Chapter 5 Eploration
172 3 10
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

I now have 6 Skill Points which should be just perfect for what I need. “Skill Shop”

Skill shop open :) You can search by key word or see what is recommended for your situation by thinking “Recommended” :)
You have 6 Skill points :)

“Recommended”

Lesser Core Cultivation - Cost 5 - Basic technique for starting to form a magic core
Mental Mapping - Cost 5 - Gain a perfect map in your mind of everywhere you go
Inspect - Cost 10 - See basic information of target, information varies by level and power of target compared to user

Hmm… I wanted to get Mental Mapping to explore my nearby area but forming a core seems good, what does forming a core do. *DING*

Forming a core speeds up growth of certain classes and allows you to use mana :) Anyone can naturally for a core over time but core cultivation speeds it up and makes it have better foundation, you can also use your mana to strengthen your body and techniques but that means you can’t use much If any magic :)

Huh, while forming a core seems good I’m not sure how much use it will be currently and I did already have my mind set on mapping out my territory. I guess I’ll stick with my plan and get “Mental Mapping”

Successfully purchased Mental Mapping :) Have fun exploring.

Now that I have spent most of my skill points I decide to save the last one and get to work mapping my area. First things first I backtrack my way to the little hole in the wall that is my home as I want to know the area around it. I decide that now that I’m stronger I’ll go into the area I believe to be the territory or at least near the territory of the green giant. While I don’t think that I can take it in a fight I’m sure I can remain hidden or escape if I get discovered. I head down tunnel, at first not going too deep into the territory but just the tunnels near my home. Using mental mapping I can easily see how all the tunnels I go down meet and even my home is marked with a little glowing dot in my mind. *DING*

Mental Mapping has leveled up to 2
1 Skill Point Awarded

I barely register the sound or the notification as I’m focused on my mapping, as I walk down the tunnel mind occupied with my map I wonder if I could mark other areas like how my home is marked with a dot. I focus all my attention on my map and I now am a glowing dot on the map that moves around. *DING*

Mental Mapping has leveled up to 3
1 Skill Point Awarded

While I am completely absorbed into my map I do register the ding and in the back of my mind something clicks, it seems that while repetition of using a skill will eventually level it up, pushing its limits and discovering what it can do will work even faster.

As I am walking and thinking about my skills I notice that I have mapped all the tunnels that are adjacent to or near my home, while I haven’t mapped them out end to end I have the portions that pass near my home and thats enough, especially because I don’t know what dangers will be found further down any tunnels or what monsters territory I’ll end up walking into.

Despite fear of the unknown I do decide to try to retrace the Green Giants tracks and maybe find its home to mark on my map. I continue down the tunnel it seemed to go down and after a little bit I do hear some noises. I continue slowly hiding my presence as I know that the giant could kill me instantly if it catches me. I slowly walk in the shadows as I approach. *DING*

Hide has leveled up to 3
1 Skill Point Awarded

I ignore the ding as I approach the noise of what I assume to be the giant. I come to a dead end of the tunnel but the wall has been broken by time and on the other side of the hole is a large open underground cavern that seems to go on forever. Its my first time seeing such a large space and despite it being hard to see through the darkness I can peer through some due to my sharp eyes, but the deeper the darkness goes as it stretches on and on it seems to form a wall of darkness impossible to see through.

As I climb over some loose stones and into the large hole in the wall I see what was making all the noise. A large pile of glowing warm energy that inspires both fear and reverence, similar to the glowing stick that the giant with the shiny covering similar to the centipede carried, is going up into the darkness piercing it. Around the pile it is quite easy to see what is going on and there are 10s if not more of those green giants, all carrying different strange items, dancing around the pile and making a large commotion. I try to use the cover of darkness as I slowly approach the green giants to see more. I can see their large eyes and pointed ears, their teeth sharpened to points, their nose large compared to their face and hooked down almost over their mouth. I approach and hear them making strange guttural sounds but the sounds are full of joy. I quickly mark the area as dangerous on my mental map *DING*

Mental Mapping has leveled up to 4
Hide has leveled up to 4
2 Skill Point Awarded

Skill Interpretation has been earned.

I’m surprised to earn a new skill, but using the new skill I can somewhat understand the noises. I’m not quite sure but it seems the noises are a story about killing something as I can see their movements with the items the are carrying as if they are attacking something with them. I cant understand what they are killing or why, but I don’t stay around long after as I have done what I came here for. I flee into the darkness of the tunnels and return to my home satisfied with the expedition. As I curl up in my home I lay down to sleep planning what to do when I wake, as I slowly… drift… to… sleep…

10