Chapter 8 – Hidden Underground Base
506 3 13
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Slowly, the girl opened her eyes. Though her eyes filled with confusion, she raise her body up until she is in a comfortable sitting position instead of continue laying on the ground. In her mind she was sure she died; she had lost a lot of bloods after all, and there was zero chance for her survival with her surrounding filled with man-eating zombies. Suddenly, a voice spoken up right behind her.

"Hey, you're finally awake."

Alarmed by his presence, she quickly put a distance between him and herself by moving backwards when she turned around to face him. 

"Seeing as you can move so well already, I guess you have enough strength to get away from this place."

Remembering where she was, she immediately observe her surrounding but, other than the headless corpses scattered around the place, there were no other zombie in her sight. 

"Ah, you don't need to be worried. I already taken care of this place so it's safe at the moment. Though I'm going to advise you to leave the city as soon as possible since there might still be zombies around on the other hidden location or building. I have said enough, I'll take a leave then."

"W-Wait!" Before he can leave her behind, she stopped him on his track by calling for him. 

"Can I g-go with you?" She stuttered. But he kindly smiles at her before saying. 

"No, the place where I'm going is not a safe place for you and everyone else. You should get to safety, at least out of this city. Oh, you might be needing this to help you escape," Right after he finished speaking, a hologram of baseball bat appeared in front of him as she looked at it in surprise. But her surprise didn't end there as the hologram was then replace with a real baseball bat when he grabbed it. 

She haven't even blink her eye yet, but she still unable to believe that this is happening for real. Where did the baseball bat came from? Did it just became real the moment his hand touched the hologram? How is that possible? The question is, is he even human?

"Here," He then throw the baseball bat at her which she safely caught it in her embrace. "With that baseball bat, it should be enough to take care of man-eating zombies. All you need to do is to smash their head, very hard, and you're good to go."

After saying his piece, he turned around but was stopped by her once again when she asked for his name. At the very least, she wanted to know her savior's name, or so she said.

"My name is Miyamoto Kei," He then disappeared out of her sight as if he wasn't with her from the very beginning. This shocked her to the core, but then slowly calmed down upon remembering what she had just witnessed a moment ago. 

'Miyamoto Kei-san...I will remember your name.' the girl then promise to herself that if she ever meet him again if the chance were given to her, she will do anything to repay him for saving her life. Yes, the one that appeared before her in that endless void was none other than him. She remembers his physical built well and both fits. 

...

After leaving the girl behind, a sigh voluntarily escape out of my mouth. I will probably run into that girl again in the future. At first, I decided to simply watch her at the side, thinking she will give up on her life as her legs were already eaten to her bones. If I had saved her, she will be crippled for life. Even that is a better news as if worse came true, she will become just like them due to the Honkai energy running through her veins. 

But in the end, he recalled the will to survive burns strongly in her eyes the moment she looked at me. 

Normally, people would have given up or turned into one of the zombies the moment they were bitten. But even after losing one of her legs, she showed no sign of turning. It was there and then that I decided it was worth saving her and immediately make my move.

After exploding the zombie head with just a snap of my finger, I turned my head to look at her but she had already fainted due to anemia. No matter, with my current state, I can even bring someone to life as easy as taking candy from little girl. But I shouldn't bring too much Honkai energy out of my body or something bad will likely happen. 

However, that didn't mean that I can't save her. With a certain amount of Honkai energy on the palm of my hand, I grabbed one of her legs with that hand and slowly imagine the time flowing backward. It went smoothly as I already had experiences with time manipulation from a certain world. But for some unknown reasons, she remains unconscious.

Thinking the procedure might gone wrong somewhere, I immediately use my skill to analyze her whole body, inside out. Finding the source of the problem, I ended up using a bit more honkai energy to wake her up from slumber.

"I can't believe her resistance to honkai energy is actually that high, she isn't even any important character," I muttered while passing through zombie after zombie with their head exploding along the way. There doesn't seem to be any survivor now that I'm deeper into the city. The Honkai energy on this area is pretty thick, unfortunately though, it became the nutrients for my strength. I can't just leave it like that, or this whole city will be turn into a dead zone just like what happened in the 2nd Eruption.

By following the Honkai energy in the air, I quickly arrived in front of a library. When I went inside, I was greeted with a whole lot of mess; books was scattered around the bloody and dirty floor, and as far as I can see, every shelves was also broken into pieces. Finally, the zombies groaned as they immediately heads toward me the moment they heard the noise of me stepping into the library.

It only takes me a few seconds before I found the secret door behind the broken shelves, in which showed me that the stairs were heading downward to the underground. Interesting, I thought before stepping down the stairs with curiosity in mind.

Don't forget to favorite if you enjoy the read!

Also, check out my patreon for more chapters ahead of daily release!

13