Chapter 6: Encounter
93 2 5
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Morning came with the birds chirping and the warm sunlight entering the room. Underneath the warm sun, where the image of Miss who was supposed to be sleeping peacefully on the Futon, was replaced with Miss doing weird poses.

“….5….huff…6….huff…7…UGHH 8!”

Laying back onto the futon, as Xu Fai rubbed her thin sore arms, as she felt like she was about to cry.

Ahhh!! This body is too weak!! Only 8 push ups!?! I need to find a way to get stronger faster!!

Li Jing calmly watched all this happening on the side, with a slight smirk appearing on his lips, as he watched her poorly attempt to do some simple moves for no reason.

Seeing him smirking at her made her heart unhappy, unhappy, super unhappy. Sadness was replaced by rage, and she shouted,

“Let’s see how many you can do!”

Li Jing calmly copied her moves, and realized that it really wasn’t that easy. Although he easily passed 10, but by 20 his arms started to hurt and his whole was strained and drenched with sweat.

Is this a secret martial arts training move? It is actually hard! Although it was simply pushing the body up and down.

Watching him struggle, although cough cough… he was beaten up and was malnourished, I finally felt the anger settle down and felt a sense of accomplishment.

Nodding with pride, I finally said,

“That’s enough, anymore you will open your wounds”

Li Jing although was tired till his breathing ragged and his face flushed, but he tried to breathe normally and acted nonchalantly as he got up and laid back on the bed, grabbing a book.

Lue simply watched all of this with an entertained gaze, but then suddenly realized the time and went to grab Xu Fai who still was a bit sweaty.

 “Miss! You’re seeing Mister Fui today. Despite of anything he’s still your finance. You should take a bath and dress nicely to see him!”

Still tired from the exercise, I gave her an en and she started the whole dress-up process.  

Li Jing was intensely reading a book about martial arts to see if any of the moves are similar to the ones she showed, but when he was about to flip a page, a ball of grey fluff came into view. With his one of his leg bandaged, his black round eyes stared pitifully at Li Jing, as he stared back helplessly while being held on the neck by Xu Fai. Looking up, he saw Xu Fai all dressed up making his heart beat a bit faster than normal.

“Take care of him while I’m gone please, he doesn’t listen to Lue at all and Lue is still somewhat scared of him, so this fattie would bully Lue too much. Just make sure he doesn’t make a racket…or else both of you would be kicked out!”

“Where are you going?”

“Hmmmm…To meet my dear finance” I replied sweetly, with an evil grin on my mouth.

Hearing that Li Jing face darkened a little and he gave an hmph before returning to the book.

Now that he’s healing is going smoothly, his swelling has gone done considerably and his handsome features are starting to pop out. While his expressions can be read more clearly, which clearly read ‘Go! Go faster!’

With a sigh I turned to leave asking Lue to have the dishes prepared beforehand to be set up for Li Jing to eat once he’s hungry, while Lue can eat it anytime she wants. 

In front of the gate Zheng Fui was waiting patiently with his horse tied up looking as elegant as a prince. Today he was dressed in a pale green robe refining his scholar charm even more. His eyes narrowed at the sight of me.

“Morning!”

“…Good Morning Miss Fai”

“So where do you want to go?”

“Anywhere is fine” he said politely, with a cold face.

Strange, I thought he would treat me worse than that. Exactly how is his father blackmailing him? Or are the rumours false?

“If that’s the case then let’s go to the farmers market”

“...Farmers market?”

“Yes, I got some business to attend to there”

“...Okay”

With that said, he left his horse behind, as it would be too crowded to navigate and we began walking side by side.

But of course, how could I make his life that easy?

I would first walk super-fast, making him having to catch up to my speed, and once he catches up to the rhythm, I would walk super slow forcing him to slow down too. Fast and slow, just like that we walked quite a while, with his face becoming darker by the second. But every time he does catch up, he still maintained a distance from me.

Seeing his weakness and realizing that the rumors might be true, I stopped playing the fast and slow game but instead started ‘Let’s see how long you can endure’ game.

Every time I would walk close to him, and he would maintain the distance away from me as if he had a secret barrier up. In the end, passerby only see a flashing green image, and then another pink image chasing the green image.

By the time we’ve arrived at the farmers market, I was huffing and puffing while he stood further ahead, with a fan out relaxingly stared at me.

“huff puff..go…good exercise!”

Hearing that all of this was an exercise made his already dark face darken even more.

What kind of lady is this?! Is she serious?

Ignoring his blackened face, with the broken fan that he crutched so hard after hearing those words, I walked towards the potato stall.

Author's note:

Cough...to be honest I can only do up to 5 push ups... hahahahaha who am I to criticize T_T ....How many can you guys do? xD

5