Vol. 2 Chapter 24: The Princess Tries to Design an Outfit
2.2k 6 55
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

The day after I requested to have a tailor sent for me, I decided to start sketching the ideal clothes I would use in times of need. The schedule for the tailor’s arrival may have yet to be made, it was still better to get sketching right away. Although I could just have him design it, I think it would be hard for me to explain and describe what I want to him.

Plus, he wouldn’t think that I would need it for fighting, not that I would tell him. I will be spending the night thinking up a design and thus setting aside my nightly training. It’s fine, would do well if I shift my focus to something more pleasant.

Not that I’m saying I enjoy drawing, it was just entertaining to scribble around whatever comes to mind. Needless to say, I’m a pretty good artist. I can pretty much draw from anatomy to landscapes. Although I’m not much into too much detail, just enough and recognizable. That said, I am never into designing clothes, so that might be a bit of a challenge.

Eh, how hard can it be?

I already have a decent quill and ink in my room, so I will only need papers, and I will need a stack of them! I just hope the ink has not dried up in the time they were unused. Well, I have no need to use them in the first place, so yeah… those were there for decorations pretty much.

As we were heading to my bedroom, I asked Vernon to bring me a stack of clean sheets of paper.

Of course, ever curious as he was with me, he raised his eyebrow while asking a question.

“If I may ask, for what purpose would you be using them?”

Understandable that he would be interested in knowing, this was the first-ever I requested for such a thing.

“That’s a secret, so please bring me some.”

I said with a secretive smile, but of course looking adorable as ever.

Vernon left, then shortly I arrived at my room. I urged Mera and Rogan that they can now leave and I’ll wait for Vernon.

“Princess, as long as your business isn’t done, it is my responsibility to keep guarding you until it’s over.”

Was that how it works? Well, fine by me, they can do whatever they want.

“Very well.”

“T-Then I’ll also be staying, milady. Just in case you require anything else.”

Woah Mera, getting competitive now?

“Okay, Mera, I understand.”

With a smile, I left the door open and walked towards my desk where the quill and inkwell were placed. I picked up the inkwell and shook it a little, feeling the force of the black liquid from the inside. Good, it’s still alright. But they do replace this every few months when they notice it’s drying so I guess there was nothing to worry about in the first place.

After making certain, I returned to the door to await Vernon’s arrival.

“So princess, what are you making? Maybe writing a poem?” Rogan casually asked.

I shook my head.

“Just some personal stuff…”

“I see. No intention of sharing, huh. I understand.”

With that, he stopped showing any interest. Good thing he knew when not to intrude too much. Despite his demeanor, was a sensible man after all.

A short moment later, Vernon arrived with a stack of clean sheets of paper in his hands. They were about an inch thick, wasn’t it too much for one person to use?

Is he playing with me?

Agh, I guess a little extra would do no harm.

“Here you go, princess.”

I received the papers around the size of an A4 bond paper with a smile.

“Thank you. Now then everyone, good night to you all.”

With that done, I locked the door and placed the stacks of paper on my desk. Pulling my chair and sitting down, I picked a pair of paper and laid them on top of each other. I’m intending on leaving one beneath so the feel of the strokes would be better than having the quil direct contact with the hard wooden surface.

I removed the cap of the inkwell and dipped the quill then brought it on top of the paper. It was then that I stopped.

“...”

I stared at the clean sheet, then at the quill.

“What should I draw?”

I can’t replicate the design of my operations outfit from the old world. I need to blend my outfit into something fashionable while also promoting mobility. I need to make it look good since well… the tailor was supposed to be making a dress for the princess.

I can’t just have him create a dark suit.

I looked straight at the wall, mulling what design I should make. My face got stiff as I thought hard...

Dammit! Why am I having difficulties thinking of the design? I need to look good, but why can’t I come up with anything?! I placed the quill back into the inkwell as I palmed my face in frustration.

Relax, think of what I want.

Um, mix a dress-like design with a combat style of outfit? Hmmmm… Shorts? And a dress… What about the material to use?

I stared at the quill…. Agh, would have been better if I had a pencil but whatever.

I picked it up and scribbled on the sheet of paper. I drew a face, a beautiful one that almost filled the entire page. The perfect jaw, cheeks, eyes, forehead, neck, hair. It took some time but when I finished I smiled in delight.

Hmm… wait. It’s my beautiful face!

I was just scribbling something to pass the time while thinking, and I ended up sketching my face that was smiling so purely. Looking at it made my heart beat harder and I felt excited… I can’t hold that feeling.

“Damn I’m beautiful.”

My smile grew wider as I gazed at the fine piece of art. My sketch was accurate, anyone would praise me if they saw this.

“Hehe, I’ll set you aside for now, beautiful one.”

And so I carefully put it aside. I glanced at it again.

Damn I’m gorgeous and cute, and pure and pretty, and sweet. Damn, I love me!

“!”

I shook my head.

I shouldn’t be distracted! I still have something to do.

I picked another sheet and began scribbling again. This time I drew the shape of an entire human body. Then came the long hair fluttering in the wind, then came a smiling face and beautiful eyes. Then I drew the dress waving in the wind the same way as the hair.

Then next were the feet and beneath it, the grassy floor, grasses swaying through the blowing wind. When it was done, I smiled in satisfaction.

…. Haaah, I just drew myself again standing on a grassy plain with an elegant dress — one of the fine clothes I wear. All that’s missing was a massive hat.

Yeah, I drew myself so what?! I can’t help it. I'm sorry I’m an idiot. But you gotta admit, I look wonderful. Me standing on an empty yet peaceful plain.

“Wonderful depiction of myself!”

Damn I love seeing myself.

Okay, you may ask for what purpose this was…. The answer is… nothing. Yup, no big reason at all.

Hey, don’t be angry now. I can think of a good reason right now if you want! Oh, I know! I can visualize myself through this and come up with a design. Isn’t that how it’s done? You need to look at the subject so you can come up with a design that suits them? Yeah, I thought so. Oh I’m sorry, we don’t have a camera... so drawing is the way!

I scrutinized the drawing of myself while mulling for a design. I put it in front of me on the wall then picked another paper.

“Hmmm…”

I tapped my finger on the table, then dipped the quill into the ink.

Finally came up with an idea, I drew what I had just thought, just the rough sketch of the outfit. When it was done, I groaned outwardly.

This sucks!

Doesn’t look good at all, it’s awkward! Who would wear this? Fuck.

I crumpled the paper in my hands and threw it away. See you, you piece of shit.

A moment later, after coming up with an idea, I drew a sketch of a design again. But when it was done, I crumpled it again and threw it away out of my sight.

This sucks! No one’s gonna wear this? Who’s gonna be impressed? I’ll look like a clown!

Dammit! At this point in time I should have already come up with an idea to improve upon, and I have to sacrifice my time of practice for this. Aaaaaah, right focus.

I looked up at the ceiling while pondering.

When I came up with a design, I sketched it down. Scrap it. Draw again. Scrap. Draw. Scrap.

None were to my satisfaction. I’m a choosy girl, what can I do?

A lot of time passed and I finally sighed loudly without holding back.

“Haaaaaaaaaah….”

I’m so irritated right now. It’s embarrassing to even look at these. And my room was now a mess.

“What time is it?”

If my sense of time wasn’t distorted in the course of my scribbling, it should be midnight now. I barely felt any drowsiness because I was so concentrated on these things.

Fuck it, I’m going to sleep.

I have to wake up early tomorrow.

Cleaning these up tonight was a pain, so I’m just gonna leave them be for now.

After closing the inkwell, I collapsed on the bed, fatigued both physically and mentally.

It didn’t take long before I fell asleep.

 

She loves herself a lot..... lol

55