Last Man Standing (3)
29 0 0
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

The building swayed for Dean. His balance was weakening, and everything had started to lose its edge. Dean held onto the wall behind him, he needed to finish this quick before he became an easy kill.

"Is something wrong?" Frank asked, his smile like a shark watching it's prey.

Dean tried to focus on Frank, his eyes were doing a terrible job of it.

He panted; his breathing heavy. He was not going to let the sway tip him over.

Frank raised his Rolex watch, taking a quick look at the hands.

"Four minutes left."

Frank put his arm out and pointed his fingers towards a fallen shopping aisle.

Frank's arm tensed as he swung, the aisle following the motion as if it were connected. The shopping aisle slid across the floor heading towards Dean, making a metallic screech as it left marks.

Dean jumped high, grappling onto a sign that hung from the ceiling. The aisle was close to crushing his legs as it crashed against the wall below him.

Frank grumbled. He pointed his hand to where the hanging sign connected to the ceiling and then tugged hard. The sign's supports disconnected as if it had been pulled. The sign fell to the ground, taking Dean with it.

Dean's feet hit the aisle below him. He jumped as soon as he landed. The sign's heavy chains whipped down. Dean tumbled across the floor; the chains crashed into the aisle where he once was.

"I told you not to move." Frank spoke through gritted teeth.

Dean's head was light, the dizziness was slowly consuming him.  He slapped his cheek, trying to snap the disorientating room back into place.

"Is someone's head getting a little light?" Frank grinned, the sight of Dean's heavy eyes, and stumbling form, gave him joy.

Frank put his hand out to another shopping aisle, throwing it at Dean just like before. Dean jumped out of the way just in time, but as soon as he landed, another one got shot towards him, making him jump again.

With each jump, Dean got dizzier and dizzier.

Dean held the pipe up towards Frank, still stumbling as he tried to keep his balance. Dean's head was covered in sweat. He was preparing to attack, but suddenly Frank charged him. Dean was caught off guard, with no time to react.

Frank pinned him against the wall. One of Frank's huge hands wrapped around Dean's neck, slowly taking the oxygen out of his lungs.

Dean tried to swing the pipe at him, but Frank quickly grabbed his wrist and squeezed hard.

Dean's pain filled scream was muffled by the hand around his neck. He dropped the pipe as soon as he lost the sensation in his hand, his other still trying to pry Frank off his neck.

Dean tried digging his nails into the hand around his neck.

"None of that."

Frank punched Dean in the stomach, making him cough up blood. The blood splattered on Frank's shirt, staining parts of it a deep shade of red.

"Do you know how much this shirt costs?" Frank was livid.

Dean tried gasping for air, his face was turning a light shade of blue. He grabbed Frank's hand, trying to loosen its grip a little.

"I told you. You're going to suffer."

Frank swung a clenched fist hard at Dean's chest, aiming to fracture his ribs.

 

[System activated Protect Lv1]

 

A light blue shield appeared, covering Dean's torso. Frank's fist hit it as it appeared, the hardness of the shield as if he had punched solid metal.

The bone's in Frank's hands shattered into bits, giving him excruciating pain.

Frank let go of Dean's neck, dropping him back onto his feet. Dean gasped for air, the oxygen rushing back into his lungs.

Frank shouted, buckling to his knees. The pain too much for him to handle.

Dean quickly picked up the pipe off the floor with his good hand, the other was still red and sprained. Dean then lifted the pipe high above Frank's head.

"Wait, don't-!"

Ignoring the plea, Dean sent the metal pipe down, bludgeoning Frank's head. The impact made his eyes go wide; Frank fell to the ground, his body thudded from hitting the lino floor.

Ding!

 

[You have taken a Life]

[Transferring Frank's Points]

[You have received 900 points]

[You are the last person alive in the zone]

[Mission: Last Man Standing Completed]

[You have been awarded 100 points]

[DarkLie24 has enjoyed the gore]

[DarkLie24 has gifted you 100 points]

[GoldenSunKing has enjoyed the fight]

[GoldenSunKing has gifted you 100 points]

[BloodyDummy is angry that you have killed his contestant]

[You have received more than 1000 points: Your channel has ranked up]

[You have unlocked the Contestant Store]

[Protect skill is on cooldown: 168:00:00]

 

Dean fell to the floor, all the exhaustion from the fight finally took an effect on his body.

Dean's new clothes were now covered in sweat and blood.

Frank's lifeless corpse laid just in front of him, blood pooled out from his head.

Many windows hovered in front of Dean.

"What the hell is going on?" Dean laid on the ground, too dizzy to sit up.

 

[LittleMoon congratulates you on your victory]

 

...

In the London Underground a group of five people walked closely together; all of them covered in dry blood. Their appearance tired and worn. Most of them had common house objects in their hands (shovels, knifes etc.) except for one, who had nothing.

"How far do we have left?" A man in his 80's asked a young woman with short dark hair.

"Not too far now, it should be around this corner. I came down here with my family last year."

Her face turned sour after she remembered the trip. Everything seemed much brighter then, but now it's all turned to ruin.

They were eager to approach the area early and get some rest. Though the zones had missions, they were much safer than the outside. The outside had monsters that roamed the streets looking for humans to prey on.

The monsters wore them out; they were lucky to be alive.

One of their group members was a Hunter before everything went downhill. He was quite strong; the monsters weren't much trouble for him, but they still had to keep an eye out for surprise attacks. They'd already lost two people from carelessness.

"Here it is!" Cried the woman with short dark hair.

They turned the corner to find a group of men blocking the way to the zone.

"Who are your Backers?" A strong man in the center shouted out to the group.

"Backers?" The old man asked.

As soon as he asked, he lit aflame and turned to ash. The only thing that was left of him was the shovel he had held.

The group cried out, terrified of what just happened to the old man.

The only one who wasn't scared was the Hunter.

"Who are your backers?" The man repeated.

"We have backers! Don't kill us please!" A woman held the hand of a young child shouted out.

The man looked at the group, and then to a child that was sitting in a pull-out chair. The child had headphones on and was playing on his phone. His eyes were dark from lack of sleep, his hair scruffy. The child points to the Hunter then went back to playing on his phone.

The rest of the group set aflame, crying out in pain. Then they were gone. Only the Hunter was left.

"You may enter."

The people who blocked the zone moved aside to let him in.

The Hunter looked down at the ash, his face showing slight signs of sadness, but he was a little relieved that he didn't have to take care of the group anymore.

The man exhaled and then walked into the zone.

0