Chapter 2 – Unexpected Meeting
631 3 14
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

When I walked out of the portal, I immediately observed my surrounding and concluded I was in the alleyways with no presence close to my area, fortunately. There was a time that I ended up walking in the middle of the war, and for unknown reasons, they actually allied themselves and immediately launch an attack on me. Just recalling it brought me headaches so I stopped thinking about it.

I didn't forget to turned myself into a black cat once the smoke around me dispersed as if it wasn't there to begin with. It was one of my skills, Mimicry. 

Since I don't have any identification on me if any cops might suddenly decides to called me out, it would be better for me to act as a cat than person. No one would think the cat is strange unless it was an Honkai Beast. No matter how one looked at my current figure, I am just a harmless black cat. There isn't even a speck of Honkai energy in my body.

Anyway, this world is a lot more advanced than my world. Knowing the lore, it isn't that much of a surprise but it still amazed me when I witnessed everything with my own eyes. Looking at the people walking passed me, I kind of feel pity for them as they would all become zombies in a month in the future, and they didn't even know it. Even if I was able to stop the third herrscher from appearing, it won't stop the tragedy from happening. After all, all of them was already turned into zombies even before the appearance of the third herrscher.

Even now, although it is faint, I could still feel the Honkai energy in the surrounding. And just as I expected, it will take me a month for my body to be fully adapted to the Honkai energy. It isn't just an ordinary energy like electricity as it can also be considered virus. Plus, it also has that annoying effect of corrupting anyone if they don't have high resistance toward it.

Apparently, the woman of this world are more likely to have resistance to the Honkai energy than male which explained why they are considered rare but not impossible. I can give the academy a try but if they did some investigation of my background then it would exposed the fact that my background is abnormal—other than my appearance, I have no family nor identity of me in this world, a full clean slate. Of course I can use fake identity, but that would be useless in the might of Schicksal.

That was why I wish I can simply move behind the scene but I really wanted to see her and talk to her in person. It will also makes it easier for me to protect her when the situation come up. Plus, the chance of them letting me go after witnessing my power is undoubtedly none. No matter, it will work out fine in the end.

"Oh my, you're so adorable~" I was about to leave when suddenly two feminines hands grabbed my body and turned around to face it. I was shocked. Why is she here? She shouldn't be here! If she's here, that maid must be around here too. And as I thought, a voice suddenly spoken up behind the blonde.

"Durandal-sama, you shouldn't recklessly picked up a stray cat on the street. What if you get infected by the illness it might carries? I know you won't get sick so easily, but still..." Though she is also wearing a comfortable outfits like the blonde, it is without a doubt she is that maid! And her words proven me right, the woman hugging my body closer to her well-developed chest is none other than the strongest S-Rank Valkyrie, Durandal.

"I'm sorry, Rita. When I saw it, I just couldn't help myself," And the woman she apologized right next to her is none other than her trusted adjutant and also one of the three S-Rank Valkyries working under Schicksal, Rita Rossweisse. 

"No, it was also partly my fault for not stopping you in the first place. Anyway, I believe we shouldn't waste anymore time and get back to business, Durandal-sama," Rita said which the latter response with a curt nod before dropping him back to the street. He silently watch their departures figure until it disappeared out of his sight. 

Unbelievable, I actually came across two of the strongest people right after coming to this world. I almost shouted out of surprise but thankfully I managed to control myself before I can get in trouble. But I also wonder why are they here at this time? Are they behind the 3rd Eruption? No, judging from their casual clothes, they might have come here for a simple shopping. After all Durandal is known to be strict and serious, there's no way she would waste time playing with stray cat at the side of the road when she was on her work day.

Maybe it might not be them, but the one who they work for. If it was that guy, I can believe it. He is the type to do anything to achieve his goal, mankind is nothing but toys to be experiment with. If I can kill him, I will definitely take the chance but it probably won't go well with me if I were to do that. What was it again, 'a necessary evil'? He is the very living embodiment of that saying itself! Though his actions can be said to be evil, he was also the one who lead the technology advancement the moment he stepped up as the Overseer of Schicksal, Otto Apocalypse.

Before I came to this world, the game developer released a teaser that showed he may have been killed by someone, but I don't believe it. I'm sure he is still alive and well, and the corpse that was shown on the teaser might just be a clone of his. That guy is a genius and also cunning, unless the God itself came from Heaven to bring judgement down to him, there's no way someone else could have killed him. 

Should I speed up and follow the two with the risk of exposing myself? I can catch up to them if I don't waste anymore time. Or should I just mind my own business until the time I have been waiting for arrive? The hardest decision requires the strongest will indeed.

14