Chapter 25 – School Tour
290 2 14
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Upon noticing my presence entering the room, Mei looked up. "Oh, are you going out, Kei-san?"

"Yes, that's the plan but I don't know much about the surrounding place, you see. Since I don't have anything to do right now, I'm thinking of touring around the high school's premise and see interesting place if there's one. But the problem is, well, I don't know anything else other than the front of the high school and around the dormitory." I said with my finger caressing my cheek in embarrassment. 

She nodded her head in an understanding manner before smiling as she says, "Then you don't mind me being your guide, do you? Though it has only been a few weeks, I had already memorized all the places that shouldn't be a problem for a simple visit,"

"No, I'm more than pleased having you as my guide. At the very least I won't have to worry about getting lost like a certain white haired girl," I chuckled. Mei also giggles at me poking fun at Kiana since it was the truth that the girl always seems to be late to her class when she was on her own, and her excuses upon being questioned was getting lost every single time. Though the truth of the matter is that she was helping people on her way to school, the girl is too kind for her own good sometimes.

Once Mei put the rugged cloth used for cleaning the dust into the washing machine, she went to her room and had a small check up of herself on the mirror, probably fixing her hair or something, before we both are ready to head out. 

"Then do you have any place in mind? Maybe an idea on what you might find interesting or something like that," asked Mei while we were walking down the stairs. I took a moment to think before shrugging my shoulders and says, "No, not really. I just thought that walking around might better than of laying down on my bed staring on the ceiling so yeah, no matter where you choose to go, I'm fine with it."

"Now that we're talking about it, don't you have any job or something to do, Kei-san? I mean you look mature, so I thought you might be working. Uh, are you okay? Perhaps, we should go back and—" "N-No, I'm fine. I'm just a little shocked, yeah, that's all."

For some reasons, when Mei actually mentioned about my unemployed state, I feel my heart clutching in pain. I know I shouldn't be feeling like this since I'm technically still a high school student back in my world. If we're talking about mental age, I'm definitely older than her. But her words, though it was just that of curiosity, it still hurts. 

I'm not a NEET! I just didn't bother going to high school again when I'm in another world. I mean, why would I go through hell again? I'm no masochist. Even with many overpowered abilities in my arsenal, hell is still hell. I'm definitely not making excuses here, it was all a solid reason. Absolutely.

"Well, regarding that, I'm actually in a quite pickle situation you see. Because I'm currently in a list of people under watch with me being a herrscher and all, it might arouse a problem if I get a job. Of course I'm not worried about me, it's the people I would be working with. If others learned of me being a herrscher, especially another organization other than Schicksal, you should know what will happen." I smoothly said, secretly thanking my brain for being able to made up a story on the spot. Though it was a fabricated lie, there was some truth in my words. 

"Ah, I'm sorry for bringing the topic." I shook my head to assured her it was nothing. It seems Mei decided to show me her class first, to which I don't really mind as it should be empty right now since most of them would either be in their dorm or outside at this time of the day. 

On our way there, we came across a few student passing by. My presence by Mei's side caused them to turned back and have a second look, curiosity in their eyes. Since none of them had courage to talk to me, they decided to follow us instead. Mei was about to kindly told them off, but I stopped her as it didn't really bother me that much. I should've known it would lead to this if I wanted to walk around the St. Freya High premise, obviously.

With a small crowd of students who had nothing to do following right behind us, we eventually arrived on the empty and clean classroom. It looked just like any ordinary classroom no matter which angle you look at. Still, it smells pretty nice, a bit on the flower-ish side, probably from the perfume the girls wore on daily basis. 

Other than that, there wasn't anything worth mentioning. Oh, maybe there is one. Her chair being next to the windows, but this is given considering Mei is also one of the important characters in the game. 

Afterward, she wanted to show me the place where the knowledge was stored, the library. If my memories didn't lie to me, the library of St. Freya High should be bigger than the one I saw in Nagazora. I've seen it in the game after all. But on the way there, I didn't expect to hear someone calling me out, especially not from the crowd. When I turned my head toward the voice that I feel like I've heard it somewhere, I was in for a surprise.

"Kei-san! You're Miyamoto Kei-san, right? I-It's me, the girl who you had once saved in Nagazora when the outbreak happens. You remember me, right?" 

How could I ever forget someone as outstanding as her. Her indomitable will to survive at the time of the outbreak was something that had been embedded deeply in my memories. Because of that very reason that I considered it worth saving her despite breaking the promise that I won't use my other abilities other than herrscher one. I wasn't awaken as herrscher yet at the time, so I ended up using my other ability to revive her from her death bed.

And to my surprise, she actually had a high honkai resistance body which is considered rare for someone unknown like her. If I wasn't there, she would have surely die. I didn't expect to see her here of all places. I thought that was the last of our meeting, I saved her and she would continue her daily life away from trouble brew by Honkai.

Is this a blessing in disguise, or is it the beginning of the butterfly effect that will soon consume me whole? Whatever it is, I'm prepared for it. I'm not the past me who was a powerless world traveler anymore. I have cheats on my side. You better watch out for yourself there, buddy. Why? Because I might be the one devouring you in the end. 

Sorry for the late post, was kind of busy with irl stuff. Anyway, here you go. 

Don't forget to favorite if you enjoy the read so far! Also, comment down below what you think. I do read them.

Check out my patreon for more chapters ahead!(5 Chapters)

https://www.patreon.com/NeetGuy

Thanks for the support, Talon Hollins, Daniel Barbosa, Victor Gonzalez, GodxHandsome!

14