Chapter 29 – The Situation in Nagazora
270 3 11
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

"So, how did the exam goes?" I asked out of curiosity. I'm sure the other two did really well on their parts, unlike Kiana who's the only one I'm worried about. Feeling my gaze on her, she harrumphed before smacking her chest and proudly says,"it's a piece of cake!"

"Subject Kiana is lying. She was complaining about how hard the exam was on the way home." Bronya quickly retorted, not wasting chance to poke fun at Kiana.

"Oho?" "Bronya! Didn't I tell you not to say anything about that?!"

"The Bronya neither answer nor nod to the promise, all Bronya did was staying silent. Which is to say, The Bronya is free to expose the lies of Subject Kiana." Bronya nonchalantly said. Though her face remained expressionless, all of them knew that she was actually being smug about it. Especially for Kiana since she had known the latter even more as they used to be schoolmates before they were enrolled into St. Freya High, including Mei.

"Grrr. You're picking a fight with me, right? You are, aren't you? It's game then!" She exclaimed before speeding up her eating pace while throwing manner completely out of the window. Mei told her to slow down but her advice fall on deaf ears as the latter continues gobble the food down her throat. It only took her a few minutes to finished eating before Kiana put the dirty dishes in the sink and washed her hands clean. Bronya followed suits as she wasn't that much of a big eater.

Another round of gaming session began. The results at the end was also the same, Bronya's character brutally massacred Kiana's to the point the latter had decided to brawl it all out in the Imaginary Space. Of course they asked for permission from me first before heading there which I followed right behind, interested in the upcoming fight. Mei also decided to tag along since she's worried about them;the usual kind her couldn't ignore such a thing after all.

"Now, it's about time you give up, Bronya. Once the fight begin, I won't be holding myself back you know?" Kiana said after the two had distance far enough from each other.

"Proposal denied. The Bronya is not afraid of fighting against Subject Kiana. Subject Kiana will soon learn the might of Project Bunny and admit defeat at Bronya's hands." Bronya responded as machine bigger than herself materialize right behind her with its only arm covering protectively around her, leaving enough distance so that she can easily move around while still being protected by it. She also started floating a few meters away from the ground at the result of awakening Project Bunny.

"Isn't that dangerous, Kei-san? Shouldn't we stop them?" The purple haired girl sitting right next to me couldn't help but worriedly asked upon seeing that. When she turned to her right to look at me, she became speechless. There I was, sitting comfortable on the chair I just brought out of my inventory with a big cup of popcorn in hands. 

"Hmm? Don't worry about it. If things get dangerous, I will immediately steps in to stop any of them from seriously injuring each other. A small cut or two is fine since it could be heal by my power anyway. Here, have some popcorn." While she remained frozen in place, dumbfounded at my casual reaction toward the fight, I placed another cup of popcorn on the table closer to her before continuing,"You can't fully enjoy the show without popcorn, it's a must!" Then I lean my back against the chair comfortably as she sighed.

"Fine then. I will show you that my fist is far stronger than that machine of yours!" Kiana then immediately took a stance, preparing herself for the fight which she had no use of weapon other than her own fist. They were staring at each other in silent, unmoving, for the first few seconds when Kiana couldn't hold it anymore and recklessly charge forward. 

Instead of feeling her fist meeting metal, her punch was blocked by a small circle wide barrier roughly around the size of average human heads. It precisely obstructed her fist from landing a hit on the machine. Kiana quickly jumped backward as the hand-looking machine counter back with its own punch but missed her by hair's breadth, leaving the ground cracked under it's might.

"Heh, you can't hit me."

"And neither did Subject Kiana."

"That was just an exercise. Now, let's the real fight begin!" She then rushed toward Bronya before jumping as the hand-looking machine was about catch her in its grasp. While mid-air, she make use of the momentum of her fall to empower her kick heading toward Bronya from above. It could be seen that it was already too late for the hand-looking machine to block the kick for her, thus, Bronya quickly covered her head with her arms as the barrier appeared once again.

Since she was the one controlling Project Bunny with her mind, it was also easy for her to bring out the barrier, one of many other functions of Project Bunny, to block the attack for her. Usually, she would have leave it to Project Bunny, but there are also times she had to do it herself, like just now. The moment she blocked the kick aimed at her head, Bronya reached out her hand and grabbed one of Kiana's legs before throwing her hard to the ground. 

"Guh!" Kiana groaned when her back hits the ground. Ignoring the pain on her back, she quickly stood up on her feet before stepping to the side as the hand-looking machine punched the ground. "This isn't over yet!" She shouted while swiftly moving her feet around. Once she had distanced from Bronya enough so that the hand-looking machine couldn't reach her, Kiana took a deep breath.

Inhale, exhale. Inhale, exhale. She repeated this steps a couple of times while Bronya were staring silently at her with no intent of launching any attack whatsoever. Once she was done, the atmosphere surrounding Kiana immediately undergone changed. It wasn't visibly to the naked eyes, but Bronya could faintly feel that something is strange with Kiana. 

"Here I go," She muttered before vanishing from her spot and reappearing again a few meters away from Bronya in a blink of an eye. The latter was surprised, it wasn't a speed she was expecting from someone like Kiana. Bronya quickly put up barrier in front of her as she had no time to dodge since Kiana was already so close to her. The hand-looking machine also covered protectively around her small figure right after the barrier materialized. 

But even with all these protections around her, Bronya still couldn't feel safe at all. She didn't know why, but the current Kiana feel very different than how she usually was. Right now...Subject Kiana is very dangerous. 

True to her words, Kiana's fist easily pierced through her barrier like a tofu, but just before it could thrashed Project Bunny and injuring Bronya, someone suddenly appeared right behind Kiana and throw a karate chop to her neck in a speed that none of the girls here could follow with their naked eyes. 

"S..neak..a.ttack...is..not...fair..." That was her last words before losing conscious. I had no intention of intruding in their fight from the beginning, but a change in situation forced me to do this. The event I had been waiting for... it's happening. I didn't explain further details to the girls, all I told them was I had something important to do and immediately teleported to the pinged location. It was in a classroom. With a quick glance, I sensed all the students involved in the ground was unfortunately dead. 

The only people still standing on their feet in the classroom was the Principal, Theresa, who immediately come here the moment she felt something was wrong. And a girl, a student in Nagazora, but currently she had another nickname for the current situation. That is a Pseudo-Herrscher. 

Don't forget to favorite if you enjoy the read so far!

Check out my patreon for more chapters ahead!(5 Chapters)

https://www.patreon.com/NeetGuy

Thanks for the support, Talon Hollins, Daniel Barbosa, Victor Gonzalez, GodxHandsome!

11