Vol. 2 Chapter 62: A Devil In Disguise (Part 7)
1.3k 4 53
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

I was getting tired, my muscles throbbing painfully. I thought I finally had the bastard under control, but to think he had a trump card like this. He basically had lost all reason, would have been less surprising if his trump card was some kind of magic. But to completely become a rabid beast? Didn’t expect it to be something like that.

I flew through the forest, keeping my distance, but the wolf beast was mowing through everything. I was starting to get worried that this situation was getting too conspicuous. But that was only the second concern, the first was getting through this problem.

I threw lightning bolts and firebolts at him, I should have done some damage judging from the darkened and damaged fur and skin. But he was ignoring them completely as if he felt no pain whatsoever.

Fuck! How the hell do I restrain that?

I turned around, trying to catch it at its openings. But it just grabbed a tree that fit its hand and threw it at me. I frantically evaded, but as I did so, the beast caught up to me and clawed down at me. I barely readjusted the barrier on my limbs, they protected me, but they shattered. I pulled away with my wind pushing me, and at the same time I had my floating shields move towards the beast and they twisted to become shackles, holding it down. At the same time, I restored my body armor.

I produced additional shackles to hold it down, then cast ice magic to cover its body. Fire gathered on my left hand and lightning on my right, and fired the spells at its face. It didn’t kill him of course, so I fired another volley and held up my hand, a giant ice pillar formed in the air, and shot towards it. The impact was so powerful that the pieces of ice scattered in all directions.

But it was still moving.

I gritted my teeth and glared at it. Spamming my spells did some damage, but spamming it further was risky for me. I feel a little dizzy already, reminded me of the time I flew into the sky. Can’t just casually punch it either, very dangerous going against that close.

I threw a lightning bolt at it, but it broke through the restraints and pounced at me. I evaded, but it responded more quickly and punched me, I crashed into a nearby tree. My shields may have protected me, but that didn’t make things more pleasant.

I had no time to rest as it pounced at me again as I was still laying on the ground with my back on the tree, its mouth wide open.

It plans to —?

I shifted my armor, from the torso and the other hand, into my right arm, forming several layers of shields. I intercepted its jaw with my right arm and it bit on it. It did not let go, just kept on biting down as it stood on four limbs like a true animal. I used my left hand to support my right.

Shit’s gonna kill me!

I was in a momentary dilemma. I would like to keep it alive to get intelligence. But this monster had gone mad.

My outmost layer of the shield between its teeth broke.

Do I risk it by finding a chance to restrain it? No way! My life was more important than some shitty intel!

Another layer broke.

I was left with no choice but to kill it. The shields on my legs moved towards the beast and tied around its head and neck to hold it in place. I opened my right hand that was inside the beast’s mouth.

“Die.”

Lightning crackled, and a blast of lightning exploded inside its mouth, going into its throat. The lightning crawled on the flesh of its insides, then spread further by all the liquid in a living being’s body. I kept pouring the lightning in.

The odor of burned flesh began permeating the air, then smoke began leaking out of its mouth. The force that was biting on my shielded arm weakened until it was no more. I kept the lightning on for a few seconds to make sure.

When I was done, I pushed the damn thing aside. I panted heavily as I slowly got up while leaning on the tree. I looked at the corpse with a strained expression.

Shit!

I’m getting tired of this.

I walked forward, but my legs were weak, and I fell to my knees. My muscles hurt, likely because of the intense usage of physical enhancement, even though I thought I have practiced it fine, it still had some side effects. Not only that, my head felt heavy and at the same time dizzy, like what happened when I flew into the sky.

“Haaah, haaah.” I audibly panted while my sweat dripped from my chin.

Fuck it.

I almost died, again! That’s it, I have enough! I didn’t get any meaningful information, but at least I know now they were still around. I had some doubts that they were still in the city because they didn’t do anything to me while I was at the festival.

This experience pushed me to the edge, and now I know what I should do. Time to change my primary object from understanding why, to just killing them all outright. Knowing why was now secondary.

The most important thing is to get rid of them from my life!

I forced myself to stand up, I was still applying my physical enhancement since I feared that removing them might result in my body completely turning into jelly.

I used the wind and made my way back to the palace.

Time to put you to use, Allie.

Plan A was now almost a failure. Once the festival’s over, time to use plan B.

 

Sorry this part is short 'cause I realized the next part wouldn't fit right if it was included here. I'll be posting the next part soon (Could be tomorrow or the next)

53