Chapter 3: Lies!
87 0 5
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Grandmother has always been fair in treating everyone in the family. She has never biased when giving love to her grandchildren no matter how long they never visited her. Grandmother even piles up gifts at home for her grandchildren so that they would be happy when they come by. This is because grandmother believes that at least her grandchildren can associate visiting her as happy memories in turn will make them visit her more.

Yet due to childish reasons, all of her children resort to not visit at all cost. Aria still remembers what one of her cousins says when her grandmother asks why they did not give her a phone call.

"You already have your grandchild there. You do not need us to call you since she can entertain you."

They say that and end the call abruptly. Aria can see her grandmother's heart shattered to pieces that day. Aria spent the whole day cheering her grandmother up so that she can forget the remarks from her other grandchildren.

"I am sorry that you have to go through all this. If only your parents are still alive now, then they would not dare do this to you. As long as I am alive, then you can rely on me."

Grandmother hugs her to sleep that night just like any other night. Being the first grandchild, she has always been close to her grandmother more than her own parents. When her parents passed away four years ago, Aria was not deeply bothered by it. Her parents have always been busy with their work thus she grew up being raised by her grandmother. Her grandmother has always been Aria's mother figure in absence of her parents.

Her wish was to bring her grandmother to live with her in the house that she bought in the city. Since she doesn't want grandmother to be left alone in the countryside. Grandmother has been complaining that her vertigo is getting worse each day. Aria undoubtedly enraged by the fact that not even one child out of seven would come to visit. Grandmother has always been relying on the neighbor to send her to the nearest clinic whenever her sickness flares up.

Aria's biggest fear is that one day, grandmother would be dizzy and fall in the house without anyone knowing. The countryside does not have an internet connection and a majority of the time there will be electricity disruption rendering the phone reception to be diminished from existence. If one day, the town is lost from the grid nobody from the government would even bat an eye about it.

"Aria, your uncle and I have decided to relinquish all of our rights to the inheritance."

Marie's voice has brought her back to reality. Aria's long lashes flutter as she blinks multiple times in disbelief. Years of fighting for the inheritance and now she has changed her mind in a blink of an eye. Aria wonders what has made Marie take a 180-degree turn and become such a saint.

"Aunty... You do not have to relinquish your rights and neither of the others. We need to wait for the grandmother's lawyer to come and read the will. I am sure that the grandmother has divided the inheritance fair among all of you in the will."

Aria tries to comfort Marie by giving her a hug since she thinks that her aunt must have been feeling sorrowful ever since her grandmother passed away three days ago.

"Sshhluck!!"

Aria felt a burning sensation from her back as she heard the stabbing sound. She can feel the off-shoulder white dress being drenched with hot liquid from her back. Her small backpack was unable to protect her from the stabbing since Marie was targeting right above it.

"You think I would be letting you have it all?! For twenty-five years, you have been monopolizing my mother's love and wealth from the day you were born. She never loves us as much as she loves you. If you were not born in this world then she would be fair to all of us."

Marie's laugh echoing on the deck.

"Help~ Help me~"

Aria tries to call the captain for help while she is trying to stay upright by holding onto the railing.

"No one would help you no matter how hard you cry for help. I have paid the captain to ignore anything that happens here today. We are far from the shore so no one will hear your voice." Marie continues to berate Aria while her lips grinned from ear to ear.

"Why do you have to do this?"

Aria still wants to know despite her consciousness starting to fade since she is losing a lot of blood every second goes by.

"Why? Awhh~Bohoo~ It is because if you die then your share will be mine. Everyone will believe me when I say that you want to kill yourself since you could not live without your grandmother."

Marie unleashes a devilish laugh before pushing Aria off the railing.

 
5