Chapter 13 – Asking for Help
471 24 15
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

"And lastly, he is a herrscher currently on watch list." The sudden drop of a bomb-like words cause the three eyes to bulged in surprised. But then they understood when they recall how I stopped the huge Honkai Beast and the other shenanigans I did. Mei especially, she seems wanting to speak with me even more than before.

Unlike her who lost control of her self the moment her herrscher power awakened, I don't have any of that problem. But even if she ask me, I won't know how to answer her when even I don't understand how is that possible. Is it because I'm an irregular? Or is it because I'm a newly born herrscher that I don't need to face another personality with a goal of taking over me? 

"But isn't herrscher bad?" Asked Kiana while tilting her head to the side.

"That's true, but there is exception. The first herrscher, Welt, for example; he choose to sided with humans. As for this guy? That still remains unknown," Himeko explained. I shrugged before saying with a smirk, "Perhaps, I'm also the same as him, or maybe I'm not. I'm on my own side, I decided my own life. Oh, that kind of rhythm, I like it."

"As you can see, though he may act like this, he haven't done anything wrong as of yet. So you might watch out for him just in case." She sigh before start introducing the other girls to me. It was at this moment that Mei finally use the chance to thank me for saving her that day. 

Upon hearing the topic mentioned by Mei, Kiana suddenly remember something as she stood in front of me and say, "I remember it now! You! If it wasn't for you, I would have stepped in front of Mei and save her like a knight in a shining armor!" With her finger rudely pointed at me. 

"By then, Mei would have fall in love all over me! But because you interrupted me, it's over before it even begin! That was a golden chance!" Hearing her words caused the other girls to facepalm themselves. Mei on the side is smiling wryly as she didn't know what to say in response to Kiana's 'honest' words. 

"Now now, calm down for a bit, Kiana-chan. You are going to be living in the same dorm after all, so you can talk about that plan of yours later. But still, do not cause trouble for me, alright? I hope you don't forget our deal in the beginning." Said Theresa.

"Of course I didn't! I need to become an A-Rank Valkyrie cosplay or something to know where my shitty old man is, right? I'm all fired up!" Kiana said with a fearless grin on her face. Though she appeared confident, I'm sure inside that empty head of hers that she's questioning herself on 'what is a Valkyrie?'

It is given that she's ignorant in regards to Valkyrie's information since it is not open for public just yet. Also, one of the reasons for that might be due to Schicksal manipulating information behind the scene. Most people only knew the valkyrie as 'Heroes' sent by Schicksal to defeat the Honkai Beast. 

Even the information I found on the internet also regards them as heroes rather than valkyrie, they also didn't know what a herrscher is. It goes to show how deep Schicksal's control is when it comes to important information. 

Afterward, Himeko guide them to their rooms while I'm staying in the living room watching the news of the outbreak on TV. After bringing them to the dorm, Theresa leave on her own since she had some businesses to do. At some point, I overheard Bronya asking the two if they saw Kuro the black cat, which they responded back by shaking their heads. I felt conflicted.

Should I tell her that cat was actually me? No, maybe I can just pick up a random stray cat on the street and transform it to my black cat form so that they won't be able to tell the different. I internally nodded and promised to do so once I'm free to move around. 

While my eyes were locked on TV, my mind wandered back to the day when I awakened my herrscher power. When I was imprisoned for few days, I didn't just idle around wasting time. I tested and experimented all sort of things, all to figure out what my herrscher power is. Of course I had to make sure the camera was covered before I conduct the test.

I already know that I can manipulated void just like Sirin, mayhaps a bit powerful than her. Lightning? That works too. I accidentally destroyed the inside of the cell because I was excitedly running around in lightning speed. With a snap of my fingers, the cell promptly return to how it once was; neat and clean. 

It was then that I remembered, wasn't I too overpowered? I mean I know I am, but the fact that I could use the same power as other herrschers before they even awaken is kind of a bull, isn't it? That might be why the previous era of mankind ended up losing to the Honkai. Absolute control of Honkai energy is a fucking overpowered as hell.

I wonder if the Honkai itself already took noticed of my presence in the world. I'm not too worried about myself as I'm sure I can run away if things get juicy, but for the people of this world, this planet is their home. If I can somehow talk some sense to the Honkai to not destroy mankind, but that's just wishful thinking. 

"Uh...Kei-san?" I turned my head away from the TV and looks at the nervous girl to my left. It seems that Himeko had shown her the room she will be living in. But instead of following the other girls, she decided to come at me, maybe to talk about something. That's how she looks like to me.

"Do you need something from me?" I asked. 

"Can you teach me how to control herrscher power?" 

Yes, she is none other than Raiden Mei. 

If you enjoy the read, don't forget to favorite and tell me what you think! 

Also, check out my patreon if you're interested in more chapters ahead of the daily release!(5 Chapters)

https://www.patreon.com/NeetGuy

15