Chapter 10 – Awaken
445 3 14
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

"Alright, that's enough."

Just before the blade could reach her, a man of unknown origin suddenly appeared before her. With just his words alone, the blade came to a halt as if an invisible power stopping it from advancing forward. Looking at his back, Mei can tell he was older than her. 

She then thought perhaps it was the same man who had given her the mysterious box, but then she could faintly remembered that the latter isn't red haired. Upon coming to conclusion, she was quite disappointed but at the same time, curious about the man standing in front of her. 

She was disappointed that she couldn't return whatever the power she had awakened previously which was the caused of the outbreak that had happened in the city. It was her fault that the people had turned into the mindless man-eating zombies. All she wanted was to know what happens before her father's incident because she believe her father was framed. As to who and why, that's what she was looking for.

But then she was also curious about the identity of the man in front of her. Just from his sudden appearance alone, she can tell that he isn't normal either. 

"Mei!" 

"Kiana-chan..." The moment Kiana reached her, she immediately hugged Mei tightly while the latter pat her in the back. She then turned her head toward the man before whispering to Mei, "Do you by any chance know who he is, Mei?"

Mei responded by shaking her head. In the first place, she didn't have that many friends after that certain accident. But the fact that he came to her rescue, does it means he knew about her? Is he that man's helper? Or did he have something to do with her father's accident? While many questions keep appearing inside her mind, she and Kiana was alerted by the man who suddenly turned around facing the direction where Bronya was sent flying.

A few seconds later, they can see a small figure slowly drifting mid-air toward their location. Eventually, they can see her face and shouted.

"Bronya-chan!" "Bronya!"

"...Don't worry, Mei-neesama. The Bronya is okay, but can The Bronya ask if this is Mei-neesama power?" She then pointed to herself—rather the current situation of her floating mid-air. Of course with Project Bunny, she can also float mid-air temporary. But currently she was out of steam, it took all her power to protect herself from getting injuries after being sent flying with her body smashing through the building to another.

Just as Mei was about to shake her head, the man answered the question in her place. "It's my power. Now that I see you three are fine other than some minor cuts, I should take care of this." He then turned his head back to the frozen in place Honkai Beast. Suddenly, there were a strange aura enveloping his entire body. 

Just by standing few meters away from him, the three girls was already affected by his chilling aura as they were having problem breathing. It was as if someone was chocking their neck tightly, not letting it go until they breathe their final breath. But just as they thought they were going to die, the atmosphere return back to normal which brings them to confusion. Looking up, their eyes widened in surprise. 

Credits

The red hair that they thought was once short is now longer than theirs as it lightly fluttering under the soft wind, and their shocked faces. However, their surprise didn't end there as behind the man stood a floating two-handed sword. Even his outfit had undergone a huge changed from that of comfortable shirt and pants, to a one-sided free golden japanese kimono coupled with golden scarf wrapping loosely on his neck.

If they can also see his face, they would surely be amazed at how feminine it looks like. But the dangerous presence he gives off will surely stop anyone from saying that straight to his face. But at the moment, there is a confused look on his face. He looked down at his right arm that was free out of kimono, he noticed a strange tattoo emitting light at his biceps. Other than that, he also feel more powerful than before. 

If he can one-shot Honkai Beast with his previous strength, now he can simply destroyed it with just a thought, that's how he feel right now. But that is strange, all he did was strengthening his body with the Honkai energy for a bit. And suddenly, his whole body felt hot and before he know it, everything about him had undergone changes. 

All of sudden, a thought crossed his mind. 'Did I perhaps awakened as a herrscher?' Shaking his head to remove the thought, he turned his gaze at the Honkai Beast in front of him. But then he furrowed his brows as he could feel some sort of connection between him and the Honkai Beast which further proven him that his thought hit the mark perfectly. 

With a wave of his hand, the huge Honkai Beast that the three girls had been having hard time with simply disappeared out of their sight. But he only sent it into the void with the power of herrscher, as for what his element is, he didn't test it out yet. After all, he didn't expect this outcome. He had thought there won't be anymore new herrscher other than the 15 that the game developer hinting about. 

But then he remembers he didn't put his godly power in mind. This power of his is truly like a Pandora's Box since each time it power up, it is always a surprise to him. 

It should have been Mei awakening her herrscher power once again after witnessing Kiana receiving injuries in her place, but due to his intervention, it was him that awakened. 

Letting out a sigh, Kei decided to think about this at a later date as he have to deal with the other Honkai Beasts in the city. But suddenly, a huge shadow appeared below the city right on his position. He looks up, there he saw a huge flying battleship that he was the most familiar with, the Hyperion. Finally, the wheels of fate have start moving.

14