Ch9- Drake’s lie
101 1 1
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

“Alright everyone, now that that’s done, let’s learn how to create an ego armor” said Antonio.

I pushed down the violent urges that was crawling under my skin and shifted my attention towards Antonio. When all attention were on him, he continued:

“Imagine that the world around you is a dream, only you and your body is the real thing, everything else is just an illusion. Then, imagine an invisible barrier forming around your body. That barrier will decide what is fiction and what is real. Now try it. Close your eyes and imagine”

We did as what the man said

“Wow, check this out” yelled Daniel.

I opened my eyes to see him covered in orange glow.

“You’re not the only one” said Hyun Jae. She was also covered in glow, but it was pink.

I closed my eyes and concentrated further.

“Hey, that it. You’re doing it” said Isidora towards me.

I opened my eyes to see Isidora covered in a green light as well. And I looked at myself to see that I was covered in brown glow.

“So is this ego armor?” I blurted.

“Yes. It is a quite useful defensive tool. Only few things can pass through it” said Antonio proudly.

“Such as my special skill, right?” asked Drake and in return Antonio nodded.

“So, how durable is it?” asked Hannah.

“Let’s just check” said Azumi as she went to the bar.

She grabbed a bottle of liquor smashed it onto the table. Before anyone could object to her actions, she stabbed the back of her hand with the broken glass. Instead of piercing through her skin, the glass stopped in its track. The red aura surrounding her definitely stopped the blow.

“That’s cool” said Daniel.

“Umm, so uhh, how do I turn this off?” asked Krisha. 

“You can’t” said Antonio as he chuckled.

“What why?” I said with frustration.

“That’s just how the power works. Just a rule I made up. You can activate it, but you can’t turn it off, it will turn off on its own after one hour. However, you have to wait 24 hours before reactivating it again” said Antonio.

I nodded.

“So, that’s it for our powers?” asked Jamal.

“Yes. You are free to spend the rest of the day doing whatsoever you like. I will be going now. There will be announcement that resounds throughout this whole area if I wanted to speak with you again. So don’t worry on missing out”

The screen turned dark. We all looked at one another.

“Ugh, well. That’s a lot of information to dissect” said Daniel.

“But more important than that,savage male HIT Amoria” yelled Isidora.

Everyone’s eyes were on me now.

“Oh yeah, I see it. There is a blue color under her face. She didn’t have that when I first saw her” said Tuya as she took a sip from her drink.

Drake showered us with his disgusting grin and spoke:

“Now now. You’re making a lot of assumptions. It could be a savage female for all we know. Unless Amoria here is aware of the attack-.

“You’re the one who tried to strangle me. When I freed myself from your grip, you beat me up” I hissed.

Mean eyes were on Drake now. But he easily laughed it off.

“Oh, come now. I didn’t do that to you. I didn’t want anything to do with you. In fact, you’re the crazy person who chased after me. I was running away from you. I entered the trading center and hid inside the combat room. I waited and waited for you to lose your crazy desire for searching me and returned back to the inn. You must have hit your face while rummaging frantically across the trading center” said Drake.

How dare di he lie like that? That bastard!

“But shouldn’t she have found you though? I saw you go into the changing room. And when Amoria came into the trading center after you, I directed her to the changing room, since she was searching for you” said Krisha.

“She must have missed me. The changing room leads to the combat room and the shower room. Maybe she checked the shower room and left” Drake said.

“That’s bullshit. I attempted to search the combat room and found you. When I ran after you, you put me in a chocking hold and when I released myself, you beat me up” I raged.

Drake gave me violent grin. He was laughing inside at the little lie I just told now. I hate to admit it, but I was the one who attempted to assault him first in this instance.

“I am not the type of mongrel to beat up a lady. At least, without good reason” said Drake.

“Why were you running after him? Even if he had beaten you up, in this instance of being chased by a suspicious person, it could be considered self defense” said Hannah with a dagger like eyes towards me.

My stomach tightened, anger was running across my veins. Damn it! Am I really going to lose physically and socially against Drake. I can’t let this happen. Even if it’s humiliating, I have to tell the others what kind of a person Drake is.     

1