Notes 5
22 0 1
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Part Three: 

Before we get to Ozpin, I want to address how the previous descendants from all the lifetimes of Oz have progressed [Also, of a term I previously used but have yet to defined]. How they must have formed this secret Order of Oz (a totally non-cannon name within my rewrite that I will just be using to title this certain organization I’m naming) and have been carrying Oz’s will. Of course, I’ll start them from the various individuals he gifted powers and responsibilities from his time as Old Wizard Oz; maybe even from the remnants from his time as False God Oz, they banded an organization to complete his mission. I want to make them a continuous secret group that went from legends, to kings, to spies. They are the one’s pulling the strings around the world, that 1%. In some way or form they should have made contact with Oz every single lifetime, regardless of if they or Oz realized it. Maybe after he gained fame in his sixth life as Oz Daddy/ Father Oz and the order made contact with him, he revealed his identity and helped them with custom weapons after years of practice. The most important things about this is timeline wise, because you see we never get a specific series of dates to when events happened in the world of RWBY. All we do know is that the four huntsman schools and profession came into existence about one hundred years ago from present time. I’m just thinking of the generations it would takes to get from swords and shields to complex interchangeable weapons that can handle recoils and not break into pieces from heavy attacks; then towards motorcycles, cars, skyscrapers, phones, intercontinental communication, flying fucking Dust ships, Anime Gundam’s, and working Androids.

I’m writing this rewrite based on my perception of RWBY while trying to keep faithful to the on going original story. As such I don’t believe each version of Oz has complete control of the direction the world of Remnant goes. Based on how surprised the forces of Salem and others were of Ozpin’s revival I believe each incarnation of Oz takes less time to reincarnate. I’m generalizing but I believe it took millenniums for the second version of Oz to come about. Basing that on Salem’s reaction and dialogue with Oz after they meet again, also on the level of technology that was showcased during the era Oz returned and ruled with Salem. This was the start of rural villages, not yet kingdoms, in fact I believe it was Ozpin and Salem with their prior knowledge of civilization that created the first kingdom after the Gods wiped the mortals. 

After all, even if Salem is immortal, Oz is still mortal per say with his own expiration date for his body that he didn’t reach in his second life. So, we have the conscripted order of Ozma, False God, Hermit, Wizard, Drunkard, Settler, Inquisitor, King of Vale, Ozpin, Oscar. For the sake of things, I’ll separate the timeline into four series: 

  • Millennium, Century, Semi-Century. 
  • Decades, Years. 
  • Months, Weeks, Days. 
  • Hours, Minutes, Seconds. 

These represent the leagues of how the Cycle of Oz devolves, if my theory is right, the Cycle of Oz is in the range of months since Oscar was introduced so soon, well at least in comparison to my thoughts on False God Oz arrival onto the scene, from millenniums and centuries to months and years. This also helps clarify how I arranged the order of the Cycle of Oz and how I calculated the gaps between each reincarnation. 

Using that to range things, then let us say a millennium spanning into centuries go on after his Hermit and Wizard persona each existed, a great deal of time between the both of them living of course. Then maybe ranging in a few centuries to semi-centennials for his transitions after Drunkard and Oz Daddy, let keep this going by decreasing the transition period to large amounts of decades just at the mark of being at or below centuries. Where we hit the mark of a few decades and years where the transitions for Inquisitor and King Oz took which now have led to Ozpin. A person who was born only a few decades after the King of Vale died and then existed as himself a couple more until the cycle to hit him. Meaning months in the cycle after his death as Ozpin we get Oscar. All of which lines up almost perfectly if we use context clues that were established during the events of season 4 and 5 to create a timeline. We have lore setting up events in history, we have a character in reference to those events and finally, abilities with limits established by the dialogue of characters that have much more information than we do as viewers or team RWBY has. But the reason I’m putting so much effort into this timeline is because it helps build the character of Ozpin and the desperation that the Cycle of Oz creates.  

1