Chapter 7 – The Outbreak and Death
437 3 13
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

"Help! There's zombi—AAAAAAH!"

"No! Get away from me! Nooooo!"

And just like that, people were screaming for help from one place to another. But no matter how much they scream their lung out, no one came to their rescue. Those that have the strength to fight the zombies had long escaped, leaving the weaker and slower people behind as their meat shield. Those that have been eating alive now stood up as one of the zombies and quickly head toward the scream of the people.

One only need to take a glance to tell that this scenery is nothing but the end of the world. In fact, it's just the beginning. Yes, if I wasn't here, the world and the people would have suffered fate much worse than this. 

I coldly observed the one-sided massacre in front of me while standing still next to the shattered glasses panel of a clothing shop. Everywhere my eyes goes, all that I saw was bloods splattering on either the wall or the ground with some unknown pieces of meat littered around it. 

'Is this really what most people would dream of happening in their world?' I questioned myself when I remember how some people are getting excited when reading a novel about someone surviving in a zombie apocalypse. It was to the point that they wished the said apocalypse also occurred in their world, thinking they can become someone as great and powerful as the character in those novels. It's understandable that they likes to see the character surviving through all the hardships that they came across their journey.

I also understand if someone said it as a joke, but when they actually meant it, it makes me wonder what sort of trouble are they having in their life that they wished the world to come to an end? Anyway, it's just sad to think about it.

"Help...me.."

It seems someone has noticed me as she slowly reach out her hand toward me while her lower part were currently being eaten by the zombie. Her lifeless eyes pierced deeply into my soul yet my body remains on the spot as I observed her in return. Understanding that I have no plan of helping her, she gritted her teeth before using her entire might to push the zombie away with her hands. However, there were no strength in her push other than annoying the zombie further. But still, she desperately throw her hands at it, punch it in the face, slap it in the cheeks—she tried everything she can think of, but her efforts proven to be nothing but wasteful.

In the end, she had no more strength to even lift her hands as she lay there helpless on the road with her lifeless eyes staring up at the sky. She is done for. She was never an athletic to begin with, so it wasn't a surprise that she was caught by the zombie the moment the outbreak happens. Just as she thought she was going to meet her maker, she suddenly heard a noise of something exploded before something wet hit her face. It was bloods, but whose?

It was then she noticed a tall figure standing next to her with a headless zombie that soon fell flat on her bloodly legs. In her blurry sight, she was unable to see her savior's face but looking at the color of his clothes, she remembers it was the guy who she once asked for help but instead stares back at her. 'Why now?' that was the last question remaining in her head before losing her conscious.

...

In the endless darkness, she is there. She is all alone yet she neither feel sad or loneliness. It is just emptiness. Nothing is there, and neither is her body but she can feel herself floating in the void. Is this what death feel like? She didn't know.

The last thing she remembered was seeing the guy who she thought have no plan of saving her but somehow did it before she lost her conscious. Or maybe she already die and this is the afterlife. Surprisingly, there were no hell or heaven realm in the afterlife. It was just endless void of darkness. 

The girl wondered what happens to her family once they hear the news of her unfortunate death. She had just left her work and was planning to get herself a cup of coffee at a nearby coffee shop before calling her family, and have a chat with them after a long time. But she didn't call them in the end—no, she couldn't. Just as she happily entered the coffee shop, she was greeted with traumatized event. Bloods scattered all over the floor, a small group of people bundled together with their body trembling non-stop in the corner, and lastly the four 'crazy' cannibals eating someone alive.

She witnessed something out of thriller movie. She couldn't believe it but the bloods and the corpse on the ground was too realistic to be called fake, or a prank from someone. Obviously scared, she unconsciously stepped back which caused her back to hit the glass door, and in turned, the noise brought the four 'crazy' cannibals' attention right toward her.

It was there where she began running for her dear life, but just as it happens, she got caught by them when she unfortunately tripped herself. She cursed the innocent pebbles. Why does it have to be her that was tripped? Why can't it be the crazy ones chasing her back?

Then the scene of her life starting from a baby to a full-grown high schooler started playing in front of her. When it was nearing the end, she feel a tap on her shoulder which caused her to turned and look behind her. She were surprise to see a white figure suddenly appearing behind her without her awareness. Is it the God? she thought to herself.

Looking up, she was expecting to see a face but what was there was a smooth white skin; no eyes or nose, but fortunately there's a mouth. What is even weirder however is that she feel as if she had seen the figure before but couldn't remember where.

She was about to question the figure when she remember that she didn't have any body to begin with. Even when she 'turned around,' it was just a feeling, so she thought. But then she noticed the figure's lips slowly turning into a kind smile. Then she hears unrecognizable voice deep within her that forcefully jolted her body hard. 

『 Wake up. 』

13