Notes 2
136 1 4
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Part One: 

First thing first the whole Ozpin, Oscar,  and Ozma fiascos. See I feel the character of OZ has been misunderstood. Also, fo this rewrite, I’m titling this pseudo reincarnation system as Oz (Oz Cycle) since I’m treating it like it’s an ability the way its perceived. Which plays nicely into the masquerading that’s been going on. Because yes, the series shows a pseudo reincarnation system right in front of us with a long line of different characters masquerading as one guy.

See in the online fan community of RWBY, the Oz Cycle is often compared to the Avatar Cycle from Avatar the Last Airbender and Legend of Korra. I say why not, lets just full on rip that concept off since it’s basically what we already have in RWBY. The reason I say this is because in the Avatar series, its emphasized that while all Avatar’s share the same soul and have access to the memories of their past lives. Each of those incarnations are their own individual. Each Avatar has their own likes, ambitions, feelings, and lifestyles vastly different from any other of their creed.

So that’s the system of beliefs that I want to justify Ozpin’s character, that he isn’t Ozma but an Oz, and I’ll explain exactly what that is. 

————————————————

See with the original Ozma after Salem got the gods to play ping pong with his body, he didn’t exactly come back, instead the gods just put his essence into another being similar to him. We know this because remember each reincarnation of OZ that we have been shown cannon-wise in RWBY already housed a separate personality and identity before the, well... change. This also helps justify the split between Salem and Ozma that was revealed during the flashback episode in Volume 6. No matter how much Grim that was in Salem I don’t just believe she would discard what would seem to be centuries (well maybe just years now that I think about it) of love and time spent with her Prince Charming/Hero. 

What I believe is that over time Salem came to realize that the person she was with was not the man she fell in love with, that he was some sort of imposture masquerading as him. That after she got off her high of being with her love, she started noticing little details and after a few years the differences became apparent. 

Sure, she could still sense his soul or his essence and used that to convince herself that it was just her insecurities, that maybe it was the Grim affecting her mind. Only for her to be convinced over time that she was with an imposture crafted by the selfish gods to torment her, that her Ozma would never fully return. 

————————————————

I mean honestly reviewing the story told by Jinn, the audience and the RWBY crew got a one-sided story, the events through the eyes on the second reincarnation of Oz. If you pay attention, Ruby asks what Ozpin is hiding, not what is the truth.

Which makes it even weirder when you think back to it all, Jinn purposely decided to make a movie interactive version of what was Ozpin’s life even though the question was simple. We could have gotten a clear third person omninepet version of the story but we didn’t. She purposely didn’t answer them truthfully and showed them what they wanted. She knows the whole truth, but as common as a genie, with a vague wish, they can do almost what they please.

It’s so apparent, like how Jinn stops narrativing during dialogue to the point that when it gets to Oz second life, it becomes a story told by Oz. We never got to see Salem’s perspective or how she supposedly turned evil. 

 ————————————————

I mean its these types of things of inconsistencies and half validations of the story is what viewers will look back on and judge harshly. I have no idea why they didn’t have any of the main characters freak out like anyone should have, questioning what they saw and out right not believing and denying what they saw. Like no one in the later parts of the Chapters and other Volumes thought back to Jinn’s story and questioned the narrative. I mean NONE of the characters so far have ever come across entity’s on the level they just experienced, hell the closest thing they know of are Maidens who basically have buff Semblances of Nature powers to their best knowledge. Remember at this point none of the girls have ever even seen a Maiden in action or has a scope of what they can do. I don’t need to say that in the world of Remnant people think magic doesn’t exist to their knowledge, so most to all of them shouldn’t just instantly be okay with going on an acid trip sent by a floating giant blue naked woman looking through the entire life of another person who is basically a Demi-god. I mean seriously finding out Qrow can turn into a bird or that Oscar has Ozpin in his head does not on nay level compare to reality warping. 

This includes the absence of any fairy tales about Jinn or of Salem and Second Reincarnation Ozma. I refuse to believe that in all the history of Remnant so far, that the presence of Demi-God Kings starting one of the first grand civilizations of mankind wouldn’t be recorded or saught after by historians. That and a wish granting lantern, as if in the entire history of Remnant, no random person luckily go the relic and a wish, or that a fable of such didn’t reach out into the public. Again I state, everyone was just okay with the fact that  Jinn existed and absurdly moved on with their lives. 

Though let me get back to the instance of Salem’s nonexistent perspective. 

I mean for a possessive character like Salem it seems out of character for her to attack her family, HER children, regardless of if they are quote on quote bastards in her eyes, they are still something that belongs to her. I feel like that was a key character point they introduced about Salem but didn’t develop, how she values something of hers way too much for her own good and for the good of other also. When you look at Salem you have to see an ancient princess starved of love from her evil and neglective family (locked in a castle and all); which isolation continued onto the death of her lover and continued existence for an untold time alone until humanity progressed. She has a distinct motive to be possessive and selfish in her own regard, its been established and we have clues to depict her character even more.

With that context we can see that obviously she stopped thinking of Oz as her lover and took notice to his behavior towards her. They were probably fighting (verbally) for months before that night when the two clashed in the castle. Do you honestly think that for no reason that one night she saw her husband and kids out late in the halls and she started attacking them, or well Oz on sight? 

I mean if Oz and Salem where in a steady relationship that normal couples have, not only would Salem not instantly freak out, there could had been dozens of reasons to what Oz was doing. 

I’m just giving out stupid excuses but there could had been an emergency going on, maybe he wanted to show the kids a surprise and be the cool fun parent in the family, or maybe he wanted to have the kids help him make a gift for their mother in surprise. Hell maybe all of them were on their way towards Salem for a reason. 

You don’t just start attacking someone you love after years of being together and giving birth to FOUR kids fo no reason. 

You have to give context to these types of things, you must because they are little plot holes in your story that if you don’t take care of, their will be so many that if you look at it from a different perspective those tiny holes grouped together look like a giant gaping hole. 

But I digress as I fell as if I’m going on an unproductive tangent. 

4