Chapter 31 – Victim of Unforgiven World
264 4 12
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

"What...what's going on?! You should be poisoned to death by now, why are you still alive?!" The girl couldn't believe it. Everyone who had been poisoned by her vines are all dead, that should have been the case. Even so! Why is the man in front of her looks perfectly fine! Heck, he even shattered the vines around him like it was nothing!

"Is it really that strange? Doesn't it just mean that your poison is weak, thus it didn't work on me?" I jokingly said while wiping the dust off my clothes. If I hadn't put an energy-like barrier surrounding me whole, the thorny vines might have tear up my clothes into a mess, there's also chance of completely wasted/naked. Nuh-uh, I'll leave the naked scene to a beautiful female knight and her biggest enemies, tentacles or orc.

Looking at him acting casual with no injuries to be found on anywhere around his body, Theresa heaved a sigh of relief. Now that she think about it, this guy is also a herrscher. He didn't need any sort of protection to begin with when he could literally end this entire city if he ever will it. Though she had heard that the first herrscher could be reason with, she never heard of any other herrschers like him. She also tried talking with the second herrscher in the past, but the latter only wanted revenge against the people who tortured her and her friends, and humanity due to the Honkai influenced. 

And so, Theresa thought only the first herrscher, given the name of Welt, was special as he also choose to sided with humanity against the second herrscher attacks. It was unfortunate that we also lost him in battle alongside the best notable valkyrie Schicksal ever had to date. Her only regret was not being there with her.

"That is impossible! Die!" The girl shouted before assualting me with her thorny vines coming from all around me, leaving me with no way to escape. Do I need to escape anyway? With that thought in mind, I simply stood in place as the thorny vines quickly wrapped itself around me. If I could take a look at the state of myself in the mirror right now, I may look like a mummy but with thorny vines.

"I told you already that your poison won't work me, even this restraining is nothing, see?" Following my words, the thorny vines that wrapped tightly around my body was then obliterated to dust in a matter of second as the two could see a flicker of lightning surrounding me. "No matter how many times you attacked me, none of them would put even a scratch on me. Just give up and let me end you peacefully."

Suddenly, the aura around him completely changed. If previously the girl thought he was just someone with a few set of skills, now she is starting to believe that he posed a threat to her existence. Also, that familiar feeling she felt a moment ago when he break free from her binding...it was as if he is the same as her. But that shouldn't be possible. She is the chosen one. The God(Honkai) says so.

"Kei-san! You shouldn't use that power! It will corrupt you and turn you into something else, something fearsome!" Theresa warned upon realizing that I was using my Herrscher's power to fight against the Pseudo-Herrscher. Though the girl was called that, her power was no way inferior to an A-Rank Valkyrie, especially her deadly poison. But unfortunately, her power was far from a True Herrscher.

"This...what is this? What is that power that you hold? No way, it can't be...I'm the chosen one!" 

Once again, she launch a torrent of attacks with her horny but deadly vines. However, she didn't just sit back this time. While I was destroying the incoming vines, turning them all to dust one by one, she sneakily went behind me before throwing a punch right toward the back of my head. But before her fist could get any closer to me, I turned my head around and smile at her before saying,"Unfortunately, your combat skill was just that of an amateur."

"Cough! Cough! H..How?!" The girl suddenly vomited a mouthful of blood with disbelieved look on her face. She couldn't believe it. In her eyes, he was just standing still. Though he did noticed of her presence behind his back, she thought it was already too late for him to do anything but it color her surprised. 

She had thought she got him, but she was Instead pierced right through her heart by a mystery black sword that suddenly appeared in his hands. She didn't know when he brought it out or where did it come from. By the time she noticed, she was already done for. From the very beginning, she was not his match.

Unfair. Why did she had to crossed path with him? It was going so well at first, but everything changed with his appearance.

Ridiculous. How could someone like him holds that much power? She couldn't even sense the bottom of his power. Even with all of her power, he was still unscathed.

Cruel. He had no intention of saving her like the naive doll over there. He was trying to kill her the moment he set his eyes on her.

Unwillingness. This can't be. There's still a lot of things she wanted to do in life. She can't die here. 

Feeling the overwhelming power given by her God leaving her body, the girl quickly tried everything she could to stop it, but her efforts only showed her that it's simply useless endeavor. Looking up, she saw cold crimson eyes staring right into her. But behind that cold temperament, she detected a hint of pity toward her.

Why is he looking at her like that? She doesn't need his pity. Suddenly, tears started pouring out of her lightless eyes.

Ah...that's right. All she wanted was a praise from her mother. She wanted to be told that the effort she puts in studying wasn't in vain. She also wanted to be friend with her classmates, hanging around, gossiping like any other girls of her ages. That was what she wanted the most.

Perhaps noticing something within her gaze, the man in front of her suddenly use his other hands to pat her head. If she could move, she would have slapped his hand away. But as she was starting to lose conscious, she could feel a warm feeling coming from his hand."You did your best. Good work." Though it was just a small words from him, she feel something within her had been lifted. 

Before the girl's body disappeared into nothing but a speck of dust, I saw an innocent smile on her face. This girl too, was also a victim. If she ever reborn, I hope she had a good life in her second life, away from this merciless world. 

Don't forget to favorite if you enjoy the read so far!

Check out my patreon for more chapters ahead!(5 Chapters)

https://www.patreon.com/NeetGuy

Thanks for the support, Talon Hollins, Daniel Barbosa, Victor Gonzalez, GodxHandsome!

12