Chapter 2 New Life
110 1 9
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

I walked down the tunnel as if for the first time. I noticed things I had never seen before the way the rough stone is damp from the air, the slow dripping of a crack in the roof of the tunnel somewhere, the small green fuzz by the river. I might be in a new part of the tunnels that I have never been to before, perhaps no rat has ever been here before, but I have a feeling these things I’m noticing were all over before I just never saw them. As I walk I wonder what the “level up” did and as if by magic…

The level up brings growth to your race, but since you have me :) you get a free skill point and some free stat points.

“Stats” I think

Race: Sewer Rat
Lvl 2/5 43.5%
Hp 2/2 (+1)
Mp N/A
Str 1.5 (+.5)
End .5 (+.18)
Agi 14.5 (+1.5)
Int 10.75(+.25)
Wis 6.5(+.5)
Cha .1
Luk 12

Free 1

My agility seems to be my strongest ability, it figures as all my brethren and I have always run faster than anything else we can do. We don't usually try to hunt here and just try to find food but I have a feeling it might be harder to avoid fights alone.

I keep walking, searching for a new home or at least something, that's when I see the largest rat I’ve ever seen, over thrice my size with fleshy patches intermittently through its thin greasy fur, beady eyes showing nothing but hunger and rage. I am surprised and hopeful to see another rat but after a second I realize it isn’t another of my kind, it is… something else. I turn and flee and hear the clicking of its claws on the stone floor as it pursues me. It is larger but it still keeps up as I run for my life. I hear thumping ahead similar to the giant I saw previously but I can maybe get past it as it is larger and might not see me. I turn the corner and run past a smallish green and brown giant carrying a stick. I jump into some plants growing through a crack in the floor of the tunnel and turn back to watch the giant rat and the giant. On closer inspection the giant doesn't look like the last one it is green with splotches of brown, it’s shorter too, and it has thin limbs and a bulbous head.

As I watch the giant sees the giant rat and pokes it hard with the stick piercing through the rats body. It lifts the stick, still impaling the rat blood dripping down, over its head and lets out a whoop. It turns around back towards me and I freeze, but it walks by my hiding spot as it returns to wherever it came from carrying the corpse of the rat and whooping.

I look around to see where I end up after the close chase with the rat as I didn’t look where I was going as I ran. I seem to be in a strange part of the tunnels, cracks along the walls, plants growing up through the floor and ceiling, green fur clinging to the walls almost all the way to the ceiling. I notice a largish crack hidden by some plants growing from the ground and I go to check it out as I am utterly tired from running for my life from the giant rat, and also want to find a safe place for my quest. I squeeze into the crack and find a small clear area with loose dirt at the sides spilling down. It might be small but it’s safe as no giant rat could fit in here. I lay down to rest and as I do. *DING*

Quest Complete:

Find A Home

Rewards Get:

Extra Skill Point

What are these skill points I’ve been getting?

*DING*

The can be used in the skill shop :) You get them when you level up, earn them, or max out a skill level.
To open the shop please think “Skill Shop” :)

“Skill Shop”

*DING*

Skill shop open :) You can search by key word or see what is recommended for your situation by thinking “Recommended” :)
You have 3 Skill points :)

“Recommended”

Skill/Cost/Effect

Sprint - Cost 2 - Gain incredible speed for a short burst at the cost of stamina
Mental Mapping - Cost 5 - Gain a perfect map in your mind of everywhere you go
Inspect - Cost 10 - See basic information of target, information varies by level and power of target compared to user

Hmm I can only afford sprint but it also seems the most useful so I guess I’ll get that

*DING*

Successfully purchased sprint :) Have Fun.

I have one point left I am hungry maybe there is a skill to let me never be hungry

*DING*

KEYWORD: Hunger
Searching…

Here you go :)

Hunger Suppression - Cost 1 - Have to eat less often
Hungry Soul - Cost 20 - Refill your magic points at a faster speed and form a magic core faster
Hunger of the Chimera - Cost 100 - Gain parts, skills, or stats of some consumed creatures

I've hidden some of the skills you don’t meet the requirements for but keep growing and you can see them all soon :)

I guess I’ll buy hunger suppression so I can rest without feeling hungry.

*DING*

Successfully purchased Hunger Suppression, remember to still eat occasionally :)

Ok, I’ve spent my skill points and escaped death time to rest. But then I suddenly realize an important question I haven’t asked yet. How do I gain levels in the future?

*DING*

You can do quests as you already know :) but you can also kill enemies, absorb energy from the world with the right class or skill, or do things related to your class.

What is a class, that's not on my stats or titles.

*DING*

You can earn a class through training under a master or teacher or through repetition of certain actions, some also come from special effects that you might discover.

Also not just any rat can get a class :) you absorbed me which lets you both evolve like a monster and gain a class like one of those giants you got me from :) Plus you’ll grow faster and better with my help :) aren’t I amazing :D

You sure are… I think as I drift off into a restful deep sleep.

9