Chapter 5: Building’s secret
80 2 2
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

A few days had passed and Theo did his usual stuff, Plant, read, eat, sleep. Then level up with the nanosystem in the process. In his mind he also was bored, he always thought is this what exiled royals feel when they get strip of their rank and outcasted by their own family.

“This sucks.”

He talked to himself as he sat in a chair at the ground floor, watching the scorching hot desert outside like a TV show, it was possible because the large garage like door was opened, being alone on a deserted planet undeniably sucks, sitting all day doing for nothing.

He sat on his chair, legs cross and hands clasped atop his groin, remembering his books and thinking of any thing that would be of use.

There were a few books in the library that were related to shipbuilding but that was barely of any help.

“Because I don’t have any goddamn material!”

I stood up from my chair and walked to the scorching hot desert to assess my surroundings again. Looking left and right, I saw nothing but sand and rocks.

I sighed in anger and tried doing anything that can I waste my time on. I walked back inside before asking my nanomachine.

“Oy! Bot, got anything?”

A screen then appeared in my eye, it wrote:

[Find scrap metal 0/10] [Reward: 100 exp points]

“Oy! Scrap metal! Really? Where the hell can I find that?”

“Up to you, my lord.”

This nanomachine, he even calls me his ‘lord’ but doesn’t even respect me. I then started my quest on the search for scrap metal, not like I was going to do anything.

I walked far and wide inside the building to where I found most of them in an abandoned foundry somewhere down on the lower basement levels, because I used most of my stat on intelligence, I was able to open the heavily locked basement.

“There... what's next?”

[Quest: successful] [Reward: 100 xp points]

Theo Gersia, Level: 5 [350/1200]

[please wait for another 4 hours]

As I saw the ‘please wait’ screen, I was immediately pissed at it. it made me walk all the way to the lower levels were the heat is phenomenal because I wasn’t able to find the generators or the stuffs that powered this place.

I was sweating, I was about to climb on the stairs and leave the place, until remembering I have scrap metal and a foundry.

I looked back, and there was a heck ton of metal on the floor, all kinds, different colors and sizes. Since there was no light yet, I decided to grab the nearest metals and turned on a nearby furnace, as I pressed the button it immediately lit up, I thought it needed a longer procedure, but then again, I’m in a different galaxy.

The large, orange-colored furnace, started radiating heat from the inside, I personally didn’t know how it worked so as soon as it lit up enough and the heat was unbearable, I threw the metal onto the fire and closed it, then waited.

A few minutes passed and somehow the furnace automatically created a torso of something it was crudely built but it was still a torso, it left riding the conveyor belt and dropped it on the floor of the room.

It was still hot so I didn’t pay any attention to it, yet. I threw another scrap metal inside that was the same amount as the first one. And again, after a few minutes, another torso came out.

“The fuck?”

In my mind, it wasn’t what I wanted to be built, I looked at the furnace again, it didn’t have anything, no controls, no nothing. I didn’t know if there were actually something there or not, since it was severely dark.

“I can’t see shit!”

I then walked to the stairs and left the foundry, I was slowly sweating but I was also getting accustomed with the temperature.

“Dammit! Where the hell is the power system or generator!”

Then suddenly I heard a notification sound bell, which caught me by surprise as it still isn’t 4 hours.

It then appeared in my eye, using my fingers, I pinched it to enlarge itself, there it wrote:

[Find the Reactor] [Reward: 100 exp points]

“You are literally making life harder; do you know that.”

I asked it in an angered tone.

“I am only helping you, my lord.”

My eye twitched in anger, but at least instead of wasting my time searching for the power generator thing, at least I’ll gain exp points searching for it. I had no choice but to find the power generator in the massive building, again, the building was super tall and large it could be anywhere. 

 

***

A few hours passed and I wasn’t able to locate where the hell that reactor generator was. I searched the building from the ground up and it's nowhere to be seen.

“Don’t tell me this building doesn’t even have a reactor.”

I said at the empty living room, panting, I was exhausted and everything, I suddenly then fell on the floor that I made my bed for the time being, since the temperature was just right.

I began to think were can they put or hide that generator thing.

“Hmm, think, if I was one of the owners where would I put a large and deadly power generator…”

I took a little pause until I finally made a conclusion or guess.

“Underground.”

But I was only able to open 1 of the underground basements, to be honest, it was a blast door, its security was off the roof, it took me an entire 10 hours just to open it. I sighed whilst laying on the floor.

“Not again.”

I decided to do another round on the ground floor, obviously the power room would be the most protected out of all the rooms, so let me do my guesses, it is underground, a power room so it has to be well defended, overall, I need to find a large ass door underground.

“Well, time to get to work.”

Hours passed and all of the remaining 19 doors were normal blast doors, the same as the one I opened the foundry room. I was running out of options and tried entering all of the building’s elevators, what’d you know maybe I’d get lucky.

Another hour passed and I wasn’t able to find anything, that was until I noticed something strange at the far back of the ground floor.

The ground floor had only one entrance and that was the front, when I look at the back there seems to be nothing, but it might be exactly the right place to try and hide an underground room or elevator.

I decided to hit and knock the wall at the far back, I started at the left and to the right side of it, it went for a few minutes until I finally noticed an odd sound at one of the parts of the wall, I placed both my hands at it and tried pushing it.

At first it seemed it wasn’t working, but suddenly it opened, that part of the wall I was pushing was a door, it split itself open and there I saw an elevator it can only go down, as the ground floor of the building was it max height, it seems they wanted to make this place very secure.

2