his phone quickly, enveloping him, lifting him up, spinning more and more violently.

And that’s how he ended up here.

Le Lingyan furrowed his brows, dusting off his clothes and unsure of what to do. Suddenly, he heard a leaf crunching softly in the distance, causing him to freeze.

Right. He was in a forest. That meant there would undoubtedly be wild, ferocious, bloodthirsty and hungry animals looking for food.

Le Lingyan was speechless yet again. Imagine being transmigrated, and then dying just five minutes in the new world.

As an avid reader of many transmigration online novels, he would be an utter disgrace!!

Another branch snapped, much closer than before. Le Lingyan tensed up again, looking around despite his appalling vision.

Meanwhile, a man wearing exquisite ancient chinese robes stepped out quietly from between two other immensely tall trees to Le Lingyan’s left, his features devastatingly enchanting. A ghostly wind seemed to blow his blood-red robes, making it flow like liquid in the wind. Combined with the light fog in the forest, he would enrapture anyone who saw him at first glance, disregarding gender.

His flowing red robes gently covered up the ominous black sword jingling quietly and hanging on his belt, shrouding him in further mystery.

The corner of his lips were always slightly hooked up, like he was always amused and smiling gently. His defined eyebrows and straight nose made him highly attractive, along with his long, inky hair in a jade crown. His slanted, foxy eyes hugged sharp silver pupils that slowly glanced around the area, ultimately landing on the calm (actually confused) youth standing alone under a tree, bathed in blue moonlight. 

The youth in strange clothes had peach blossom eyes, misty like he saw many things beyond his reach, making this newcomer feel the urge to pry open his soft-looking lips, spilling all his secrets.

Back to Le Lingyan, he was panicking out of his mind thinking that a predator had caught his scent and found dinner. However, his stone-face, carefully cultivated after years and years of mostly silence, didn’t reveal any of his inner panic.

Another leaf crunched softly nearby.

The red-robed man abruptly appeared in front of Le Lingyan. Alarmed, Le Lingyan looked up at the indistinct red blob in his vision.

Le Lingyan: …??

“Who are you?” The blurry red blob spoke softly.

Ah, it was a person.

Le Lingyan: !!!

It was a person!! How should he reply?! 

Having not spoken to another person face-to-face in a very, very long time, Le Lingyan was understandably nervous. 

So, as he flipped through in his head Social Interaction: Speaking Guide for Society Idiots he once read, he was completely silent. Once again, his facial paralysis kept him almost emotionless.

Being stared so intensely by someone was nothing new to the red robed man. However, these eyes were definitely different from others, not holding a trace of admiration, no smitten and obvious feelings like he was so used to. It had been ages since he found someone capable of fully withstanding his charm.

This young man, how interestingly unreactive. The smile on the face of the man in red stretched further, devilishly dazzling, but still prompted no reaction from the youth in front of him.

Le•Unreactive•Lingyan finally looked fully into the eyes (or at least where he hoped they were) of the blurry red blo– ahem, person. He had finally recalled all the steps in the speaking guide.

'Step one: make and maintain eye contact to promote sincere feelings!’

The red robed man suddenly found that the hazy black eyes he was extremely curious about were meeting his gaze head-on, fearless and pure. The red-robed man was a little taken aback. 

‘Really amazing,’ The man in red thought to himself.

Le•Amazing•Lingyan squinted slightly as he continued thinking, making his already striking eyes curl upwards attractively, giving the illusion that he might be smiling.  

‘Steps two and three: introduce yourself before asking for the other party’s name!’

The pale young man suddenly parted those pink, slightly dry lips. “I am Le Lingyan.” 

A gust of wind then swirled gently through the forest, jostling Le Lingyan’s slightly long hair, pushing it into his face. The gentle wind seemed to carry the soft voice that had just quietly spoken far into the forest. 

His slightly hoarse voice was mellow from unfamiliarity, having not spoken for quite a while.

To the man in red, his voice almost sounded like the soul of the forest was speaking.

‘So beautiful.’ The man in red sighed inwardly.

Le•Beautiful•Lingyan’s heart rate skyrocketed, desperately wishing for nothing more than to dig a hole and bury himself. Why did his voice come out so rough and weird ahHh–!

He then looked at his long bangs that obstructed his (already terrible) vision, hooking it behind his ear in slight annoyance before looking back at the red figure in his line of sight. 

No matter; he had already reached step three, he couldn’t give up now!!

“...What’s your name?”

To the red-robed man, the beautiful young man in front of him had hooked his short hair gently behind his ear, his pure and dark eyes flickering reluctantly away before landing back on him, asking for his name in that soft, sticky voice.

Combo hits, K.O!

The man in red suddenly found that contrary to the usual, he was the one whose breath hitched, a red flush rapidly dying his ears. His heart rate sped up involuntarily, filling him with the unfamiliar feeling of hearing his heart beat so strongly.

“My name…” The man muttered, observing the youth who had successfully piqued his interest. “My name is Ling Mo, Le Lingyan.” 

A flash of unknown emotion flashed through his silver eyes.

“Don’t forget me.”

– ❀ –

[1] School grass: the most attractive male student in school, like how School Flower is for the most attractive female student in the school.

~~

Author's corner:

Le Lingyan: *moves his hair*

Ling Mo: So graceful.

Le Lingyan: *daydreams*

Ling Mo: So ethereal.

Le Lingyan: *confused staring*

Ling Mo: Marry me.

Le Lingyan: ..????

Thanks for reading, hope you'll give it a heart and comment stuff \(´▽`)/

11