Chapter 9 – Research Facility
423 2 11
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

"Hmm, I wonder what's down below," I muttered while slowly heading down the stairs. The deeper I go, the thicker the Honkai energy is in the air. Anyone would have been turned into a zombie in no time if they were here in my place. 

*Grooar!*

"More zombies." Once I finally arrived on the underground hallway after a few minutes of descending down the stairs, I saw a few zombies wearing a lab coat loitering around. I easily wipe them out with a snap of my fingers before deciding to enter one of the doors closer to me. When I walked inside the room as the door was left unlocked, I was immediately assaulted by a group of weak Honkai Beasts. Once I dismissed them all within few seconds, I start observing the room. I found pieces of shattered glasses on the floor with weird liquids splattered around it. 

Glancing at the few researcher corpses and the broken incubators in front of me, I guessed they must be experimenting on the Honkai Beast. However, something wrong obviously happened to them, but as to what it is, I don't know. There was quite a few notes left on the broken machine next to the incubator, but there was no mentioning of what they were doing, it was just a simple 'this plan work, this plan fail.' There was no details information about the cause of the outbreak.

"Hmm, the chance of an experiment gone wrong which caused the outbreak in the city is quite high. After all, the cause of the 2nd Eruption also involved experiment, it wouldn't be weird if it happen again as knowing the one behind this research facility who won't give up until he achieve his goal."

Though there wasn't any information on the person supporting this research facility, I can easily bet it was that guy since only him can do something like this without feeling any guilt in his conscious. The fact that I came across two important characters a month ago must have something to do with this research facility. 

No matter, it might just be this room that didn't hold any important information. With that in mind, I exit the room before finding myself another room a few meters ahead. And just like that, I thoroughly investigated the whole place, and yet all I found was the same thing as the first along with the attack from the Honkai Beasts that break free from their imprisonment. Maybe they have already destroyed the important bits and everything here was the leftovers that wasn't vital. 

"That must be it. But since I'm already here anyway, I might as well go all the way through," I muttered while gazing at the darkness ahead with stairs heading down even further deep into Earth. Even without these eyes of mine that can see through anything, I can tell something dangerous is down there. Is it a herrscher? No, True Herrscher is much more powerful than this. Maybe it's the Emperor level Honkai Beast? That's more likely the case, I thought as I slowly descend down the stairs.

As I expected. It's indeed an Emperor level Honkai Beast, one and only, Ganesha. It shouldn't be here, in fact, only herrscher can command them so I'm surprise to see it here of all place. Or perhaps, maybe it's appearance is the result of a failed experiment? Either way, the moment I make my presence known to the latter, it immediately roared like a beast which causes the whole underground to be shaken by the sound.

I shouldn't let it attack me, thought it won't hurt me at all, it's where I'm at that I'm worried. I don't want to get buried alive with it after all. This time I raise up my right hand as a spear made of hologram suddenly materialize into a real one as it float calmly next to me. Then I gripped my hand into a fist which immediately triggered the spear to launch toward the target in front of me. 

*Boom!*

Before Ganesha can even think of dodging the incoming spear, it had already arrived right in front of its face and pierced right into it. 

*GRAAAAAAA!*

"Shut up. Keep the volume down. If you want to get buried so much, do it yourself. Don't drag me down with you." With the Honkai energy moving at my whim, I was able to shut it's mouth with just words before the scream grows louder. I should have done that from the beginning, no matter.

I didn't just stop it from screaming but also immobilize it on the spot with the used of Honkai energy in the air. It is impossible for it to win against me to begin with. The whole place is literally a prison to it as I can control the Honkai energy as I pleased. Speaking of which, I'm probably fine even if this whole is buried since I can simply put a barrier around me. Then why am I worried in the first place?

No matter! While my left hand keep Ganesha frozen on the spot, I manipulated the void with my right hand before throwing casually at it. The void immediately consumed it whole the moment it touched the skin until nothing of it was left behind. Rather than killing it, I just send it into the void which might be of use later.

Looking around me, the room was no different than the previous small rooms I had visited. If any, it's a lot more spacious and have more incubators for me to count. It seems that I have wasted my time coming here. But before I leave, I didn't forget to siphon the whole Honkai energy in this place. By the time I'm done, my figure silently disappeared from the hidden research facility before reappearing back outside the library. 

"Now then, let's get back to the girls—speaking of which, it seems they are in trouble." I muttered when I sense they were surrounded by zombies. However it wasn't just zombies, but also Honkai Beasts. That's a huge Honkai Beast.

It was then, Mei shouted in alarmed upon seeing the Honkai Beast sending Bronya flying that she didn't notice it was already right behind her with the blade of death speeding to cut her into two. Looking at Kiana standing up and running toward Mei, I sighed.

"Alright, that's enough."

Don't forget to favorite if you enjoy the read!

Also, check out my patreon to read more chapters ahead of daily release!

11