Chapter 14 – They’ll eventually show themselves
129 0 5
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Chapter 14 - They'll eventually show themselves

 

My papers were far gone and it wasn't legible at all. The water was everywhere, my notes, textbooks, and even my sandwich were soaking wet. Papers with profanities written such as b*tch, wh*re, Attention-seeker, and many more were put in my bag as well.

 

'What is this bullsh*t now?' This was the second time already. I eyed the whole class.

 

"Why are you still standing Reeves?" Professor Brooke saw me still standing and asked. I sighed heavily and lifted papers together with my wet books in one hand.

 

"Someone, apparently had fun with my stuff." Mrs. Brookes face held shock. The books in my hands weren't just wet, they were soaked that I couldn't even read any printed letters on it. I didn't really mind the first assault during the gym class since it didn't affect me whatsoever, but this pissed me off.

 

It pissed me off because these books are expensive. It reminded me of how I worked three night shifts at three different fast food chains just to afford my medical books back in my day and for them to just ruin good books like these, they must think that money grows from trees.

 

"Oh no, well I can extend your deadline for a little bit if that's what happened." Mrs Brooke looked at my soaking papers and decided to extend my deadline until the end of the day.

 

I sighed to myself and cleaned up the clutter. I didn't worry about not being able to pass since it my document was saved in my cloud, I was worried about the fact that someone's attention is on me, and not in a good way. The only reason that I can think of for these things to happen is because of Lucas. Not mad at him, he's just indirectly shifting his fan's attention to me, and that's not good.

 

"Let me help you, Yvonne." I turned around to see Natalie picking up some of my stuff.

 

Natalie had a worried expression on her face as she picked up the wet text books. As you can see, only the sympathetic person here is Natalie. I put the books by the window to dry, I wanted to save them since some were still readable.

 

 

We were given consideration by the professor to clean up my stuff and dry my bag off. Natalie followed me to the school yard to help, I didn't refuse her offer and let her help me. I took bond paper from the teacher's desk and a lot of tissue paper from the bathroom.

 

"You're going to dry them?" Natalie  asked,

 

"Of course, what else would I do?" I said as a matter of fact. All these books combined cost more than one semester at my college back in my reality. I wouldn't want to waste all that money so I was trying my best to save them.

 

"You could just buy new ones?" Natalie said. Of course, even if she came from the province, she's still a rich woman, she wouldn't know the struggles of almost starving yourself just to afford anything.

 

"Why waste money when you can still use these?" I said as I put the tissue paper between the text block and the covers. I don't open them up and lay them under the sun like I used to back in middle school. It will only destroy the book further if I leave it under the sun.

 

"Thank you Natalie, you can leave, this will take long." Natalie already helped me with hanging up my bag.

 

"Oh, I don't mind. I'll help with that." Natalie grabbed a bunch of tissue papers and copied what I was doing. She failed in a couple of times but I taught her how to do it properly.

 

'I'm messing up the story so much.' I thought to myself, well I can't just ignore the leads can I? I'd rather them not hate me, I already have a hard time following them around and being seen as a stalker, I might as well just get friendly and collect orbs safely beside Natalie. I mean, what could go wrong?

 

We spent some time laying my things out properly under the shade and walked back to our class. It was not a long walk to our our class.

 

"You're skin is so nice Yvonne." Natalie complimented Yvonne's skin. Well, Yvonne had a really fair skin, she used to be obsessed with her appearance because of Lucas, and it paid of really well. Her skin was healthy, no eye bags and dark circles were seen, her face was like glass.

Well, now that I inhabit her body I don't really take care of it as much. Like come one, who would do a 13-step night routine and 10-step daytime routine just for the face? She has 5 different lotions to apply and maintains a strict schedule on when to wash her face and take a bath.

 

"Thank you, you have nice skin as well." I said back and continued to walk. Natalie did have a nice, although tanner than Yvonne's, ti's still considered fair. The skin type that astonishes me is Lucas', his skin is whiter than white itself, he looks like a sheet of white A-bond paper. 'I sometimes wonder if he's a vampire.'

 

'I need to know who's doing this and why they're targeting me.' I thought to myself, my first guess is it must be one of Lucas' stans.

 

"I can't believe Lucas has saesangs." I sighed to myself, looks like even in this reality, crazed and obsessive fans still exist.

 

"Hm?" Natalie turned her head, she wasn't able to hear what I said but was only able to hear a low whisper.

 

"Oh, I was just wondering about our next subject."

 

"Next subject? We'll be preparing for the school festival for the rest of the day."

 

"Ah... yes. How could I forget." The schedules was temporarily changed for the upcoming festival. We only had 4 periods for a day and the rest is spent for preparing for the festivals.

 

"*sigh* I'm still wondering who would do that to you. Do you think it's the same person that trashed your locker?" Natalie was thinking deeply about what had happened. It was as if it's her own problem as well.

 

"Don't think about it too much." I simply said

 

"But they were doing horrible things to you, how could you just let them?!" She stood in my way and exclaimed. This female-lead was a morale person, she's very kind to the point that she's dumb but she's also the word "justice" itself. She would step up as if it's her own problem and would only stop if "justice was served".

 

"They'll eventually show themselves." I walked past her and said. Those people or person would eventually appear before me, mock me, and talk sh*t about me.

 

"I don't engage with cowards who hide and provoke people like trolls." I purposely said it loudly so that anyone within reach can hear it. Why would I waste time looking for someone who wouldn't show themselves? Sooner or later they'll just show themselves to me and when that happens, I'll be sure to exact revenge appropriately.

 

"Well, what do you plan on dong now?" Natalie caught up to me and asked again.

 

"Wait." I said which made her even more confused based on her expression.

 

"You're going to wait for something to happen to you again?" Natalie frowned and asked.

 

"I'm waiting for the troll to show itself, then I'll grab that chance to pull it's hair out and execute it." I said in a scary tone. As much as I'm pissed out, it doesn't really affect me that much, since it's jsut a bunch of childish and cowardly people who hide behind their money.

 

 

After walking a couple more minutes, we finally reached our class and sat on our desk to listen to the lesson that was being taught. I already had an idea of who did this, but I wouldn't like to speak without any evidence, but all circumstances point to her that I'm already sure about. I just gotta wait patiently and observe for the meantime.

 

Time went by normally and nothing happened so far. Right now I'm finishing up the boards that we would hand up. I can finally finish and rest right after this.

 

I was busy painting when I hear my name being called.

 

"Yvonne! come here." I turned my head to Julia's voice and stood up. She was holding a huge red panda head and a chubby rounded suit.

 

'Ah, that must be my costume.' I thought to myself the moment I saw what she was holding. It was a large red panda suit wearing a police outfit. When I got near her, I noticed that her eyes were a little swollen and red.

 

"You'll be wearing this for the event, It isn't very heavy so it will be easy for you." Looks like she cried all night. 'It's because of that rejection wasn't it?' I made a hypothesis in my head and took the large suit from her.

 

"You can try it now and tell me if it doesn't fit you so we can adjust the size." She handed me the suit and lightly pushed me towards the door encouraging me to try it. I walked out and went out the hall towards the bathroom.

 

 

I looked at the suit in my hand and observed it. The fur is really fluffy, it's not the cheap kind you always find everywhere, well, that's to be expected in this private school. The costume was unexpectedly light and fluffy. I went inside the bathroom and put it on. The costume had two parts, the round body with straps that you put over your shoulders and the huge head that had large cute eyes. It was a red panda and the cute face seems to be worth the heat inside the mascot.

 

I could see freely through the red panda's eyes and could walk comfortably. I walked out with my paper bag in hand and tried to move around. I t was comfortable overall, except for the fact that it was hot inside here. I was checking out the small tail on the mascot and it's cute paws and decided to change when I suddenly heard voices.

 

 

"You don't like me?!" There was a girl's voice that shouted. Oh, who would've thought, it's yet another confession made by one of Lucas's admirer's. I thought to myself as I hear the conversation go on.

 

'How the hell do I always end up listening to their unwanted conversations anyway?' I frowned and turned to the bathroom to change but I could still hear their voices.

 

"What was all that nice things you've been doing to me then?" She sounded hurt and pained.

 

"When have I been nice to you?" I could hear a low voice asking, it's none other than Lucas of course. I couldn't honestly care less about their conversation, my only objective is to walk away from them. But I couldn't even do that simple thing.

 

'They're blocking the hall!' The bathroom's were located at the end of every hall, I looked everywhere to and thought of ways to get out without them noticing. Soon, my eyes went on over the windows.

 

'The hell are you thinking Demi? This is the third floor.' Unless I wanted to break my bones or fracture my skull I'm not gonna do that. I wasn't desperate enough to jump out the window from the third floor.

 

'Should I just run for it?' I thought to myself.

 

 

I decided to put the head of the mascot back, I was thinking of changing but I put the costume back on. 'They wouldn't recognize me this way.' I've been around Lucas a lot whenever there's a confession happening, he'd definitely think that I'm some type of creep sticking to him, and I wouldn't want to explain anything and waste my time on engaging in a conversation with him.

 

I finally walked out of the hall corner and walked towards them, I was just staring past them and pretended to not notice them.

 

'I'm air, I'm just air!' I keep telling myself that I'm non-existent just walked briskly. But alas, Lucas noticed me and turned his head slightly.

 

I instinctively covered the eyes of the costume so he wouldn't be able to see me from the inside.

 

"And now you're not even paying attention?!" The girl noticed him looking away from her and exploded as I walk past them. after I felt that I was past the two of them I finally removed the head of the mascot and sighed in relief.

 

'This place is as large as a whole island, how the hell do I always encounter him and always when he's being confessed to?' This is already the third time! First Natalie, then Julia, now some unknown girl. This dude's appeal is greater than a Greek statue, no wonder he's that arrogant.

 

 

I sighed to myself once again, I never really experienced being confessed to, even in my life. Thankfully I wasn't born like a Greek goddess like Natalie or the other leads like Julia, I like my existence to be similar to air, simply breezing past you without notice.

 

After collecting my thought I turned around and decided to head back when-

 

 

"Argh!"

5