Vol. 3 Chapter 101: Estelia’s Debut (Part 1)
659 6 23
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Big day! Uh, wait, no, tomorrow’s the big day. But today we’re moving out to the royal grand hall! My golden hour was about to arrive, people! And the heavens will cry my name in praise.

The palace was busy, as some maids and servants prepared to move out themselves. We’ll be bringing out a lot of them to help in the grand hall. After taking a bath and having breakfast, I coordinated with my mother with the extra clothes that I will take with me.

By the way, I have received the dress that Mervizo and Kali designed. It’s in a wooden box to be stored and moved around safely. I have to say, it was amazing as fuck! It was the most beautiful dress I have ever seen in both my lives.

Not even those corny dresses in fashion shows or in Miss Universe can beat it. Shit, I’m so excited to wear it. But I have to resist the temptation. I’ll get there. I get to wear it once the dancing section is finished.

I also have a special dress they made for the dance, but it was nothing too special. There was already a template for such a design. You could think of it as some sort of traditional dance. But there was some liberty in expanding its design. And my dancing dress was not too far themed to my main dress.

I saw it, it was beautiful too. But nothing beats my main one!

Mother had filled up a case with my extra clothes. You know, to be honest, I could have done that. It frightens me a little when she scours the cabinet, considering that my daggers were hidden somewhere there. True, she wouldn’t just find it that easily, but it worries me still.

Ah, I have to leave my weapons behind. I didn’t have a place to hide them anywhere.

Plus, the palace would be mostly empty when we leave.

“Mother, what will the security of the palace be?”

“Will be tighter than usual. We can’t have anyone sneaking in to steal something important.”

“Oh, then we’ll have nothing to worry about.”

“Yes.”

With us done here, I went down the stairs before to the palace entrance as servants carried my luggage. Winter was thawing. Outside were dozens of carriages all lined up. Servants were preparing to ride, while others were putting in their equipment. Others placed luggages of all kinds.

I saw two of my dresses’ boxes being placed on a special carriage. Wow, this was going to be a long convoy. Not to mention the security. Church fighters will also be included and should arrive shortly. Yeah, the high bishop will be attending and coming with us.

“Princess.” Rogan came up to me. He was carrying his own baggage.

I looked at him from up and down. He was wearing a more fancy suit. Merely a sword hanging on his waist.

“Sir Rogan. I see you’re dressed for the occasion.”

“Hey, what do you mean by that? I’m always properly dressed.”

“Huh.”

“But I have prepared my new finest suit for tomorrow. I’m gonna look pretty good, believe me.” He tapped on his case.

“You’re giving it your all, huh?”

“As your knight, why wouldn’t I? It’s your birthday, and I must look so good that other ladies would swoon all over me.”

I winced and slapped him on the arm.

“What?!”

I shook my head. “Just put in your belongings among the baggage.”

“Fine, fine.”

“And oh, to not raise your expectations. As my knight, you’ll be staying beside me. So you won’t be able to talk to other ladies much.”

His face turned into shock before slouching in disappointment as he went and handled his luggage. Aaaw, pity.

Shifting my sight, I saw Vernon and Mera putting in their luggage for transport, too. Instead of their uniform, they wore a more civilian and formal clothes. They may look like off duty, but they'll still be assisting me.

Once they were done, they made their way towards me.

“You two look good,” I said to them with a smile.

Mera blushed, and Vernon slightly bowed his head.

“Are you ready, your highness?” Vernon asked.

“Yes, I’m only waiting for everyone to move out.”

“This will be the biggest event in a while.”

“Indeed.” I was a bit pressured, honestly. But oh well, I’ll get through it.

Just then, a couple of carriages from the church arrived. The high bishop emerged from one, along with him were Astine and Tina. The rest of the church members exited their carriages, numbering four.

The high bishop and the two young women approached me and bowed.

“Greetings, your esteemed highness,” said the bishop. “The world is blessed today, and more tomorrow.”

“Yes, I’m glad to see you came, high bishop. You all may raise your heads.”

I glanced at Astine, she was the same as ever. Tina, on the other hand, cut her hair to neck’s length. What’s up with her? Did she undergo some sort of life-changing moment and got a change of character? Huh, I wonder who caused that.

“I have brought my finest warriors to guard you, your highness. You have nothing to worry about.”

“Great! I’m relieved to hear that.”

Now my convoy was fully loaded! Elite knights, and church fighters. We could take on an entire city with this shit.

“Is everything ready?” I heard my father speak out from behind me.

“Yes, sir,” a servant replied.

“Good.” He was then joined in by the rest of my family.

Noticing the high bishop, they approached and greeted him. I looked at Eleden, and we smiled at each other.

“Finally, you’re here, Xenous.”

“I was not late, am I, your majesty?”

“Just on schedule. We’ll run final checks and we can move out.”

Mother patted my head. “You can go in your carriage now, dear.”

“Okay.”

I nodded at Vernon and Mera before heading out for my carriage. It was luxurious looking, like the others. So mine didn’t particularly stand out.

Rogan opened the door for me, and the two of us entered inside. Not long before the convoy moved out.

***

I stepped out of my carriage and looked up at the building before me with wide and awed eyes. The Royal Grand Hall. It stood all alone in this vast open area, and reached up very high, it was taller than the palace. The building had three stories, numerous windows on each floor, and along with the walls were crafted and drawn with beautiful sculptures and carvings. Metals bend to create shapes like leaves and flowers.

It was very, very big in my last memory of this place. But then again, I was small at that time.

“Wow, cool place,” Rogan remarked with a whistle.

“A historical building…” Almost reminded of the old ancient buildings back in my old world. Those that came from different eras of history. It was just this one here, had a unique style.

I heard a carriage door open and saw my parents coming out. I shouted at them. “Can I go in?!”

The two looked at each other with an amused smile.

Father answered me. “Go ahead.”

I giggled excitedly and strolled onward with my knight as Vernon and Mera joined in on us. There were already people watching the door, and they opened it for me.

I gasped a little when I saw the hallway. Holy shit, everything was basically sparkling. Everything was so clean, everything was so expensive. Walls were so detailed, and the way was aptly lit by lamps and small chandeliers.

I also heard Mera gasping next to me, looking at everything with wide eyes. Pretty awesome, right?

We walked straight up the corridor, straight to the center. It took some time before we reached the door to the main chamber, considering how big this place was. When the double doors were dramatically opened, I let out an audible gasp.

I stepped further inside the main chamber, at the center of the wide open floor.

“Incredible,” Mera muttered as she was mesmerized at the place.

Just how expensive was this place? If it’s with a currency back in my old world, this place would cost maybe a billion, or more.

The floor was so clean and shiny, bearing a large illustration of wisteria flowers going up to the sides. A large chandelier hung at the center, along with many smaller ones. Glass windows on the roof as well, letting in the light and air from the outside world. The pillars and walls were embedded with gold and silver, along with sculptures and carvings. Drawings and colors of purple, truly expressing royalty and the kingdom of Wisteria. At the front, on the chamber wall, was the giant flag of the home kingdom.

This was the place where my birthday party would take place. The most beautiful place in place in the kingdom. A place of grandeur.

I smiled widely, extremely pleased.

It was every girl’s dream.

Tomorrow will be my biggest day.

I’m so looking forward to it.

Advance happy birthday to me.

23