Chapter 6 – Saving a Girl
473 4 15
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

While people were walking near the street with their mind occupied with something, some can be seen jogging with their ears plugged with wireless headphones as they listens to song during their exercises. Cars and other vehicles alike speeding down the street with specific destination in mind. If this isn't the mundane life then I don't know what else will it be.

But finally, the day I have been waiting for has arrived. I'm Kuro the black cat and right now I'm sitting on top of the building. With this form, it was easy for me to get this high. Parkour is a walk in the park for a nimble animal like cat. Though that doesn't mean that when I turned back I couldn't do the same. Heck, my human body can do much more than my current form but I digress.

"Meow~"(it's really unfortunate for the people below.) 

They were just enjoying their mundane life when suddenly the fire nation—cough, I mean the Honkai outbreak happens. But as of yet, nothing is happening. Or perhaps it has already begin but not reaching this place yet. But undoubtedly the Honkai energy in the air has reached the point where it won't be weird if one of them suddenly transformed into a zombie. 

I'm fine though, rather I'm too fine that I feel like releasing some steam off me right now. In fact, I can release more than just a steam but I refrained. Looking at the people down below, I caught two kids desperately running away from what seem to be a drunk guy with blood splattered on his ripped shirt—nah, who am I kidding. That's a zombie. 

While the people that saw the scene was surprised at the zombie appearance, they still think it was just a prank with a zombie make-up to trick them silly. Without any awareness, they brought their phone out of their pocket and swiftly record it. But they quickly come to their sense when the crowd heard a scream for help from someone who was eaten alive by another zombie near the alleyway. 

As for the first zombie, before he can bite the two small delicious meat in front of him, a person suddenly dropped down from the sky. The impact from it alone caused the ground to spread spider-like cracks a few meters away from the man at the center, it also makes the zombie stumbled on his feet before falling weakly to the ground. His sudden appearance amazed the onlookers that was about to run away from the scene in order to save themselves.

The man at the center of the scene is none other than me. I couldn't just sit quietly when two kids was about to get eaten alive right in front of me. If this is just a game, I can happily eat popcorn while staring at the idiot mobs on the screen of my monitor while laughing at how stupid they are. But this game world has become real the moment I stepped into their world. 

The person that was eaten alive a moment ago, he isn't just a robot or an A.I controlled by the machine, but a real person with family and dreams. I could have saved him but I was distracted by the explosion far in the distance. The people below was just ordinary people so their ears couldn't pick up the sound since it was way too far. The zombies below must have come from the explosion I believe.

Looking at the kids trembling with fear painted on their pale face, I grimaced. I have faced countless obstacles in the past three years but there are still things that I can't simply sit around and do nothing about it—that is when tragedy happening right in front me when I have the means to stop it. I wouldn't care if it happen out of sight, of course not including my family as I would surely go out of my way to save them even if I had to face God or Satan.

I am hypocrite. Did I not say that I preferred being a villain than a hero? If I can help them, I will. But I won't go out of my way to do it just for a shxtty excuse like 'great power comes with great responsibility.' I will do what I want, selfish or not, it's my power. I should enjoy more of life before it might possibly be taken away from me. 

"Are you okay, kids? Can you get up on your feet?" I asked which caused the two to flinched before they realized I came to their rescue. Although their body were trembling, the young boy covering the young girl at his back can still answer him by nodding his head.

"Then get up and run. You need to get somewhere safe so—" Before I could finish speaking, the zombie launched himself toward me with his mouth wide open. Though it appears fast in the two kids' eyes and the onlookers, to me however it feel so slow as if the time itself has slowed down tremendously in my eyes. With a calm look on my face, I slapped the zombie in the face with the back of my hand. Rather than getting a bite of my juicy meat, the zombie was forced to kiss the smelly and hard concrete before I stomped it under my feet, immobilizing it on the spot.

"As I was saying, run away from this place and find somewhere safe. There should be one out there, just follow the adults," I turned around and said to the kids. Though they were hesitant at first, the young boy eventually nodded and give his gratitude to me before running away with the young girl in hands. And I see some kind onlookers that decides to help the two bringing them to safety which put a smile on my face. At least, there are some good people among them, thankfully.

But as to whether they would survive this outbreak by getting out of this city safely, that's a different story. I already give them a helping hand, the rest is up to them. Looking down at the zombie moving about trying to grab my other legs but unable to as my feet stuck heavily on top of its body, the smile on my face turned cold.

"Die."

15