Chapter 30 – Pseudo-Herrscher
257 2 14
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Nagazora, Chiba Academy, 1A Classroom.

It's Nagazora again. Darn it! Even with an overpowered skill like photographic memory, I have somehow forgotten to reduce the Honkai energy in the air when I left with Hyperion in the past. If I had done that, there won't be any Pseudo-Herrscher incident happening like what am I seeing right now. I might have been quite nervous back then that such a thing just slipped outside my mind. It's an human's error.

Even my suggestion about planting a bomb near my heart was something I learned from the manhua/manga of the game. I couldn't think any other ways for me to be with Himeko while still having the freedom to move around. Yes, now that I calmly think about it, there are many other ways that fits the requirements. Though my choice isn't necessarily wise, what matter is the result! It turned out well in the end anyway!

I knew from the start that I shouldn't rely too much on my abilities, maybe I should start writing down all the details in a note or something. Who am I kidding, it's my fault for underestimating this world. And that, I'm still stupid. Heck, I'm not a genius to begin with. My scores in studies is just as low as you would've expected from someone like me.

Nagazora had just been rebuilt from the ground, and with advance technology, it didn't take as long as I expected. Furthermore, the buildings are mostly unscathed, though there are still some that was either half or completely destroyed because of Honkai Beast attacks. If anything, the third outbreak could be considered small in regards to both casualty and destruction in comparison to the first and second one. 

But as the world, rather technology keep advancing, my power will grows. It goes the same to the Honkai as well. I had tried tapping into that power once, and oh boy, if not for my indomitable will, I might have been consumed by the hatred toward humanity and their civilization. Of course I immediately stop the test right there and then. Even if I could control the power with ease and my mind fully intact, there's still a possibility that something might happen to get girls instead if they were around me when the power remained active.

My worries is also not just a mere paranoia. Once that omnipotent-like power was active, my whole body would then be surrounded by abundant amount of Honkai energy to the point that not even low rank valkyries would survive by simply walking a few meters away from me. I mentioned low rank, but I'm pretty sure even an A-Rank could only struggle so much before being fully infected if they didn't retreat on time.

"Sorry about the wait. Your pain ends here, girl." 

While I was pondering about stuff, it seems Theresa was about to make her move. Looking at her rather small size and the big cross, Oath of Judah, somehow staying in place at her back is amazing to say the least. So that's a relic weapon from the Previous Era, huh. 

"The Honkai must have chosen this girl as the new herrscher." Theresa muttered while watching the high school girl on her knees groaning in pain. "It hurts, doesn't it? Curse the Honkai. It has corrupted your body but left a sliver of your will intact..." She then put forth the Oath of Judah in front of her with the use of the chain in her hands. With a quick movement, she pulled a spear from many other choices of weapon out of Judah before saying,"Allow me to end your torment! Don't worry, girl. It will be quick."

Whoa, you go girl! Who's the no.1 cutest in the world? It's you! 

Thanks to my skill, they haven't notice my presence in the classroom watching them. With a swift move, Theresa lunged her spear forward right into the center of the immobilized girl's chest, precisely piercing her heart as blood splattered to the floor. That was what Theresa thought before a thorny vine suddenly appeared and was about to pierce her body through if not for someone blocking it with their hands.

"Oi, what were you trying to do to the world's no.1 cutie?" I muttered before ripping the thorny vine apart with one instant move."You...what are you doing here?!" Theresa said once she recognized who I am.

"Tsk, where did you came from, human? I was sure I was alone with that little girl, but whatever." The girl that Theresa thought was immobilized slowly levitate her body off the ground with thorny vines coming out of her back before continuing,"Hear me out! I am alone, cursed, unloved! My mother had nothing but harsh words every little mistake I made! My classmates hates me! I am nothing but a punching bag for the bullies in school! But don't worry, I had already killed them all! After all, I now holds the power of God! I AM THE CHOSEN ONE!"

"This is bad...it seems that her heart was already consumed by the Honkai!" Theresa softly muttered under her breath. So this is what happened when someone is completely corrupted by the Honkai, huh? It looks more like she was consumed by her hatred instead in my opinion. 

"Time to die!" The girl shouted as following her words, the thorny vines on her back immediately launch itself toward me and Theresa. While the latter easily blocked the incoming attack toward her by using the Oath of Judah as her shield, I had nothing in hand so I was quickly subdued by the overwhelming amount of thorny vines surrounding me. I could easily tear all these vines apart, but I refrained for a reason you'll see in a moment.

"Hahahaha! That's what you get for underestimating me by grabbing these lovely vines of mine with your hands! Hmph, trying to act like a knight in shining armor. You are undoubtedly strong, but in just a few minutes, you will end up the same as the corpses all around the school! That little girl too!"

"Kei-san!" Theresa shouted. She really wanted to go and help him but the vines keep attacking her, stopping her in place. 

"Your vines is truly poisonous, it's no wonder everyone in the school was easily killed without leaving any sound."

"So you can still talk, I applaud your will. But that too, will eventually be consumed by my power!" The girl proudly said. Even Theresa is starting to get worried, forgetting the fact that I too am an herrscher. But unlike the girl in front of me, my power and her is just like between heaven and earth. By now, you should understand why I was acting like a normal person. It's simple! 

"So you say, but I don't feel that much different though." I casually said before tearing the whole thorny vines surrounding my body apart by simply moving both my arms around. It was just a simple movement not so different than a casual stretching, but it easily ripped the whole vines apart, turning it all into nothing but scrap woods. Even without relying on my herrscher power, my body alone is more than enough to handle this little girl.

Don't forget to favorite if you enjoy the read so far!

Check out my patreon for more chapters ahead!(5 Chapters)

https://www.patreon.com/NeetGuy

Thanks for the support, Talon Hollins, Daniel Barbosa, Victor Gonzalez, GodxHandsome!

14