6 — Getting to the end Part 1
83 0 3
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

"What's Status?" I thought aloud and suddenly a screen popped up in front of me, I looked at Charm and pointed at the floating information in front of us both. "Can you see this?" 

She tilted her head at me and I laughed at this but looked at the information displayed before me. 

"Just say or think the word 'status' and you'll know what I mean. I don't know if it is a thought only activated thing or if it is something that needs to be said aloud but either way something should pop up in-front of you, but it seems that it's not really actually there. And it also knows intent as just saying 'Status' doesn't make it appear or disappear without wanting it to." I said and she nodded. 

"Status?" Charm said and gasped as the screen popped up for her as well it seems and she stepped back in shock her tail frizzing up a little. I guess it was a lot more surprising than I guess it must've been for me, or maybe I just don't have the susceptibility to surprise than most. I looked away from Charm now that she knows what to do now and looked at the information about myself now that everything I know has been changed. 

Name: ---------- (Jo)
Age: 16
Race: Blood Pup
Condition: Normal
Job: (none)
Class: (none)
Level: 5/25
Vit: 1300
Bld-Vit: 100-/120
Mana: 2000
Bld-Mana:+500
Str: 750
Bld-Str:+200
Agil: 1200
Bld-Agil:+350
Cha: 100

Bld-Cnt: 90%

Skills:
Bite (Lv.2)
Slash (Lv. 1)
Language 
Comprehension: (Lv. MAX)
Sense (Lv. 4)

Special Skills:
True Sight (Lv. --)
Devour (Lv. --)
Enhanced Claws (LV. 1)
Enhanced Bite (Lv. 1)
Blood Blades (Lv. 1)
Siphon (Lv. 5)
Blood Manipulation (Lv. 3)

Resistances: 
Pain Resistance (Lv. 4), Crimson Arts Resistance (Lv. MAX)

Titles: Fenrir's Legacy, Cursed Being, Observer, One Who Does Not Wait

What is this? I have a Blood Count, or is that some sort of storage thing? Wait does this really mean that I need to drink blood instead of eating food? I really hoped that I would still be able to at least eat food. I looked over the skills and they seemed basic enough, but the Blood enhanced Special Skills seemed like they would just make that Blood Count thing do down faster. I did not want to make Charm a living blood-bank for me while we were leaving, but even as I thought about this the count decided to go down another five percent. Not one percent at a time, but five...what? Was it trying to make me more worked up or something?

I swear I saw the percentage flicker for a second, going down another five percent to 80 before going right back to 85 and I stopped thinking and took a few deep breaths to try and calm myself down. It seemed that the percentage went down if I got too overworked about something or if I thought about something too much as well as whatever might happen to it is I use the Blood enhanced Skills that make it go down further. 

But then again does this mean that with blood loss I need to drink more than I've lost in order to heal and go back to full health instead of using some big healing drink or food or something else that would do the same job? I looked at Charm warily now that I knew that she would be the closest source of living blood near me and since it seems my species can only drink blood from the life source, I was going to need something else alive, and fast. The percentage went down to 75 suddenly as I thought and I snapped out of my stupor and cleared my mind. I would figure out everything later, for now we needed to get out of here, and hopefully find some food quickly...and in whatever condition it seems. 

"What do you see?" I asked and she shook her head. 

"I don't know." She said, "I wish that there was a way I could show you but all I have are some skills called Fierce, True Sight, Stealth, and a few titles called Deadly Huntress and a Class with Assassin in Parenthesis" she said and I suddenly could see he information. 

Name: ---------- (Charm)
Age: 26 minutes, 43 seconds
Race: Illusion Kit
Condition: Normal
Job: None
Class: (Assassin)
Level: 5/25
Vit: 1100
Mana: 3200
Str: 700
Agil: 2700
Cha: 200

Skills:
Stealth (Lv.2)
Slash (Lv. 1)
Hide (Lv. 3)
Knife Throwing (lv. 1)
Language Comprehension: (Lv. MAX)
Trap Sense (Lv. 6)
Trap Disarming (Lv. 2)

Special Skills:
True Sight (Lv. --)
Hidden Slash (Lv. 1)
Surprise Attack (Lv. 1)
Sonic Disc (Lv. 1)
Perfect Aim (Lv 1)

Resistances:
Fear Resistance (Lv. 3)

Titles: Deadly Huntress, Changed Being, 

"Oh I can see your information too." I said and she tilted her head and then her eyes went wide with shock, and I guessed that she was seeing my info now too. 

"You have extra status attached underneath everything but why is the second type of Vitality going down as well as that Percentage you have?" She asked and I thought for a second before realizing that I couldn't feel my injuries anymore. I guess that the Pain Resistance was going to be a blessing and another curse because I couldn't feel my injuries even though they were obviously still there. 

"Probably because I have a few cuts that are still healing." I said unsure of how to show or say what happened to me to her. 

"Where?" she said and I looked down at my fur covered chest, and even though it seemed that blood wasn't flowing I was still losing blood somehow

"Don't know." I shrugged realistically, "I don't know if I am still bleeding somewhere or on the inside because I can't really feel the pain anymore, but it seems to be slowing down so I should be fine. I don't want to think about what'll happen is my Blood Count gets below twenty-five percent, and I don't want you near me when it does so we need to find a way out of here, and something big that I can more than likely feed on to heal and increase that count in some way...or at least stabilize it." 

"Wait why wouldn't you want me near?" She tilted her head and I looked at her pointedly and opened my mouth, which even though it was filled with sharp teeth fully, the canines were longer than they should've been and they were throbbing, and from the red glow that appeared around my head when I opened my mouth. They must've been steadily glowing this entire time. 

"O-okay," She said stepping away a little, "I don't want to find out anymore, lets just get out of this place" 

The next few hours was me constantly watching that percentage. It seemed to slow down now that I was not bleeding anymore so that was nice, but it still went down five percent every twenty minutes or so for no reason at all. So I was losing a percent every five minutes and at this rate I wouldn't be able to go without whatever it was that refilled that percent back to a hundred for a day without refilling it multiple times a day.

I did some quick math in my head and figured that every twenty or so minutes, in Earth time, I lose five percent and so in the past three hours I've lost around 45 percent and it had just gone down to 40% a few minutes ago so that means that I had less than three hours before that hit less than 5% left, of which I didn't want to see what happens to the closest living thing to me.

Oh and when I hit fifty percent, and nothing happened. It was a brief moment of relief, but it only made us both more wary of what might happen when I hit the 25% mark or lower. Would it start taking from something else if I didn't get the thing that it needed to go back up to 100% and if so would the condition cause permanent changes?

I didn't open my mouth anymore, or speak, because every time I opened my mouth even a little the the red light that was caused by some foreign energy coursing into my front upper fangs would light up the area around us and it only made the situation more uncomfortable. After walking for another hour or so my percentage reached less than 25% and the feeling inside of my mouth was starting to spread so I imagined that it was making more of my teeth glow that crimson red color, my tattoos were glowing steadily brighter, and now I could notice a slight Red hue to my vision.

I wondered how the humans or other species of this world would react to this if I were to run into some during our walk, a dark silhouette with glowing red markings, eyes, long glowing red smile? Actually that would be good scare material, maybe I could use it for some other situation?  After a little while longer of walking we started to hear voices in the distance, and after another bend in the tunnel that went up and down, a torch came into view, held in the metal gauntlet of a shield user, both me and Charm looked at it irritated.

This was going to get annoying wasn't it? 


"Hey Dan, I thought that you said that this tunnel lead somewhere?" A female human said glaring at the male walking beside her, he, like everyone else was wearing low grade exploration gear. The gear he was wearing however was a simple suit of recycled blacksmith metals with minor enchantments on them, to make him look tougher. Enchantments that the female talking to him had helped with. She was also wearing Cheap armor, but it was still much better than recycled metals, and there were a few more enchantments on it than there were on Dan's. 

The two behind them were male and female as well, wearing leather armor: the male had a bow strapped around their torso and a quiver around the shoulder and a smaller one at the waist, he also had quite a few knifes of different varieties along the belt. The female next to him, walking just as silently, was wearing the thickest robe of everyone, with dyed leather and cloth mixed materials for the inside padding. She was holding a long wooden staff with a slightly glowing stone at the end. 

Dan looked around at the tunnel walls that went around them and then behind and ahead where they seemed to stretch out forever and scratched the back of his head. 

"I came down here alone one time and looked around a bit before deeming the place safe enough for a short scouting, but it seems that the dungeon has changed since I last came in here. It didn't help that the tunnel back to the surface closed up as soon as we all fell into here, so either it's die of hunger and thirst, get killed by a monster, or try to find a way out of here as well as some food and water." He said looking around and the female next to him punched his arm with her shield, a six foot spear was magically held to her back while they walked. 

"Well we should've gone and told the guild instead of coming in here again without the proper preparations." She said and the girl behind her rustled with her clothes for a second before bringing out a flat stone that was shining brighter than her staff. The two in front and the boy standing next to her looked at it in shock. 

"Sorry guys, I snuck this in just in case." She said shyly, "I forgot to tell you because my mentor gave me this as a precautionary thing. Just in case I am ever to get involved with something dangerous and she wouldn't be able to get to me in time. Or if something appeared that was too strong for her and we had to leave quickly. Master said that this stone should teleport us to the center of our city from anywhere in the world."

"Jeez Amelia." Dan said looking at the stone relieved. 

"I understand why you hid something like that from Dan, but why the rest of us?" The female in lead asked looking at Amelia with gratitude and slight hurt not even bothering to look back at the deathly shocked Dan sulking behind her.

"I was going to tell all of you, but then Dan found this place, and we all got stuck here. I'm sorry. Lexy, Shade, please don't be mad at me." Amelia said looking down and Shade just huffed an "I don't care" while Dan looked at Amelia in mock hurt. 

"You can tell me important things too." He whined and Lexy just smacked his shoulder lazily with the shield this time instead of punching hard; coincidentally it was in the same spot so he still cried out in pain. 

Of which the others didn't pay much attention to as he was normally like this. Suddenly Shade drew a dagger and threw it, though sloppily, past Lexy and Dan. He was rewarded with a yelp or surprise and pain and a flash of a small red mouth and red eyes, and they all suddenly noticed the two figures standing in their path. One had glowing patterns, and eyes, and was now groaning on the floor, and the other they couldn't make out. 

"Ow." A foreign voice groaned and the other figure knelt beside the fallen creature for a moment before picking up the knife and walking towards the four angrily. 

"You don't just throw knives at people!" She growled as her form stepped into the light, revealing a feline creature like that of a feral beast-kin. She just walked, well to them it was more like she phased past Dan and Lexy and pointed the blade at Shade accusingly. "You're lucky the hilt of this thing hit him or we would have a very bad situation."

The feline creature pointed the blade at Shade accusingly. He and the others just stood there, frozen: The creatures had came from no where, the spoke their language perfectly, and this one moved faster than any of the four could react properly to and seeing that scared them all. She strode past their front line fighters and stood in the middle of them with the blade pointed at Shade's pale face.

Her figure was perfect, should she have been human: there were curves in all the right places, her entire body rippled with power and visible muscles designed for movement, speed, and predatory perfection. She had strong digitigrade feline legs that showed power far superior than any of their own and with the light now shining upon her the golden shine of her fur lit up the area they could see the blue lines of energy running throughout her entire body. Coursing through her arms, legs, disappearing to the back of her torso only to come back around at her neck to line the underside of her eyes. Making them glow a deadly aquatic green in the dimly lit area through Amelia'a staff. She was smaller than all of them, perhaps the size of a ten or twelve year old, but she certainly made up for that with her temper. 

"But--" Shade started talking but a glare from Lexy in his direction shut him up and the other creature started standing back up. It's glowing eyes disappearing occasionally. A crimson ring and pupil as the only indicator that they were visible at all as the rest was unseen in the darkness. The creature's teeth were glowing as well as the inside of it's mouth when it opened it to speak, and the patterns along it's midnight fur were glowing slightly fiercer.  

"It was still enough to knock me down to 20% Charm." It said. It's voice sounded like that of a ten to twelve year old as well, so were they related, or just around the same age monsters then? The prior thought was going through all of their heads as they observed the feline's reactions to him, or maybe there was something else there. Only Lexy noticed a second emotion in the feline creature's eyes as it looked at the male one though. 

"Y-you have names?" Amelia stuttered and the pitch black wolf like creature stepped into the light of the torch that Dan was carrying and paused for a second before grabbing the torch from his frozen body and held it in-front of it looking at the fire blazing atop it strangely. "Huh I thought that I would be naturally scared of fire with me being this Blood Creature and all, but it seems that it's like looking at any other boring unlit stick lying around here and there." He put it back in the poor guy's frozen hands and turned to Amelia with a bored look. 

"Yeah we have names." The feline creature, Charm said, "Well sort of, I guess, we don't really have names. We've just called each other that for so long that it just feels natural now." The feline creature dropped the knife in front of Shade when he wouldn't grab it himself and went back over to the wolf creature. They couldn't tell by sight alone whether the glowing marking were just it's natural fur coat or it if had recently gotten away from a very bloody fight and the glowing was a magical effect. 

"Okay, how about we start over." Charm said hopping in place a little, the wolf like creature was still rubbing it's snout absentmindedly, "I'm Charm and this is Jo. With you four being human, and seemingly trapped here along with us, you must know of a way to get out. Right?" 

I'm gonna try to keep updating as much as I can for as long as I can. Still hoping to get to at least 20 chapters before burning out again, but I'll try to work through it anyways.

3