Chapter 17 – Guide
366 2 12
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

"Oh my, will you look at that? It's a rare pokemon, Fumiko-chan!"

She already saw me coming in the corner of her view, so the moment I greeted her, I wasn't surprise when she shows no reaction and acts as if I wasn't there. I'm honestly curious, why did she went out of her way acting like this around me? When speaking with her crew, she acts normal but that changed when I casually greet her whenever I came across her. 

It was even before I jokingly call her name with a 'chan.' From what Himeko says, the girl is quite hard working when it comes to work, and even in her daily life. She's also a kind person who treated everyone with a smile on her face. So it got me thinking, have I ever met her before? No, I do not. 

I was always in my cat form before the outbreak begin so that shouldn't be possible. Even Himeko doesn't know why she acts like that around me. Thankfully, it doesn't appear that she hates me or anything like that though. But it is unmistakable that she may holds some kind of feeling toward me—no, definitely not the romantic one. After all, she only acts like that around me, and I mean really me.

"What's wrong? You're pretty quiet today too, ah! Is it that particular day for you?" Though her eyebrows visibly twitched when I say that, her mouth remains shut. I then continue, "No wonder! You're so antsy that I thought I might have accidentally destroy your home or something. That really makes me feel at ease!" 

Seeing the man she dubbed as brute preparing for a cup of coffee on the coffee machine, Fumiko immediately realized the cruel truth that the brute was planning on staying in the lounge alongside her. She can't even relax on her short break with him around! 

She recalled that ever since his appearance on board that day, she somewhat finds him unpleasant. Not in a bad way, but still unpleasant nonetheless. It's like his entire existence somewhat irked her in no way she could logically explain. Especially when he is around her Major. 

When she learned that the man will be living in the same dorm as her Major, her mind exploded. She couldn't believe that they allowed that to happen. She had tried telling them repeatedly that it's dangerous to leave him with her Major, but her objection fall on deaf ears. Even her Major thinks it isn't such a big deal.

First of all, he's a man. A man living with a woman together in the same living space is just wrong. If they are couple, it makes sense, but they are not. Even in Hyperion, there are still many empty rooms which the man can stay. And honestly, it is also a lot better than the Valkyrie's dorm. Why did he specifically wanted to live with her Major? He must have some sort of hidden motives for doing so! As her trusted adjutant, it is in her job to investigate the brute and exposed him!

"Ah~ drinking a cup of coffee with someone is so much better than drinking it alone, isn't it? Fu.mi.ko.chan?" 

"...it's Fumiko-SAN. How many times do I have to repeated it to you until it gets to your head?"

"See? It wasn't that hard to speak isn't it? I was just wondering why you're ignoring me, that's all. Did I perhaps really destroyed your house?"

"My house is perfectly fine and intact. And I'm not ignoring you, I simply don't like to talk." She lied as easily as she breathed. When I wasn't around, I know she talks a lot even during work, of course most of it involving work, but she isn't what she said to be. 

For some reasons, she appeared more tolerated to my presence now somewhat. If I got a mind reading skill, I might have went ahead and pried her mind opened. I'm really that curious. Speaking of which, I think I heard some of the crew members whispering something about her objecting to the Higher-ups. I didn't bother listening closer since it wasn't my business but maybe I should if I wanted to learn more about this girl.

In both the game and manhua, I realized that the game developer didn't bother giving every single NPC a name unless they have a role to play. That was the case in almost every stories I have read, but ever since I've entered the fictional world, I noticed everyone actually have names even when they are just a normal pedestrians. Is it because the world had turned into reality the moment it felt my presence and adapted to it? Or is it because of some other unknown abilities I had but didn't know it exists?

I have traveled through many worlds, but this still remains a mystery to this day.

"Really? Then why don't you guide through the rest of the Hyperion? I still don't know much about this ship and its interior parts after all. You don't need to talk much, just say the name of the place. Let's say this lounge for example; there's no need for further details about why it exist, why is there coffee machine in here either." She was about to reject his offer when he says, "You're free anyway, right? Or do you want me to bother your Major for something as small as this matter?"

"...Fine. You're done drinking your coffee right? Then let's get right into it." She said between her teeth before getting up and leaving her empty cup of coffee into the sink. Following her action, I also do the same thinking someone might come up to clean it. Since this ship is so wide and spacious, there might be a group of cleaners too. I could just return if I was wrong about it anyway.

Following true to my words, she really just tell me the name of the place while silently guide me through the whole ship. But seeing as there wasn't that annoyed look on her face, I take it as my win. Half an hour later, she left me back to lounge while she return to work as her break time is over. When I looked back at the sink, I nodded my head in an approving manner when I didn't see any empty cup in it.

Now that I have nothing else to do, I might as well spend some times at the play room before Himeko come and get me to return to the dorm. It was worth mentioning that Hyperion also has VR technology but it wasn't as advanced as the one in Schicksal, still good nonetheless. It was a very enjoyable experience playing around in the virtual world along with the other players around the globe. I might ask to borrow it from Himeko if there's a chance for it.  

So if you guys didn't know or read the manhua/manga, I decided to save Yae Sakura instead of going for the canon where she sacrifice herself to save Theresa.

Don't forget to favorite if you enjoy the read so far! 

Also, check out my patreon for more chapters ahead of public release!(5 chapters)

https://www.patreon.com/NeetGuy

12